flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 15, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #33,932 of 39,414
Bird killed the Rhaps for us :frowning2:

@hshock76 standing strong. Although he just rebought the bird lol.

Still love the Rhaps and dun think anything can dethrone them for me now. Bird just for fun. Let’s see how long it lasts this time. Sultan LE is dope now and more looking forward to receiving the Thummim than the Bird.

Jul 15, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #33,933 of 39,414
Still love the Rhaps and dun think anything can dethrone them for me now. Bird just for fun. Let’s see how long it lasts this time. Sultan LE is dope now and more looking forward to receiving the Thummim than the Bird.

well probably not long considering FedEx doesn’t seem to want to deliver it to you 😂

Jul 15, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #33,934 of 39,414
well probably not long considering FedEx doesn’t seem to want to deliver it to you 😂

I suspect the driver is listening to them. It’s been on the truck for delivery for 2 days and still nowhere to be seen.

Well on another note, Noir with Aeneid on Sp2k is crazy good. Will write more but I’m super impressed with Aeneid.

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #33,935 of 39,414
Yes same has been said about IER-M9 and as my collection has grown, I understand why - but it is what I love about them too, they just need absolute focus for me to appreciate them, a very intimate listening experience and ultimately rewarding. Maybe U12T will be an even more boring but rewarding experience!
Good description for U12T
“boring but rewarding”
There has not been much talk about that IEM for quite a while, interesting, think I need to blow the dust of mine and give it a spin.

Isabellae demo coming on Monday single driver DD, is this the best tuned SDD of all of them, no idea.

Looking forward to @aaf evo take on the Balmung, I thought I heard EDM sounding good on it, do not listen to Rap music so no idea on that.

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #33,936 of 39,414
Good description for U12T
“boring but rewarding”
There has not been much talk about that IEM for quite a while, interesting, think I need to blow the dust of mine and give it a spin.

Isabellae demo coming on Monday single driver DD, is this the best tuned SDD of all of them, no idea.

Looking forward to @aaf evo take on the Balmung, I thought I heard EDM sounding good on it, do not listen to Rap music so no idea on that.

Should be here within a few hours. I think I’m more excited to see it than to listen to it, but here’s to hoping MMR has pulled of a tuning that resonates with me :)

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #33,937 of 39,414
Should be here within a few hours. I think I’m more excited to see it than to listen to it, but here’s to hoping MMR has pulled of a tuning that resonates with me :)
I was a little disappointed with the looks, it’s nice an all that, looks better to me in photos.

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #33,939 of 39,414
Haha oh no, well hopefully this one makes up in sound then.
Think my expectations were too high, the housing has two different metal finishes between the top and bottom.
The top face plate is super cool.
The bottom silk screening and material color and finish is what did not appeal to me and I felt detracted from the statement made by the face plate.
Would have been perfect if the same metal without printing on it.
Nitpicking.

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #33,940 of 39,414
Yes same has been said about IER-M9 and as my collection has grown, I understand why - but it is what I love about them too, they just need absolute focus for me to appreciate them, a very intimate listening experience and ultimately rewarding. Maybe U12T will be an even more boring but rewarding experience!
I feel the same. For me, IER-M9 and U12t are kinda like the “baseline” IEM tuning that just sounds correct for my music, even though they aren’t necessarily neutral or reference.

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #33,941 of 39,414
Think my expectations were too high, the housing has two different metal finishes between the top and bottom.
The top face plate is super cool.
The bottom silk screening and material color and finish is what did not appeal to me and I felt detracted from the statement made by the face plate.
Would have been perfect if the same metal without printing on it.
Nitpicking.

Just opened them. Definitely look better in photos, the faceplate of the IEM is beautiful but the inside/actual shell part is a bit bland.

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #33,942 of 39,414
A very intriguing rebrand and tease from none other than Jomo Audio… :wink:

4DD6EC6F-AD00-4D6A-8EA8-B384969D3D18.jpeg

Jul 16, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #33,943 of 39,414
I want to share my experience with the Go One as I feel it deserves a shout out. Recently, Custom Art released the Go One and FIBAE 3X3. Honestly, I was not expecting much from the Go One as it's just a simple BT IEM with a 6mm Graphene Diaphragm Dynamic Driver but I was so wrong. This IEM may not have the best technicality but it truly epitomizes what is musicality, I could go the entire day listening to it. It has a rather balanced sound with extended sub-bass, forward midrange and smooth treble. The soundstage is above average. If there is 1 word to sum the sound, it is musical. Possibly the best BT IEM I have ever tried.

IMG_20210716_191747_847.jpg

Jul 16, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #33,944 of 39,414
I want to share my experience with the Go One as I feel it deserves a shout out. Recently, Custom Art released the Go One and FIBAE 3X3. Honestly, I was not expecting much from the Go One as it's just a simple BT IEM with a 6mm Graphene Diaphragm Dynamic Driver but I was so wrong. This IEM may not have the best technicality but it truly epitomizes what is musicality, I could go the entire day listening to it. It has a rather balanced sound with extended sub-bass, forward midrange and smooth treble. The soundstage is above average. If there is 1 word to sum the sound, it is musical. Possibly the best BT IEM I have ever tried.

IMG_20210716_191747_847.jpg
Thanks for the feedback! I highly appreciate it! Happy listening! :) :) :)

Jul 16, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #33,945 of 39,414
Thanks for the feedback! I highly appreciate it! Happy listening! :) :) :)
This is good stuff dude. I don't normally post BT IEMs but I GOt to write about this ONE. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back