flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 18, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #5,434 of 39,414
The following masterplan just entered my brain:
$699SGD? I think I still have enough budget for that mod => I'll contact MS asap, before it's sold out.
Once I've got it, I can start saving up for the upcoming years for the WM1Z itself as well :thumbsup:

I think now you need 2 WM1Z, one modded and the other not, so you can swap them depending on the mood.
:ksc75smile:

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #5,435 of 39,414
Hey guys, so I've read that the Athena has more bass quantity than the Zeus, and anything less than the Athena's bass quantity would be too little for me. What's a good cable recommendation to bring the Athena's resolution, clarity, and treble extension a bit closer to the Zeus without sacrificing bass quantity. I'm looking to spend $300-$500, but I'd definitely consider cheaper options as well. Thanks everyone :)

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #5,436 of 39,414
You guys are killing me!
Ok, on the advise

Hi Ike1985/subguy812, Should I change my order to the XR?

There is nothing to lose with 2 signature. All you gain is much higher flexibility with a few hundred bucks. You are still getting the performance of Zeus-R, and you can change to XIV with a pop of a switch. 2 Zeus in one package Holy yes

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #5,437 of 39,414
No, that's the wrong approach. I have been working for multi-millionaires for years and haven't got a penny. Know why they are so rich? Because they never part with any of it! What you need is someone with a huge income, but who is still constantly broke. Ah see... :D

giphy.gif

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #5,438 of 39,414
Congratulations @Deezel177 on the THL appointment! Your writing here brings so much value to this wonderful thread. They combine technical know-how (clearly your forte, or Fourte lol), the vocabulary of a proven wordsmith, and a dash of humour... great reading indeed.

Really looking forward to your reviews!

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #5,439 of 39,414
Hey guys, so I've read that the Athena has more bass quantity than the Zeus, and anything less than the Athena's bass quantity would be too little for me. What's a good cable recommendation to bring the Athena's resolution, clarity, and treble extension a bit closer to the Zeus without sacrificing bass quantity. I'm looking to spend $300-$500, but I'd definitely consider cheaper options as well. Thanks everyone :)

The Effect Audio x Music Sanctuary Eos would be perfect! I'll be reviewing this in the near future too. :D

Congratulations @Deezel177 on the THL appointment! Your writing here brings so much value to this wonderful thread. They combine technical know-how (clearly your forte, or Fourte lol), the vocabulary of a proven wordsmith, and a dash of humour... great reading indeed.

Really looking forward to your reviews!

Thank you so much, man; I really appreciate that. I love your write-ups too, dude, and honestly everyone here makes this thread a pretty awesome place to hang out. I'll be posting the review in a few hours after a half-dozen more read-throughs. :)

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #5,440 of 39,414
The Effect Audio x Music Sanctuary Eos would be perfect! I'll be reviewing this in the near future too. :D
You have Eos coming in? Nice! Will you do a comparison to Ares II as well? Very curious what Eos brings over Ares II. Saw Eos pop up in the Lime Ears thread too, attached to Model X.
Thank you so much, man; I really appreciate that. I love your write-ups too, dude, and honestly everyone here makes this thread a pretty awesome place to hang out. I'll be posting the review in a few hours after a half-dozen more read-throughs. :)
Looking forward to it! (And don't worry, your writing is always great! :wink: )

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #5,441 of 39,414
Announcement - Beat Audio US Premium IEM Upgrade Cable Tour
Given all the talk about cables in this thread, I thought I would mention a new US cable tour that will allow you to try them for yourself. Having hosted a number of TOTL CIEM tours, the topic always comes up so it only made sense to do a cable series. Beat Audio graciously provided us with the first tour kit which I am very excited to hear. Those that are interested can sign up here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bea...s-head-fi-tour-starting-november-2017.863166/

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #5,442 of 39,414
You have Eos coming in? Nice! Will you do a comparison to Ares II as well? Very curious what Eos brings over Ares II. Saw Eos pop up in the Lime Ears thread too, attached to Model X.

Looking forward to it! (And don't worry, your writing is always great! :wink: )

I actually bought the Eos while I was over at Singapore last week. I did compare it for a brief second to the Ares II and I have an idea of how the two differ, but I'll have to give it another go to be sure. I haven't seen that post on the LE thread, I'll have to hop on over to post my review as well. :D Thank you for your kind words by the way!

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #5,444 of 39,414
A few words: To the always-generous @flinkenick, I am completely and utterly humbled by the opportunity. And, to everyone else on this thread who've shown me great kindness and hours upon hours of fun, I could not have done this without you... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back