FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 4, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #7,175 of 7,931
FLC sell p r e s e n t a t i o n of the product, not the product per se. No actual photos, no review even on chinese sites. Forrest says something about production issues, yet you can buy 8N on Taobao.
Yesteryear I bought 8S, but this year I pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 4, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #7,176 of 7,931
FLC sell p r e s e n t a t i o n of the product, not the product per se. No actual photos, no review even on chinese sites. Forrest says something about production issues, yet you can buy 8N on Taobao.
Dude, the product is still in production. Some list entries on a shady chinese shopping site are not a reference for actual release dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 4, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #7,178 of 7,931

I agree. I think it's frustrating not only that I can't purchase these supposedly released products, but also, I'm still struggling to find a clear reason why I'd want to. (I'm actually quite happy with my 8S).

Celeste, I understand. Mechanical tuning wheels and a special proprietary cable with an additional tuning switch. (That cable is a deal-breaker for me, but at least I know.) As for the other two (or is it three?) new IEMs, I wouldn't have a clue if I hadn't been slowly putting together snippets of information from this thread. How would the average consumer know?

What most companies do on launch of a new product is to create a dedicated webpage, documenting new features and explaining what the advantages would be and why a customer should want to buy it. Since there's apparently no way of trying before buying, it would be really helpful to have such information (it would be a bonus if we could also get this in English?!). Just saying "it sounds better" isn't very helpful. In what way? And why? And when and how can it be purchased?

This is just a friendly suggestion @Flcforrestwei. Even your most dedicated fans who regularly follow this thread religiously still don't know what's going on. Thanks for listening.

Mar 4, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #7,179 of 7,931
How do we not know what's going on? New products have been launched in China. Those of us who are not in China have extremely limited access to, let alone understanding of, most of the information available there.

The official website is accessible and in English, though - http://www.flctechnology.com/en/. Google does not find it for me; I'm guessing because it's hosted by a Chinese provider. Hard to say who's at fault there or what could be done about it.

It's a small company, so they're struggling to produce the new products in sufficient numbers to release outside of China. Not a concept that is new or hard to understand. Chinese New Year has been a roadblock, which, jeez, if you haven't experienced that before then this is your introduction. The whole place shuts down; not unlike Christmas/New Year holidays for many companies in the Western world. Deal with it.

We know Lendmeurears will be an official seller outside of China. We know they have a tentative expectation that the new models will be available in March. Not, March 1st. Just March. Hopefully - and I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically. If not March, I'll just keep waiting. It's very easy to do.

Product launches by smaller companies are often messy. We know Empire has launched a whole new series and... it ain't on their website yet. 64 Audio seems to be re-doing their whole line-up, and... the universal models are simply not available (outside of the already released TOTL options) until they release over the next couple of months.
If you can't wait, don't. Either buy something else or enjoy what you have. Good audio gear doesn't depreciate like a lot disposable tech we have these days, or worse the tech that the major players want us to believe is disposable (like phones)

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #7,180 of 7,931
I agree. I think it's frustrating not only that I can't purchase these supposedly released products, but also, I'm still struggling to find a clear reason why I'd want to. (I'm actually quite happy with my 8S).

Celeste, I understand. Mechanical tuning wheels and a special proprietary cable with an additional tuning switch. (That cable is a deal-breaker for me, but at least I know.) As for the other two (or is it three?) new IEMs, I wouldn't have a clue if I hadn't been slowly putting together snippets of information from this thread. How would the average consumer know?

What most companies do on launch of a new product is to create a dedicated webpage, documenting new features and explaining what the advantages would be and why a customer should want to buy it. Since there's apparently no way of trying before buying, it would be really helpful to have such information (it would be a bonus if we could also get this in English?!). Just saying "it sounds better" isn't very helpful. In what way? And why? And when and how can it be purchased?

This is just a friendly suggestion @Flcforrestwei. Even your most dedicated fans who regularly follow this thread religiously still don't know what's going on. Thanks for listening.
Thanks for the feedback!
To be honest, very few people still check the website now, so we overlooked the website information.

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #7,181 of 7,931
Forrest,

It seems to me that you have a high quality problem. Your customers would like some product information. Seems like an easy thing to do and might even result in some more sales.

The 8S remains a wonderful piece of gear but there is no reason it can't be joined by some family members.

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #7,182 of 7,931
Forrest,

It seems to me that you have a high quality problem. Your customers would like some product information. Seems like an easy thing to do and might even result in some more sales.

Exactly. The information needn't necessarily be posted on FLC's own website, as long as it's posted somewhere.
@Flcforrestwei - if you need some help creating/writing a few new threads for each of the new products, pm me the product specs - I'd be happy to help.
Right now, the only way anybody would know about these new IEMs is by trawling back through the pages of this thread and trying to piece together the fragmented snippets of information.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #7,185 of 7,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back