FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #7,189 of 7,931
Interesting! Which do you prefer for sound quality?

Hard to say. With single ended both are on pair with more low end with R6. Balanced the R6 is slightly better than QP1R regarding stage, separation and lows. As QP1R has no balanced output it‘s not a fair comparison but R6 is really great for the money (50% of QP1R)

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #7,190 of 7,931
The QP1R has a really good, chunky low end, in my experience. I wonder if the R6 is tilted down there because of its output impedance? A 10 Ohm z-out would definitely affect the FLC8S, no?
Still, if it sounds good, who cares?!....

I'm on the fence about the whole balanced cable thing. I have balanced 2.5 mm cables on most of my headphones (and I really like the balanced output on X7, X7ii and QP2R) but the SE output from the Hugo 2 still spanks most balanced outputs I have access to. So, is balanced really necessary? I guess it's a cheaper way for OEMs to improve specs like channel separation?

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #7,191 of 7,931
Quick survey: What source do you use with your FLC8S?

I have used a Shanling M2; iphone 6 plus; various ipads; Microsoft Surface 3 LTE; the movie sound jack on the Delta airlines seat; Shanling M1 and M2S; and Cayin N5II.

The latter in both 3.5 regular and 2.5 balanced.

All sounded good. These are efficient and I have never experienced any kind of impedance related issues.

LIke all of us I am always looking for the next toy; but so far nothing has been able to roost these from the top of my personal heap.

My only beef is that the ULF filters regularly dislodge themselves. I now buy spares in bulk from LMUE on a "prophylactic" basis. New experiment; I have put a bit of waxy material around the edges of the ULF filters and that seems to hold them in place a bit better.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #7,192 of 7,931
I bought a pair of 8s a view months ago. As a professional Musician/Producer I have to say that there is really nothing to compare with the 8s in this pricerange. Actually after a few days with the 8s I decided to order a pair of of InEar StageDiver SD 3s for testing it in comparison to the 8s because comparing it to all my stuff made me wondering about the good quality of flc. (StageDiver3 costs twice as much as the 8s and was a solid favourite for me in the pricerange up to round 500euro.
For sure. If you need a cheap IEM which does not get you angry after seconds of listening with it one can choose a Sure Se215 for 100eur. But then up to 500/600euro the 8s owns the business. For me, according to the tuning options it is even worth more. Especially for live-shows. Even if you compare it to 250ohm Beyerdynamic Studio over-ear phones you can figure out advantage (aswell some disadvantage) for mixing.
Sad that flc has not the standing that it would diserve here in europe.

I am just writing this because I also searched the internet for years in order to find good built but not so expensive iem and finally I got to know the flc 8s through this thread.
A few weeks ago I decided to sign up to headfi to join the forum because actually my girlfriend (professional singer) uses the pair of 8s all the time on stage too now. It became our favourite IEM. So I am waiting for the release of 8n too.
What I learned over the weeks following every activity in this thread is that @Flcforrestwei is very dedicated to his company, his product and the service he offers. Even if someone comes up with anything like loosing parts of his iem or having any little issue even due to mistreatment forrest gets in contact with him/her in this thread to offer the help and personally doing the customers service. Who else and which other company does that??
What a commitment!!

reading the posts on the last pages where some honks are dissing flc is strange. Infact actually I think it is important to write about the good experience with flc because otherwise the image of flc could suffer under such stupid people. For sure it would be great to have everything organized in a perfect way with info, release dates, no troubles in the production, no chinese new year :wink: and a perfect flc homepage so that this thread gets less important as THE spring of Information about flc.
BUT you know what. I live in germany now. They had to skip the opening of the largest airport in the capitol city for years now. Opening planned for 2012 and it is still not open. Same with a another big trainstation and he concerthall "Elbphilharmonie". Problems over Issues over unforseen complications....
apple still is not able to offer an international software-store for customers while paying their taxes wherever they wish. Audi released a car which is able to drive autonomiously (for the beginning it was planned for 2018 in traffic jam on german highways) but didn't get the permission from state authorities in germany for this year (assumed) according to their mistakes; so if you buy the car for 90 000 eur you will have to get the shop next year just to enable the software. Yamaha sells a new synthesizer/workstation keyboard knowing that there are bugs and issues with important software-parts. it is out for two years now and got the fifth system update...( For those of you who are into keyboard gear...there was not even one review or product information saying that yamaha releases a workstation with fixed midi channels so that you can not control more than one sound without midi-splitting by a computer)

The point is. I prefer good products from commited developers and for me it is important to stand clear against damaging the image of smal but very-good companies! We need more of them.

Mar 6, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #7,194 of 7,931
The QP1R has a really good, chunky low end, in my experience. I wonder if the R6 is tilted down there because of its output impedance? A 10 Ohm z-out would definitely affect the FLC8S, no?
Still, if it sounds good, who cares?!....

I'm on the fence about the whole balanced cable thing. I have balanced 2.5 mm cables on most of my headphones (and I really like the balanced output on X7, X7ii and QP2R) but the SE output from the Hugo 2 still spanks most balanced outputs I have access to. So, is balanced really necessary? I guess it's a cheaper way for OEMs to improve specs like channel separation?

As I wrote it‘s hard to say which one sounds better. I did have the impression that R6 hits harder in low end. With balanced mode everything is more relaxed giving more in low and highs as well as separation and stage. But don‘t get me wrong, is not day and night. For the money R6 is really fantastic. Regarding 10 ohms oi of R6 I am still not sure as I have the feeling highs are two prominent on the flc.

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #7,195 of 7,931
I bought a pair of 8s a view months ago. As a professional Musician/Producer I have to say that there is really nothing to compare with the 8s in this pricerange. Actually after a few days with the 8s I decided to order a pair of of InEar StageDiver SD 3s for testing it in comparison to the 8s because comparing it to all my stuff made me wondering about the good quality of flc. (StageDiver3 costs twice as much as the 8s and was a solid favourite for me in the pricerange up to round 500euro.
For sure. If you need a cheap IEM which does not get you angry after seconds of listening with it one can choose a Sure Se215 for 100eur. But then up to 500/600euro the 8s owns the business. For me, according to the tuning options it is even worth more. Especially for live-shows. Even if you compare it to 250ohm Beyerdynamic Studio over-ear phones you can figure out advantage (aswell some disadvantage) for mixing.
Sad that flc has not the standing that it would diserve here in europe.

I am just writing this because I also searched the internet for years in order to find good built but not so expensive iem and finally I got to know the flc 8s through this thread.
A few weeks ago I decided to sign up to headfi to join the forum because actually my girlfriend (professional singer) uses the pair of 8s all the time on stage too now. It became our favourite IEM. So I am waiting for the release of 8n too.
What I learned over the weeks following every activity in this thread is that @Flcforrestwei is very dedicated to his company, his product and the service he offers. Even if someone comes up with anything like loosing parts of his iem or having any little issue even due to mistreatment forrest gets in contact with him/her in this thread to offer the help and personally doing the customers service. Who else and which other company does that??
What a commitment!!

reading the posts on the last pages where some honks are dissing flc is strange. Infact actually I think it is important to write about the good experience with flc because otherwise the image of flc could suffer under such stupid people. For sure it would be great to have everything organized in a perfect way with info, release dates, no troubles in the production, no chinese new year :wink: and a perfect flc homepage so that this thread gets less important as THE spring of Information about flc.
BUT you know what. I live in germany now. They had to skip the opening of the largest airport in the capitol city for years now. Opening planned for 2012 and it is still not open. Same with a another big trainstation and he concerthall "Elbphilharmonie". Problems over Issues over unforseen complications....
apple still is not able to offer an international software-store for customers while paying their taxes wherever they wish. Audi released a car which is able to drive autonomiously (for the beginning it was planned for 2018 in traffic jam on german highways) but didn't get the permission from state authorities in germany for this year (assumed) according to their mistakes; so if you buy the car for 90 000 eur you will have to get the shop next year just to enable the software. Yamaha sells a new synthesizer/workstation keyboard knowing that there are bugs and issues with important software-parts. it is out for two years now and got the fifth system update...( For those of you who are into keyboard gear...there was not even one review or product information saying that yamaha releases a workstation with fixed midi channels so that you can not control more than one sound without midi-splitting by a computer)

The point is. I prefer good products from commited developers and for me it is important to stand clear against damaging the image of smal but very-good companies! We need more of them.
Agree 100% well said

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #7,196 of 7,931
Quick survey: What source do you use with your FLC8S?

Cayin i5
20180306_001244.jpg

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #7,198 of 7,931
Exactly. The information needn't necessarily be posted on FLC's own website, as long as it's posted somewhere.
@Flcforrestwei - if you need some help creating/writing a few new threads for each of the new products, pm me the product specs - I'd be happy to help.
Right now, the only way anybody would know about these new IEMs is by trawling back through the pages of this thread and trying to piece together the fragmented snippets of information.

Chinese mystery. Due to lack of these informations I sold my 8S on eBay. If Forrestwei want me to buy another pair (when sometimes in future 8N sees daylight), I'd say - no thanks. Maybe until he makes a profesional website with all photos, not renders. Just switched to used Shure 846.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #7,200 of 7,931
We've had to do some post cleaning in the thread because things were getting a bit too personal and off topic. We ask that you please keep posts within the posting guidelines. Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back