FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3,451 of 7,931
My go to combo is Red-Grey-Gold but Red-Grey-Green and Red-Grey-Gunmetal have been experienced. With Gold, the mids are one of the best I've heard in an IEM. Gunmetal is close but slightly more recessed and flatter overall when compared to Gold. The Green is only good for instrumentals and orchestral performances to me as it can be more siblant for vocals.
Source is RWAK120/Mojo

You should try to lower the ULF and LF by one and use gold. They change from lacking treble to something like gun blue in a very interesting way. 

May 4, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #3,453 of 7,931
  the most easier way is: use pliers to press the pins to be a oval-shaped, or, you can send it back to repair.

I afraid of losing my beloved the second time :frowning2: I will see what can I do.. If it is unbearable I will shot you a pm. Thanks Forrest! 
redface.gif

May 4, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #3,455 of 7,931
Soon, you'll be where most of us are. Red-Grey-Gold haha

Most of us, I'm still and Red/Gray/Green guy still as with my Shanling M2 I don't have any problems with male or female vocals. I was glad to see Willow post about his Mojo because I'm not sure if I need to spend Mojo money when my M2 sounds killer with the red/gray/green at least for my old ears
wink_face.gif
Could be that the M2 has a very analog sounding SS that makes it work with this filter combo, not saying I don't like the red/gr/gold because I do prefer this filter set with my iDevices with or without ext amps like my Toppy NX1/2 or C421
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #3,458 of 7,931
Podster: originalsnuffy had Mojo and Shanling M2 in for testing and felt the sound was similar-ish enough that he just ordered the M2 and moved on.

willowbrook: I was switching around filters this past weekend and felt gray-gray-gun did indeed boost my sibilance range vs. red-gray-gold. I'll try red-clear-gold soon, too.
:beerchug:

May 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #3,459 of 7,931
@Podster: @originalsnuffy had Mojo and Shanling M2 in for testing and felt the sound was similar-ish enough that he just ordered the M2 and moved on.

@willowbrook: I was switching around filters this past weekend and felt gray-gray-gun did indeed boost my sibilance range vs. red-gray-gold. I'll try red-clear-gold soon, too.
beerchug.gif

THX Nik, honestly if I only had one non amped portable rig to choose from the M2/FLC8s system would be all I would ever need
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #3,460 of 7,931
@Podster: @originalsnuffy had Mojo and Shanling M2 in for testing and felt the sound was similar-ish enough that he just ordered the M2 and moved on.

@willowbrook: I was switching around filters this past weekend and felt gray-gray-gun did indeed boost my sibilance range vs. red-gray-gold. I'll try red-clear-gold soon, too.
beerchug.gif

It's like the mojo was made for the red, xxx, gold configuration...

May 4, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #3,461 of 7,931
May 4, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #3,462 of 7,931
Rocking grey-grey-gold with silver cable and using Fiio X7 + AM2 as the source. The mids are absolutely gorgeous with this combo. Portable audio doesn't get any better than this! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Will be getting a Dunu DN-2002 when they are released. Hope they will be a great complement to the FLCs!

May 4, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,463 of 7,931
  Rocking grey-grey-gold with silver cable and using Fiio X7 + AM2 as the source. The mids are absolutely gorgeous with this combo. Portable audio doesn't get any better than this! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Will be getting a Dunu DN-2002 when they are released. Hope they will be a great complement to the FLCs!

actually any iems can be complement to the flc8s. just change flc8s filters
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back