FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 3, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #3,421 of 7,931
Glad you checked in about your new FLC8S @Signal2Noise. Let us know how your adventure goes as you try the different filters, tips, and cables. I haven't really tip rolled with these, as I find the stock tips sound quite good.

Forrest did say that a good deal of work went into designing the tips for optimum sound quality.  I think they do sound good, but for me the Crystal foam is so much more comfortable with the relatively large nozzle and my narrow ear canals.

May 3, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #3,422 of 7,931
Bought the FLC8s from shenzhenaudio.. Now waiting for delivery. I am a big big fan of Ostry KC06, which recently died on me. Hope they can replace them. I liked KC06 much more than DUNU 1000 and RHA 750 due to liquid mids.

well flc8s is an upgrade on the kc06

May 3, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #3,423 of 7,931
SZaudio deal and I was sold. I think all of us are always looking for an end-game, which is probably impossible, but hoping this is close. I liked the A83 for it's excellent mids, except wanted a little smoother treble and a bit more bass. Hopefully FLC8S is the one to bring it.

I've been going through several different iem's ranging up to A83 pricing, using mostly XB90 and A73 at the moment, and was deciding between FLC8S or saving up for 19-64audio's which is quite a bit of coin. Now for the wait...

May 3, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,426 of 7,931

i would say im02 instead of im03

Interesting. I tried the IM02 for a couple weeks recently. I liked it quite a bit, but not enough to keep it around. I was suspecting I'd like the IM03 better... We'll see, I guess. 
tongue_smile.gif

May 3, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #3,427 of 7,931
Interesting. I tried the IM02 for a couple weeks recently. I liked it quite a bit, but not enough to keep it around. I was suspecting I'd like the IM03 better... We'll see, I guess. :tongue_smile:
yes up to your ears

May 3, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #3,428 of 7,931
Can anyone compare the FLC8S to the ATH-IM03? Love my FLC, but I'm considering picking up the IM03 for funsies.

Had my my FLC8s arrive today! - Been listening to the IM03 for the last 2-3 weeks or so.

[With Comply tips] the IM03's have been blowing me away with their soundstage and warm natural sound. When I say natural I mean combined with a 'concert live feel' that has been making these one of the best IEM's I have heard [with certain characteristics] With tips other than comply Ive been a bit mehh but the complys make them sound truly magical

Thus far, technically the IM03 have impressed me far more than the FLC8's [Not to say that they are better but...]
edit: Having heard a bit more of the FLC8S and found my go to filter selection Im happy to say they are 2 quite different IEM's and are a superb 'brother and sister' . . .  related but quite different :)

In answer to your question though, for me, the AT IM03 are far too good for a funnies headphone ! [they are a serious and bizarrely, it seems quite unknown IEM]

But Ive only heard the FLC8's for 30 minutes or so. I guess some burn in and filter experimentation is in order :)

edit: Its no doubt these are a stunning IEM:

What interests me though is not so much how the filters changes the sound in and off themselves BUT how each filter effects the sound characteristics of the other filters - For example if the table is a tad bright would  LF filter smooth that out to some degree OR does each filter work in its own 'narrow' (spry off!) band so, in effect, its a bit like having 3 separate EQ's rather than a single many banded EQ . . . if that makes sense ?  o_0  :D

May 3, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,429 of 7,931

Had my my FLC8s arrive today - Been listening to the IM03 for the last 2-3 weeks or so.
[With Comply tips] the IM03's have been blowing me away with their soundstage and warm natural sound. When I say natural I mean combined with a 'concert live feel' that has been making these one of the best IEM's I have heard [with certain characteristics] With tips other than comply Ive been a bit mehh but the complys make them sound truly magical

Thus far, technically the IM03 have impressed me far more than the FLC8's (Not to say that they are better but...]

But Ive only heard the FLC8's for 30 minutes or so. I guess some burn in and filter experimentation is in order :)

Cool. Thanks for your thoughts!

May 3, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,430 of 7,931
May 3, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #3,431 of 7,931
May 3, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #3,434 of 7,931
  Apparently, my left earpiece connector is like 50% much loose than my right earpiece connector... How do i actually make it fit snugly.. Stuff something in between the connector?

i would suggest leave it as it is bc the iem may have been tampered.

May 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #3,435 of 7,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back