flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 24, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #20,792 of 39,414
Haha, you should play those tracks on loop till you get thw money's worth :D
It’s worth having if I build a specific playlist around it yeah haha

my more pressing concern is getting started on a music collection as I traded one elysium for a WM1Z that I’m getting soon....

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #20,794 of 39,414
What’s the K mod? Yeah I actually only use Tidal currently but since I was getting a pretty great deal on the WM1Z I’m thinking of buying 15 or 20 albums I listen to often and only using it for those

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #20,796 of 39,414
What’s the K mod? Yeah I actually only use Tidal currently but since I was getting a pretty great deal on the WM1Z I’m thinking of buying 15 or 20 albums I listen to often and only using it for those
Similar mod was done on the AMP8 for our DX220, not the same parts, but very similar methods and has completely changed the way it sounds. Well worth the price atleast for the DX220.

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #20,797 of 39,414
My name is Ben and I have a confession to make. I somtimes like to listen to my music at unreasonable (high) levels. I know it is because I am a very crass individual and like to, at times, jam fairly hard.

The issue I am having is that it seems like a lot of TOTL IEMs are meant to be driven at a lower level by a less insane person. The Elysium for instance are my current favorite, but they do not reward you for turning them up very loud, it's not distortion, but it's just wayyy too much. The LX are pretty good, but the amount of bass in those things will twist your socks right off your feet.

Is there anyone out there with similar proclivities who has a TOTL IEM that they feel they can turn up pretty high without melting their innards?

Yes I know listening to headphones loud is bad for my hearing, telling me that is not an answer.
get jh audio Lola and do not look back, let it burn in for 250 hours. jh audio iems are amazing, it put all my non jh audio iems in a forgotten realm. And they are meant to be played loud. I have the Roxanne, Angie and Lola (all are performance series , except Angie I have the AK version ) and all are amazing. Those are the only iems I can say have a real sound stage, and whatever iem you will try after a jh audio iem will make you feel that iem sounds tiny and you will ask what the hell is that, why I spent so much on it and it is sounding so tiny and lifeless

Lola plays all genres amazing-- this is why i rec Lola--- it needs 250 hours burn in to shine-- its the best from jh audio
Roxanne for ROCKKKKKKKK--- no iem out there is better for rock than roxanne
Angie for vocal oriented music--- very nice mids and sound stage very balanced sound

You can get all 3 for the price of one totl iem from other companies, and on the for sale thread u will find great deals. Layla I heard once but did not like it. Headamp sells open boxed ones for amazing prices. I bought the Lola new and roxanne open box, and angie used. All 3 did not cost me more than 3 k usd. But I warn you in advance you will not be able to listen to any other of your iems after you get into jh audio iems

i know this post will not be to the liking for some, but i am sharing my experience for things I pay for form my own money and have no agendas. They are literally the iems that made me believe that you can achieve a semi headphone experience with iems compared to all my other iems which sound now so tiny, closed in and lifeless. I remember how I was impressed with Erlkonig and boy those jh audio iems took it my experience to a new level. And I own and owned alot so i am not a noobie :)

Do note take me wrong, if I do not listen to jhaudio iems for a day and then grab one of my other iems I still adore them ( khan, KSE 1500 and others ) . But I will never listen to them immediately after I listen to jh audio iems
I am bit worried to go to sleep and wake up with tons of attacks on this post :) , take it easy on me :). In the end ts all a preference so what suits my liking might not be at all your liking so take that in consideration as well.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #20,798 of 39,414
“Traded one Elysium...”

OH HAI, RAZ!

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #20,799 of 39,414
Jan 25, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #20,800 of 39,414
soon he will get into jh audio and sell that last Elysium he has :)
Hahaha those proprietary connectors really piss me off :p

I tried the JH lineup at the canjam London and sure they were good, but I really didn’t have the mind blowing experience that you did..

I guess my disinterest in headphones might also be why

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #20,801 of 39,414
Hahaha those proprietary connectors really piss me off :p

I tried the JH lineup at the canjam London and sure they were good, but I really didn’t have the mind blowing experience that you did..

I guess my disinterest in headphones might also be why
forget canjam, not a good place to get an accurate feel for anything, and did u try Lola?

As for cables well many companies make cables for jhaudio, or u can buy an adapter with bass boost and connect any 2 pin or mmcx to that adapter

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #20,802 of 39,414
I tried the Layla, Lola and 16V2

They’re serious contenders no doubt, just didn’t really click with me. Same way I think anyone who can afford but hasn’t purchased an Elysium is a straight out lunatic :p (jk)

@toaster22 I received some news this morning and unfortunately that trade couldn’t happen so my 2 Elysiums are safe and sound :D

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #20,803 of 39,414
I tried the Layla, Lola and 16V2

They’re serious contenders no doubt, just didn’t really click with me. Same way I think anyone who can afford but hasn’t purchased an Elysium is a straight out lunatic :p (jk)

@toaster22 I received some news this morning and unfortunately that trade couldn’t happen so my 2 Elysiums are safe and sound :D
:) click

" And I didn't have any idea what to do but I knew I needed a click
So we put a click on the 24-track which was then synced to the Moog modular
I knew that it could be a sound of the future
But I didn't realize how much impact would be"

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #20,804 of 39,414
:) click

" And I didn't have any idea what to do but I knew I needed a click
So we put a click on the 24-track which was then synced to the Moog modular
I knew that it could be a sound of the future
But I didn't realize how much impact would be"
"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"