flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jun 6, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #22,681 of 39,414
Just found this seems similar, really the dots are just going back and forth
giphy.gif

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #22,682 of 39,414
So what's the situation with ordering abroad atm? Any issues or is everything pretty much fine and just a bit slower than normal?

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #22,683 of 39,414
So what's the situation with ordering abroad atm? Any issues or is everything pretty much fine and just a bit slower than normal?
I’ve gotten a bunch of stuff in the past few weeks without any troubles. Just make sure you ship insured or with a trustworthy carrier as quite a bit of packages are getting lost with regular post

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #22,684 of 39,414
I’ve gotten a bunch of stuff in the past few weeks without any troubles. Just make sure you ship insured or with a trustworthy carrier as quite a bit of packages are getting lost with regular post

This has been my experience. If you invest in a better shipping option it tends to go smoothly, but everything I've ordered via the cheapest shipping method has taken weeks to arrive...with a couple things I'm still waiting on.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #22,686 of 39,414
My DX160 came from Hifigo and shipped immediately but sat 5 days at DHL waiting in line. When it finally moved on a Wednesday evening it was supersonic, took less than 48 hours to arrive at lunch on that Friday. DHL really has the “express” feature wired, my BTR5 took a couple days from Amazon so I’ve had great luck.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #22,687 of 39,414
My DX160 came from Hifigo and shipped immediately but sat 5 days at DHL waiting in line. When it finally moved on a Wednesday evening it was supersonic, took less than 48 hours to arrive at lunch on that Friday. DHL really has the “express” feature wired, my BTR5 took a couple days from Amazon so I’ve had great luck.

Those 5 days sitting is due to the lack of flights nowadays which is totally understandable. Once that is out of the way everything is always super smooth.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #22,688 of 39,414
I've been asking for courier to Canada at least. Don't mind if Canada Post does the last mile or domestic delivery. For US based companies using USPS as the main option, it's already slow as hell in normal circumstances and I usually pay for courier in those cases. Most places are pretty clear about the shipping situation and offer an alternative or at least a notice.

However shops unwilling to inform potential customers, or provide alternate shipping arrangements because they only ship via USPS are getting blacklisted for me. Proud to announce that Corpse Cables joins the list for that reason in addtion to Norne and DHC (Who are there for other reasons), Reasons being:
1. No indication of any issues with shipping outside the US on their site, I only found out an hour of trying out the shipping form and contacting them in frustration to get a response the following day. There is nothing on the site to indicate any issues, either in the form of a banner or even a note on their shipping page.
2. Citing issues with shipping internationally via USPS, but didn't consider or offer alternatives by couriers at the buyers expense.
I'm really cheesed about spending 2 weeks doing comparisons only to find out the company isn't shipping outside of the US via email.

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #22,690 of 39,414
Yeah, DHL seems to be the most reliable option. A little slower perhaps than pre-corona, when I would receive parcels from Singapore within a single day, but still fast and reliable. Plus, I find customs charges a little easier to pay even though those tend to be higher. USPS is the slowest I have dealt with, where I think they just pay some poor guy to row it over from the EU to the US (or vice versa) and do the rest on foot. Never had a lost parcel, only one where I suspect Indian customs to have had a jolly time with the gear before sending it on to the destination. :wink:

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #22,691 of 39,414

An interesting example of our our state of mind can influence what we're perceiving...something especially pertinent in this hobby.

anyone who has had experiences with potent psychedelic substances (LSD , DMT , Magic Mushrooms) would also tell you that most people sleep with open eyes...zombies dressed as humans.

Mind is a very powerful tool , and most people just do not use it. Which is a shame , imo.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #22,692 of 39,414
FQ8mcBN.gif

An interesting example of our our state of mind can influence what we're perceiving...something especially pertinent in this hobby.
Holy dangg it worked 😅🤣

Jun 7, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #22,693 of 39,414
I thought I would let all the wonderful people in this thread know that my Noble Audio Sultan review has been posted.

I tried to include a lot of comparisons. I know a lot of you have tasted the IEMs I compared the Sultan with.

Noble Audio Sultan: The Delectable Dancer

IMG_9308.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #22,694 of 39,414
I thought I would let all the wonderful people in this thread know that my Noble Audio Sultan review has been posted.

I tried to include a lot of comparisons. I know a lot of you have tasted the IEMs I compared the Sultan with.

The Noble Audio Sultan: The Delectable Dancer

IMG_9308.jpg
"The delectable dancer" ... such fancy subheading smells like it would be coming from a THL reviewer. Is it possible you were being recruited by THL and this is your masterpiece you had to deliver? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back