FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #7,471 of 7,931
Remove the filter in the gold only remove the dampener of the BA, no affect the DD at all, so remove the filter will result more highs.

No LF plug will has more bass, about 2 dB more than the Black

Does the difference in hole size (crossover for DD & BAs) between the gold/gunmetal/green nozzles affect the bass coming from the DDs? Thanks so much for the info! :)

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #7,475 of 7,931
red, none, gold has crap tons of bas, not enough for you!? :) Maybe you should work on trying more tips to get a good seal instead. Problem with this setup is that highs are pushed into the background a lot and it can't be fixed with a equalizer. So in the end I had to go back to red, grey, gunmetal.

Also. The output impedance should be around 0-5 (max) on your listening device. FLC8n are very sensetive headphones at 11ohm and you may loose bass with improperly matched impedance

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #7,477 of 7,931
So ok, I bought 8N from known reseller, who showed me earphones before buying (just opened for test purposes).

Here are my thougns after a few hours of lessoning (in compare to 8S):
-- in plus --
better build quality
already tuned grey-black-gold which is much better then 8S factory tuning set
wider soundstage, much wider
better instruments placement
clearer highs and stronger bass (on factory filter set)
manual better readable

-- in minus --
only one color to choose (cyan)
no silver cable set (it will be great to compose own set with Ag cable in shop)
more expensive than 8S
no ear hooks on stock cupper cable
stock tips gives weak outside noise blocking, use SpinFits instead.

Generally 8N is more refined version of 8S. Stock cupper cable looks the same like in older version (pins are different, I know). Box looks the same also, oval metal cointainer is so heavy, like before.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #7,478 of 7,931
I have a question about the cable on FLC8n. Love the headphones, best I ever had. But these very thin intertwined cables look pretty, not finding the word right now but 'non durable' is what I mean..There is no real protection against very curved bending of the cable inside by the looks of it. At least to me. Am I wrong? On other cables it's usually together inside a protective casing. It's then to thick to bend in any cable damaging way.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #7,479 of 7,931
So ok, I bought 8N from known reseller, who showed me earphones before buying (just opened for test purposes).

Here are my thougns after a few hours of lessoning (in compare to 8S):
-- in plus --
better build quality
already tuned grey-black-gold which is much better then 8S factory tuning set
wider soundstage, much wider
better instruments placement
clearer highs and stronger bass (on factory filter set)
manual better readable

-- in minus --
only one color to choose (cyan)
no silver cable set (it will be great to compose own set with Ag cable in shop)
more expensive than 8S
no ear hooks on stock cupper cable
stock tips gives weak outside noise blocking, use SpinFits instead.

Generally 8N is more refined version of 8S. Stock cupper cable looks the same like in older version (pins are different, I know). Box looks the same also, oval metal cointainer is so heavy, like before.

Thanks for the comparison! Do you think they're worth the cost difference?

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #7,480 of 7,931
I have a question about the cable on FLC8n. Love the headphones, best I ever had. But these very thin intertwined cables look pretty, not finding the word right now but 'non durable' is what I mean..There is no real protection against very curved bending of the cable inside by the looks of it. At least to me. Am I wrong? On other cables it's usually together inside a protective casing. It's then to thick to bend in any cable damaging way.

For what it's worth, I've had cables of both types on IEMs and while I prefer thicker cables, I've never had a thin cable break on me. The places I've ever had issues were the cable termination points at the 3.5mm jack and the connection to the earbuds themselves, never the cable itself. The cables themselves are flexible enough to not have any issues imo

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #7,481 of 7,931
I let the 8N shuffle through my music library over a few nights. Maybe 25 hours or so?

The DD might need to be loosened up for a few hours, but changing tips and filters is going to change the sound far more. I'd say just enjoy the music!

Well, I had the FLC8n for over a month. Everything sounds great until about 1 week ago...when the left unit decided to be a basshead. The bass was boomy and it was all over the mids. It kinda freaked me out. Changed the filters / tips but nothing worked. Thinking of sending it back then decided to put it through some white noise and bass heavy music instead. After 5 days, the bass went back to its normal self. Lucky me but that was so weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back