FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #7,142 of 7,931
I'm really digging the FLC8S after comparing to se846 and even CF Andromedas. Can't beat FLC8S for value as it seems to be very musical with a good amount of oomph (red/grey/grey).

However....
The stock cable is just horrible.

What is considered to be the best replacement cables for the FLC8S?

Using the Litz stock cable on the Andromeda is a dream, perfect length too.
Bend the Cable before hanging over the ear

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #7,143 of 7,931
Bend the Cable before hanging over the ear

I actually find around the ear to be really good. but I find the cable very tangly, getting snagged on itself all the time.

It also feels very weak, like it could easily snap. Like it's too dry or something....harder plastic than the Litz one which almost has a slight softer feel to it.

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #7,145 of 7,931
I actually find around the ear to be really good. but I find the cable very tangly, getting snagged on itself all the time.

It also feels very weak, like it could easily snap. Like it's too dry or something....harder plastic than the Litz one which almost has a slight softer feel to it.
The Cable is not weak, the are 400d of kevlar inside the conductor, and two layers of insulation outside the conductor, so it' s a little stiff.

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #7,146 of 7,931
When will LendMeUrEars be back in business from holidays? I ordered FLC8S from them 19.2.2018 and have not heard anything ever since.

Does anyone know? I wonder if I should have waited for new models, but there is always something new right besides the corner, so why should I wait? I hope FLC8S one-ups my LZ A4 and Brainwavz B400.

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #7,147 of 7,931
Does anyone know? I wonder if I should have waited for new models, but there is always something new right besides the corner, so why should I wait? I hope FLC8S one-ups my LZ A4 and Brainwavz B400.
I used to own the LZ A4. FLC8S is a huge step-up from that (at least to my ears).

Very, very good question about the new models. I'd love to know myself. @Flcforrestwei - which of the new models are expected to give improved sound quality compared to the FLC8S - and what are the technical improvements that give rise to that?

Also, I'd love to be able to hear these IEMs before buying. But it seems FLC had no presence at the NYC CanJam and no plans to attend the SoCal CanJam either :frowning2:

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #7,148 of 7,931
The LZ A4 were a disappointment. FLC8s got me interested in iems with mass tuning capabilities, so I thought of branching out. Every option on the A4 sounded similar; rolled highs, recessed mids and bass that doesn't hit as hard as the FLC8s. Ergos were a mess. Only redeeming quality was the cable. Miles better than the FLC8's.

Feb 25, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #7,149 of 7,931
The LZ A4 were a disappointment. FLC8s got me interested in iems with mass tuning capabilities, so I thought of branching out. Every option on the A4 sounded similar; rolled highs, recessed mids and bass that doesn't hit as hard as the FLC8s. Ergos were a mess. Only redeeming quality was the cable. Miles better than the FLC8's.

1. FLC8s' cable is made of 7N single crystal copper, I don't know what's in the A4 cable, but I'm sure it's not better that 7N copper.
2. The cable is made by a self-design machine, there are not solder joints in the Y Split, the whole cable is one piece of cable, assuring better signal transmission, if you check A4's cable, there is a very big Y split, there are solder joints inside, they joint there cable together.

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #7,150 of 7,931
1. FLC8s' cable is made of 7N single crystal copper, I don't know what's in the A4 cable, but I'm sure it's not better that 7N copper.
2. The cable is made by a self-design machine, there are not solder joints in the Y Split, the whole cable is one piece of cable, assuring better signal transmission, if you check A4's cable, there is a very big Y split, there are solder joints inside, they joint there cable together.
Sorry, I should have expressed that my definition of a quality cable consists of only excelling at ergonomic and microphonic attributes. I don't subscribe to the idea of superior cable material, or any various other reptilian grease practices.

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #7,151 of 7,931
i've tried stock flc copper, null audio silver, and flc single crystal silver, and i find the single crystal cable (along with spiral dot) to sound the best on grey grey grey.. i use fiio q1 mk2
cable's cunductive material does make a difference when you have decent equipment to go along with it
but thats just me, and i'm deaf sooooi...

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #7,152 of 7,931
I'm really digging the FLC8S after comparing to se846 and even CF Andromedas. Can't beat FLC8S for value as it seems to be very musical with a good amount of oomph (red/grey/grey).

However....
The stock cable is just horrible.

What is considered to be the best replacement cables for the FLC8S?

Using the Litz stock cable on the Andromeda is a dream, perfect length too.

Very interested in this topic. I will be getting the FLC8S in a few days and i'm thinking of getting a cheap replacement cable. Is there some sort of consensus regarding this? I've seen a few really cheap cables with 0.75mm pins around AliExpress but i'm not sure about their quality.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #7,153 of 7,931
Very interested in this topic. I will be getting the FLC8S in a few days and i'm thinking of getting a cheap replacement cable. Is there some sort of consensus regarding this? I've seen a few really cheap cables with 0.75mm pins around AliExpress but i'm not sure about their quality.
I bought a cheap mmcx cable from taobao before ($5 so about as much as the fiio cable)
It works but not the best build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back