flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,912 of 39,414
Well based on the last month it will be waiting here for a while unless something changes .. :disappointed::disappointed:

That should change pretty soon I reckon; Nic's review is free publicity :D

For those interested in UM though, a friend of mine recently recommended the (unfortunately) Japan-exclusive UM Maverick. It's a 5-driver hybrid and apparently it's got some of the best bass in an IEM I've ever heard. Now, I'm too far from Japan to confirm, but if anyone's in the vicinity or planning a trip to e-earphone anytime soon, a demo and impressions would be amazing.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2,914 of 39,414
That should change pretty soon I reckon; Nic's review is free publicity :D

For those interested in UM though, a friend of mine recently recommended the (unfortunately) Japan-exclusive UM Maverick. It's a 5-driver hybrid and apparently it's got some of the best bass in an IEM I've ever heard. Now, I'm too far from Japan to confirm, but if anyone's in the vicinity or planning a trip to e-earphone anytime soon, a demo and impressions would be amazing.
I remember when it was launched it seemed pretty interesting. That's the one with both a BA and DD driver for the bass right? UM seems to have a bunch of interesting iems around, pity they keep some exclusive..

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #2,915 of 39,414
I remember when it was launched it seemed pretty interesting. That's the one with both a BA and DD driver for the bass right? UM seems to have a bunch of interesting iems around, pity they keep some exclusive..

The Maverick is a 4-BA + 1-DD hybrid. The 1-BA + 1-DD hybrid you're referring to might be the Macbeth. Yeah, UM tends to make their driver configurations globally available, but regionalize (if that's even a word) their tunings. The Mavis and the Martian, the Maestro and the Legacy and the Mason, the Maverick and the Merlin, and the list goes on and on...

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #2,916 of 39,414
The Maverick is a 4-BA + 1-DD hybrid. The 1-BA + 1-DD hybrid you're referring to might be the Macbeth. Yeah, UM tends to make their driver configurations globally available, but regionalize (if that's even a word) their tunings. The Mavis and the Martian, the Maestro and the Legacy and the Mason, the Maverick and the Merlin, and the list goes on and on...
No I meant this hybrid, it has a BA and DD driver dedicated to the bass :wink: And the other 3 drivers for the rest of the FR.

Here is a review from Berkhan, also a talented reviewer. He mentions the configuration.
http://www.headfonia.com/review-unique-melody-maverick-classy/

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,917 of 39,414
Note to future self: fetch one second hand RE800 as gift if prospective potential mother in law proves to have a fatiguing sound sig...

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #2,919 of 39,414
Jul 30, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,923 of 39,414
Hello everybody, thank you for all the wonderful comments and likes. It provides me with motivation to go on and complete this thing, even though I have become a little bit tired of writing after all these weeks :)

And also for all the people that have contributed so far in whatever way to make this a fun thread to read. Please know it is deeply appreciated, as I can't do it by myself. Bordering on 200 pages now, and some of those actually discussing iems!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #2,924 of 39,414
EarSonics EM10

E1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back