FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #5,026 of 7,931
to FLcforrestwei.

seems the area of wls iems and cans is spiking in popularity, and is
only going expected to grow..aptX, aptX hd, etc

...does FLC have any plans for such releases?

Interesting question. Perhaps something like the Trinity Bluetooth Lanyard but with FLC8S connectors?

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #5,028 of 7,931
Flcforrestwei
Do you have a rough estimate for the Celeste to be released ? Of course I am not talking about a specific date just within the next 1-2-3 months?

You know we have to plan a little bit and the Celeste is a must buy :). I think most of us here will buy it without any review or impressions.

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #5,029 of 7,931
  Wow! Over 5000 posts in this thread now, and it only takes one year.

Thank your great support!  Dear friends!

I remember when this thread just started and I was surprised the hype hadn't caught on yet.  It's neat to see how interest exploded since then.  It must be scary as an entrepreneur to be waiting to see how a product will be received when the reception here is so important to it's success.  I figured the customizing ability would be a hit.  You nailed the OCD tendencies of head-fi posters!  :wink:

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #5,030 of 7,931

to FLcforrestwei.

seems the area of wls iems and cans is spiking in popularity, and is
only going expected to grow..aptX, aptX hd, etc

...does FLC have any plans for such releases?

No plan now, but it's a good indea, Thank for the suggestion!

We'll try to see how good is the sound.

If you could get the sound of the Mass Fidelity Relay Bluetooth DAC and a good dedicated amp into a small receiver, it would be awesome. I know it is quite unlikely to achieve that at a reasonable cost and in a battery-driven, small portable device, but who knows, maybe it would be possible to come at least somewhat close. What's for sure though is that even today's portable Bluetooth devices have got a much much better audio quality than let's say 5 or 10 years ago when portable Bluetooth headphones and receivers only put out bad sound quality.

If you really consider going the Bluetooth route some day, I'd suggest a small receiver with a universal 3.5 mm socket and probably a short FLC cable as included accessory.

If it then sounded almost or just as good as a wired device, had a really low output impedance, no hiss and a halfway-decent battery life, you would have a winner.

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #5,031 of 7,931

I remember when this thread just started and I was surprised the hype hadn't caught on yet.  It's neat to see how interest exploded since then.  It must be scary as an entrepreneur to be waiting to see how a product will be received when the reception here is so important to it's success.  I figured the customizing ability would be a hit.  You nailed the OCD tendencies of head-fi posters!  :wink:

I think the interest here on Head-fi is only a small subset of what FLC must be getting from the Chinese market!

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #5,034 of 7,931
  when will celeste be out?

When they're ready(tm)
rolleyes.gif

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #5,035 of 7,931
  I am planning to buy this, can anyone let me know how good is this IEM to pair with AK100ii? Also, I plan to use it while walking, will that affect its sound quality and durability? Thanks!

personally ak100ii dont pair well with flc8s based on my experience. i used to have both ak100ii and flc8s but sold/traded them away

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #5,036 of 7,931
personally ak100ii dont pair well with flc8s based on my experience. i used to have both ak100ii and flc8s but sold/traded them away

And DAP in particular that worked well for you? I'm currently using my S7 Edge with dragonfly red as my portable rig with the RE-400's. Was looking to pair ipod nano with a smaller amp like the Fiio A1 potentially as my workout gear and pick up a FLC 8s of my own to use too as I STILL haven't gathered up enough pocket change for it. Still paying off my kawasaki ninja haha

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #5,037 of 7,931
And DAP in particular that worked well for you? I'm currently using my S7 Edge with dragonfly red as my portable rig with the RE-400's. Was looking to pair ipod nano with a smaller amp like the Fiio A1 potentially as my workout gear and pick up a FLC 8s of my own to use too as I STILL haven't gathered up enough pocket change for it. Still paying off my kawasaki ninja haha
it works especially well with ibasso dx80 but dx80 battery life is mediocre

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #5,038 of 7,931
yakiddenme: I recently traded one of my headfi buddies DF Red for Cayin N5 for a week. At the end of the week, we traded back. He ended up selling off his DFR and buying a N5. This wasn't for FLC8S, mind you. However, I do quite like the FLC8S + N5 pairing. I also quite like then with the Shanling M5.

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #5,040 of 7,931
Looks like FLC will be at the RMAF Canjam. Really looking forward to trying their IEMs.

Yes, I'm excited to meet Forrest and take a listen to Celeste. I'll be in a t-shirt with Spock hitting the decks (turntables). Probably be there Saturday or Sunday. Not sure if I'll go both days, though. Let me know when you'll be there EagleWings, and we can geek out at the FLC booth :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back