FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #6,097 of 7,931
Lookie what I found in the mail 
tongue_smile.gif

It sounds way more impressive than I recall from the tour that happened way back when, and the improvements to the cable are to be applauded. Fit is greatly improved without the memory wire (for me at least).

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #6,099 of 7,931
Feb 22, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #6,100 of 7,931
Sounds way better? I don't think Forrest changed anything, so it's probably that it just kicks all of your puny micro driver IEM to the curb, lol :rofl:

I don't recall reading anything about tuning changes, so I'm thinking it's coming down to fit. The memory wire that was on the tour unit made fit pretty fiddly, plus the microphonics were horrible. I don't know what changes were made to the cable outside of removing the memory wire and adding a proper y-split with cinch, but it's worked wonders. With the pre-installed medium tips (or the large Echobox set in those images) they slot right into place with no issue. Loving em! The only thing that would make these better is a micro-driver handling the low-end 
rolleyes.gif
 (jk jk).

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #6,101 of 7,931

I don't recall reading anything about tuning changes, so I'm thinking it's coming down to fit. The memory wire that was on the tour unit made fit pretty fiddly, plus the microphonics were horrible. I don't know what changes were made to the cable outside of removing the memory wire and adding a proper y-split with cinch, but it's worked wonders. With the pre-installed medium tips (or the large Echobox set in those images) they slot right into place with no issue. Loving em! The only thing that would make these better is a micro-driver handling the low-end 
rolleyes.gif
 (jk jk).

Maybe you had the flc8 instead of flc8s with the black cable?

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #6,104 of 7,931
Nope, he had FLC8S for sure. He was one of the guys Eric and I let borrow our FLC8S when we discovered how awesome they were and wanted to get the word out.

Yuppers! They just weren't gelling with me at the time, I guess, but I knew they were good. Glad I managed to work out an affordable price so I could buy my own set to give them another go. No regrets so far. 

Feb 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #6,105 of 7,931
I don't recall reading anything about tuning changes, so I'm thinking it's coming down to fit. The memory wire that was on the tour unit made fit pretty fiddly, plus the microphonics were horrible. I don't know what changes were made to the cable outside of removing the memory wire and adding a proper y-split with cinch, but it's worked wonders. With the pre-installed medium tips (or the large Echobox set in those images) they slot right into place with no issue. Loving em! The only thing that would make these better is a micro-driver handling the low-end :rolleyes:  (jk jk).

I'm with you regarding fit - we were probably on the same tour. I couldn't enjoy the bass at all, even if they were some of the most agile and detailed. The red bass filter pretty much sound congested :\ so I believe the fit was rather unproductive in getting a good impression :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back