flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 7, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #3,123 of 39,414
I should probably build my own ciem too so I can rank it first next time.

I thought you were the major investor of the current top 3!
Rank #1:

Stayed up all night working on it, it was less hard than I thought. It costs $2500.

It
Rank #1:

Stayed up all night working on it, it was less hard than I thought. It costs $2500.

It cost 2500. The list price must be 24999.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #3,126 of 39,414
I for one must say life is slightly less worth living knowing that the warblers can not move up any further in the world. They didn't get a place on the podium.

Beside nick and may be less than a handful of people on here listen to it, it reaches #4 on the list compared to other 13 before it a amazing feast, the 13 TOTL before it is very well known IEM

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #3,127 of 39,414
Very nice but too bad it didn't make the list:ksc75smile:

To be fair (gosh, I say this a lot), the EM10 isn't on the list because it simply came out after the list began, just like the ES80 or the VE8. I'm sure it would rank high based on Nic's review of it from a couple weeks back. Speaking of the VE8, how do the two IEMs compare, @subguy812?

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #3,128 of 39,414
To be fair (gosh, I say this a lot), the EM10 isn't on the list because it simply came out after the list began, just like the ES80 or the VE8.
I think that by now Nic will be having nightmares because of the success of the shootout.

"Nic, wouldn't it be great to have the ES80 included in the shootout? "

"You could do another shootout and include the VE8! "
"How about the EM10? "

"Include the LCD-i4! "​

"Rhapsodio Infinity! "
"Flamenco! "

"FAD Lab II! "
"KSE1500! "
"More! "
"MORE! "

"MORE!!! "
[Nic wakes up panting in a pool of sweat.]

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #3,130 of 39,414
I think that by now Nic will be having nightmares because of the success of the shootout.

"How about the EM10? "

"Include the LCD-i4! "​

"Rhapsodio Infinity! "
"Flamenco! "

"FAD Lab II! "
"KSE1500! "
"More! "
"MORE! "

"MORE!!! "
Layla? :)

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #3,131 of 39,414
I for one must say life is slightly less worth living knowing that the warblers can not move up any further in the world. They didn't get a place on the podium.
Life worth living again.

podium10.jpg

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #3,132 of 39,414

"How about the EM10? "

"Include the LCD-i4! "​

"Rhapsodio Infinity! "
"Flamenco! "

"FAD Lab II! "
"KSE1500! "
"More! "
"MORE! "

"MORE!!! "

Hahahaha this is priceless
Hey don't forget kumitate labs and fitear their lineup is good enough to compete in this shootout i think

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #3,133 of 39,414
Hey don't forget kumitate labs and fitear their lineup is good enough to compete in this shootout i think

Even with his status as one of the definitive "ballers" of the global IEM scene, being based in Europe I think even @flinkenick may struggle getting hold of some of the Japanese gear easily, with their tendency to ask for proof of residency, a blood test and a photo of your grandmother just to look at the box... :wink:

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #3,134 of 39,414
More! :p
Saw some pics of the FitEar Titan and boy is that a thing of beauty! I've been recommended the 334 a few times, but living in the UK FitEar seem a bit like a unicorn brand: unique and very difficult to get hold of. :D

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #3,135 of 39,414
334 is a universal aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back