FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #7,488 of 7,931
already tuned grey-black-gold which is much better then 8S factory tuning set
wider soundstage, much wider
better instruments placement
clearer highs and stronger bass (on factory filter set)

In what way you find highs to be improved over 8s and by stonger bass you mean mid bass or sub bass? If both are considerably improved then that's an acheivment imho.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #7,489 of 7,931
Is it me or the cables brake pretty often... I have gone through 2 original flc 8 cables, one third party and now the silver cable is starting to fail... Maybe it's the over ear design? ☹️

How/where are they breaking? I've had mine for a while and haven't noticed any wear (though they haven't been my daily drivers for most of the time)

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #7,495 of 7,931
Just wanted to provide a nice shout out to LMUE (Lend Me Ur Ears) in Singapore. They are the key stocking distributor for FLC, and that is where I go when I lose little pieces for my FLC8S. I also bought a bunch of FLC IEMs from them, and some upgraded balanced cables also.

Anyway, my cables started coming loose on my FLC8S pair, and they sent me a replacement set under warranty even before they received my defective parts. They replaced both the cables and the IEMs themselves. Wow, what great service.

So at the moment I have two nice pairs of FLC IEMs, the 8S and 8D. Still on the fence about the 8N; as I am tempted to pick up the ibasso IT04 next just to have a different sound signature in the collection.

By the way, because of the tuning choices I like (fairly neutral) the 8S and 8D sound pretty similar to me.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #7,496 of 7,931
Just wanted to provide a nice shout out to LMUE (Lend Me Ur Ears) in Singapore. They are the key stocking distributor for FLC, and that is where I go when I lose little pieces for my FLC8S. I also bought a bunch of FLC IEMs from them, and some upgraded balanced cables also.

Anyway, my cables started coming loose on my FLC8S pair, and they sent me a replacement set under warranty even before they received my defective parts. They replaced both the cables and the IEMs themselves. Wow, what great service.

So at the moment I have two nice pairs of FLC IEMs, the 8S and 8D. Still on the fence about the 8N; as I am tempted to pick up the ibasso IT04 next just to have a different sound signature in the collection.

By the way, because of the tuning choices I like (fairly neutral) the 8S and 8D sound pretty similar to me.

Do you notice any difference with the balanced cable? Also is there a memory wire section (can't really tell from the pics on LUME's website)?
The stock cable that came with my pair doesn't have a memory wire section, so the wire flops around a lot, very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back