FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 2, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #3,392 of 7,931
  Some gorgeous pictures up above.  Almost makes me want to get another pair so I have a red to along with my blue.

Imagine one red and one blue!
L3000.gif

May 2, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,395 of 7,931
Ok then, will throw in a pic of me in a mankini!

You are getting way too Wokei for me now
eek.gif

I like the Passion Purple ones Chris
tongue_smile.gif

May 2, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #3,399 of 7,931

I have never heard the Paw 5k, sorry. @Podster however seems to be using the FLC8s with the Lotoo, according to the picture he posted. 
wink.gif

Whoooops. 3.5-hour exams burnt my brain out 
frown.gif

@Podster, how do you find the pairing? 

May 2, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #3,400 of 7,931

If y'er as cray-cray as some head-fiers and count "no filters" as an option, you'll even get up to 80 possible tuning/filter combinations. 
blink.gif

Crazy-Smileys-82508.gif

crazy.gif

Crazy was meant in a good, audiophile and headphone-loving way. And I guess all of us are a little cray cray when it's about audio and headphones. 
allright.gif

I'm really wondering if anyone has seriously ever tried out all 80 theoretically possible filter combinations (when "no filter" is counted as option). Except for the blue MF/HF filters that I find too dark in the treble for my taste, I have tried all regular filter combinations (which makes about 29, including the two two combinations with the blue filters I tried).

Originally Posted by dlayman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually the default nozzle is now the gold rather than the gunmetal, that's what will be on the 8S when you receive it.  It has a little more mid to upper mid emphasis that really makes the 8S special.  Gunmetal isn't bad, just not quite as detailed in the mids, IMO.

oops, my bad.. is noticeable i'm a total newbie?
redface.gif

so gray, clear/gray, gold/gunmetal will be my first choices to try, followed by the 80 possible, cos cray cray here
crazy.gif
, no remedy. couldn't imagine that "no filters" were possible.. thanks!

May 2, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3,401 of 7,931

Whoooops. 3.5-hour exams burnt my brain out 
frown.gif

@Podster, how do you find the pairing? 

Not bad, they toured through my place together so I did spend a little time with them together and the 5K is no where near the DAP the Gold is I think it holds it own in the price range. The 5K really had a sweet on board EQ which really made it play well with a lot of my iem's
wink_face.gif
My favorite thing about the 5K was how neat it was with all those rubber buttons compared to most DAP's in it's price range. As far a a pairing the 5K's EQ and the filter options almost make the set seem infinite in it's possibilities!

May 2, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #3,404 of 7,931
I have a question: Have there been any reports of the FLC8s breaking down on people? Presuming I take care of it and properly amp it, is this something I should worry about? I know it comes with a one year warranty which is great, but I have the option of extending that to 3 years coverage through SquareTrade. Problem is it costs $53.99 which is kind of nuts. I don't think it's worth it but what do you think? Thanks.

May 2, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #3,405 of 7,931
I have a question: Have there been any reports of the FLC8s breaking down on people? Presuming I take care of it and properly amp it, is this something I should worry about? I know it comes with a one year warranty which is great, but I have the option of extending that to 3 years coverage through SquareTrade. Problem is it costs $53.99 which is kind of nuts. I don't think it's worth it but what do you think? Thanks.

The only instance I've heard of was somebody used a third party cable with pins that weren't quite the right size and one broke off in the shell. Can't blame that on the FLC though. In fact, Forrest got it fixed up anyway. I think these are quite durable and reliable. A replaceable cable eliminates cable concerns. I wouldn't spring for the Square Trade. I used them once and had a miserable experience when I had a claim, I have a low opinion of them and will never use them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back