flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 25, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #27,886 of 39,414
the bird is my first foray into oriolus' territory, so i can't say for sure if the traillii possesses sonic traits that are similar to its siblings.

however, @Watermelon Boi has you covered on this...here's the last paragraph of his hf review:

There is no doubt to call this an eye-opening experience in terms of sound. I remember someone commenting on Traillii for it to be sounding like Nerva-X, Percivali, and Mellianus combined all together. As someone who extensively listened to Percivalli and as an owner of Nerva-X and Mellianus, I do agree with that statement. If you are ready to spend some serious money and looking for one of the best earphones money could buy or for the ultimate Oriolus sound, Traillii is the one.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oriolus-traillii-jp.24343/

feel free to reach out if you want to ask me any other questions about the bird...always happy to chat.
👍

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #27,887 of 39,414
That is getting close to a Traillii...

My ears are still set on the FxD S.K tho.

I’m still a photographer first, so I’m gonna enjoy taking photos of the S.K quite a bit lol

Unless I go for a custom designed Traillii like this guy (quite stunning in this colour actually)

ED733430-681B-4269-9EBB-34B3721C8077.jpeg
that is beautiful...very understated.

there was simply no way i was waiting months to get these after demoing...i handed my demos back with one hand and took my new set with the other...zero downtime.

:relaxed:

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #27,888 of 39,414
Oof. I went customized but didn't realize how awesome that shade of blue is, especially with the back shell being dark to stay in line with the carbon-fibre cable sleeve.

I went all-black everything. Like the empty hole in my wallet :unamused:
I was curious to what the Japanese buyers of the Traillii decided to go for in terms of customization. I was hoping to see the royal purple faceplate but I saw this instead and it looked absolutely stunning.

Pure black is still nice man 😂
Gold logos?

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #27,889 of 39,414
that is beautiful...very understated.

there was simply no way i was waiting months to get these after demoing...i handed my demos back with one hand and took my new set with the other...zero downtime.

:relaxed:
I waited months for my Wraiths and it was honestly worth it for me. I waited until the Odin got released to really make up my mind tho. And the Wraith is what I decided to go for.

So yeah, I think for me, I wouldn’t be bothered by the wait too much 😂

Especially if I know I’ll have a somewhat unique Traillii than anyone else. 👀

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #27,890 of 39,414
I mean this hobby is all about personal taste and preferences. I don’t see why anyone would take what I said offensively. :)

why would that start an argument?

i see only two other ways that could have gone:

- to lie and say you like something when you don't (or lie and say you don't like something when you do...but not sure anyone would do that.)
- to actually say something that might start an argument and hate on it unnecessarily
I'm at a legitimate loss for words if either of you took it seriously....

It happens.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #27,892 of 39,414
That is getting close to a Traillii...

My ears are still set on the FxD S.K tho.

I’m still a photographer first, so I’m gonna enjoy taking photos of the S.K quite a bit lol

Unless I go for a custom designed Traillii like this guy (quite stunning in this colour actually)

ED733430-681B-4269-9EBB-34B3721C8077.jpeg

Yeah, that blue is a nice improvement over the stock faceplate, imho 😎. Musicteck’s site lists 1-2 months, I believe, for a different faceplate.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #27,893 of 39,414
youd be surprised how offended some people get when you don’t “like” their favorite iem :wink:
I've seen HF memed to no end on other discussion sites for this very thing.

Judging by some unnamed threads, I've seen, Slaanesh would love it.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #27,894 of 39,414
Yeah, that blue is a nice improvement over the stock faceplate, imho 😎. Musicteck’s site lists 1-2 months, I believe, for a different faceplate.
That wait isn’t too bad lol

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #27,895 of 39,414
I am pretty much the only one who dont like P6 pro and who blindly skipped erlkoning and tralili lol

So count me in the hater territory 🤣🤣🤣

I am not sure whats the huge deal about the tralili but I wont argue and fight as I havent heard it.
But being a full ba and no apex for me is a no go right of the bat.

I went for sp2000 cu and tia Fourte! That is my new ultimate setup 😎😁
Yep noir is sold!

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #27,896 of 39,414
I am pretty much the only one who dont like P6 pro and who blindly skipped erlkoning and tralili lol

I am not sure whats the huge deal about the tralili but I wont argue and fight as I havent heard it.

Yep noir is sold!
The Tiger has unveiled his new bae

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #27,897 of 39,414

Yep noir is sold!
4 electrostats*, rest BAs :)

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #27,898 of 39,414
1614285054667.gif

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #27,899 of 39,414
I'm at a legitimate loss for words if either of you took it seriously....

It happens.
hah...all good.

hard to judge intent online sometimes.

:relieved:

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #27,900 of 39,414
I tried the CP155’s on the Traillii. They do sound good. I still like the Azla SednaEarFit Shorts a bit better for my ears. I notice a bit more power in the bass region with no issues in the mids or treble.
Interesting that both types seem to work better than the original earbuds provided - and it seems BOTH the CP 155 and the Azla Sedna increase the bass region with no issue in the mids or treble... Good choices then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back