FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #6,076 of 7,931
  Guys, I can't find the original FLC8 stock cable on Ali or LMUE and I really want an inexpensive (< $50), functional cable that will not stretch my FLC8S' sockets or jack up my sound. I'm not even going to consider stuff like Moon Audio because I'd just as soon buy an entire pair of IEMs for the cost of one of their cables. Any suggestions?

You have to personally e-mail LMUE, they sell them for 30 SGD I believe.

Actually the old cables are 45 SGD from LMUE.  The replacement filters are 30 SGD for ULF or LF.sets.

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #6,077 of 7,931

Guys, I can't find the original FLC8 stock cable on Ali or LMUE and I really want an inexpensive (< $50), functional cable that will not stretch my FLC8S' sockets or jack up my sound. I'm not even going to consider stuff like Moon Audio because I'd just as soon buy an entire pair of IEMs for the cost of one of their cables. Any suggestions?

Actually the old cables are 45 SGD from LMUE.  The replacement filters are 30 SGD for ULF or LF.sets.

Ah, meant to say around 30 USD. Thanks for the correction.

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #6,082 of 7,931
Oh, man. I borrowed DN2000 from a headfi buddy one time, and I couldn't for the life of me understand why they got so much attention. I preferred my FLC8S by far. I hope you enjoy them, too!

When you do get them, keep in mind that many of us start out with gray-gray-gunmetal or red-gray-gold tuning configuration. Many of us also use stock tips that are one size smaller than usual in order to achieve a good seal.

And if you're using red-gray-gold, pull up on your ear when inserting the tips into your ear to minimize driver flex.

Have fun!

nmatheis....anything more from Forrest on what is coming down the pipes per your announcement (tossing us a bone) a week or so ago?

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #6,083 of 7,931
Forrest, if you were to release a clear/clear/gunmetal now specific iem, I'll be glad to give you an extra LZ-A4 in exchange. I miss those immersive captivating vocals from the flc8s...

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #6,084 of 7,931
I have VSonic GR07 and Sony EXK,   and was looking for something as an upgrade or something different.
Tried DUNU DN-2000J,   disappointed and returned.    DN-2000J's sound is not coherent, not immersive, compared GR07 and EXK.  

I pretty much gave up hope on any multi driver IMU.   Until I heard Westone W40, wow this thing is great, detailed, warm and still very coherent.  It revived my hope on multi driver.

Just ordered FLC8S, keep my fingers crossed,   can it heal the trauma caused by DN2000....

dn2000 =/= dn2000j, the original dn2k is meatier and provides a stronger presence in subbass and tilts down from there...

flc8s has sweeter female vocals and have the best lower highs...

hard to choose between them, but I prefer the flc8s for vocals for sure (vs. the J)!

(j being a strong contender for instrumentals though...)

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #6,086 of 7,931
The chance to release the combination would be slim, not many people are using the combination.

true. I hear it differently because of my fit. your tuning of mids and highs are on point! the bass quantity I lacked because of fit but it was really well defined nonetheless.

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #6,088 of 7,931
not to pressure him nmatheis, but you're addressing head-fi;
where the fingers are heavy;
our mouse loose;
our wallets sorry;
and our willpower is most likely down some slippery slope!

we implore Flcforrestwei to steer us to audio enlightenment once more...

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #6,089 of 7,931
I don't want to spill the beans on what Forrest is planning for the rest of 2017, but I think you guys will be happy. Hopefully @Flcforrestwei will provide some details soon...

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back