1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread

First

Back
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346
Next

Last
  1. nmatheis Contributor

Interesting question. Perhaps something like the Trinity Bluetooth Lanyard but with FLC8S connectors?

2. Flcforrestwei
    No plan now, but it's a good indea, Thank for the suggestion!

We'll try to see how good is the sound.

3. stenog
    Flcforrestwei
    Do you have a rough estimate for the Celeste to be released ? Of course I am not talking about a specific date just within the next 1-2-3 months?

You know we have to plan a little bit and the Celeste is a must buy :). I think most of us here will buy it without any review or impressions.

4. roy_jones

I remember when this thread just started and I was surprised the hype hadn't caught on yet.  It's neat to see how interest exploded since then.  It must be scary as an entrepreneur to be waiting to see how a product will be received when the reception here is so important to it's success.  I figured the customizing ability would be a hit.  You nailed the OCD tendencies of head-fi posters!  :wink:

5. HiFiChris Contributor

If you could get the sound of the Mass Fidelity Relay Bluetooth DAC and a good dedicated amp into a small receiver, it would be awesome. I know it is quite unlikely to achieve that at a reasonable cost and in a battery-driven, small portable device, but who knows, maybe it would be possible to come at least somewhat close. What's for sure though is that even today's portable Bluetooth devices have got a much much better audio quality than let's say 5 or 10 years ago when portable Bluetooth headphones and receivers only put out bad sound quality.

If you really consider going the Bluetooth route some day, I'd suggest a small receiver with a universal 3.5 mm socket and probably a short FLC cable as included accessory.

If it then sounded almost or just as good as a wired device, had a really low output impedance, no hiss and a halfway-decent battery life, you would have a winner.

6. xuan87

I think the interest here on Head-fi is only a small subset of what FLC must be getting from the Chinese market!

7. Ying1026
    I am planning to buy this, can anyone let me know how good is this IEM to pair with AK100ii? Also, I plan to use it while walking, will that affect its sound quality and durability? Thanks!

8. amature101
    when will celeste be out?

9. Signal2Noise

When they're ready(tm) [​IMG] 

10. audio123

personally ak100ii dont pair well with flc8s based on my experience. i used to have both ak100ii and flc8s but sold/traded them away

11. yakiddenme
    And DAP in particular that worked well for you? I'm currently using my S7 Edge with dragonfly red as my portable rig with the RE-400's. Was looking to pair ipod nano with a smaller amp like the Fiio A1 potentially as my workout gear and pick up a FLC 8s of my own to use too as I STILL haven't gathered up enough pocket change for it. Still paying off my kawasaki ninja haha

12. audio123
    it works especially well with ibasso dx80 but dx80 battery life is mediocre

yakiddenme likes this.
  13. nmatheis Contributor
    yakiddenme: I recently traded one of my headfi buddies DF Red for Cayin N5 for a week. At the end of the week, we traded back. He ended up selling off his DFR and buying a N5. This wasn't for FLC8S, mind you. However, I do quite like the FLC8S + N5 pairing. I also quite like then with the Shanling M5.

14. EagleWings
    Looks like FLC will be at the RMAF Canjam. Really looking forward to trying their IEMs.

15. nmatheis Contributor

Yes, I'm excited to meet Forrest and take a listen to Celeste. I'll be in a t-shirt with Spock hitting the decks (turntables). Probably be there Saturday or Sunday. Not sure if I'll go both days, though. Let me know when you'll be there EagleWings, and we can geek out at the FLC booth :D

First

Back
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346
Next

Last