FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 2, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3,379 of 7,931
Glad to have you on TEAM FLC @hakuzen!

Have fun discovering all the possibilities FLC8S presents and let us know what you settle on.
beerchug.gif

thank you so much! glad to come aboard together with this great crew.
i'm neutralo seeker. jazz, funk, and electronic, mostly, but eclectic overall. will start with default (gray, clear/gray, gunmetal) combo, even for electronic. it will probably be my fav, regards of your reviews and comments

May 2, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #3,380 of 7,931
i'm neutralo seeker. jazz, funk, and electronic, mostly, but eclectic overall. will start with default (gray, gray, gunmetal) combo, even for electronic. it will probably be my fav, regards of your reviews and comments
well with 36 different combinations, you can find your desired sound!

May 2, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #3,381 of 7,931

i'm neutralo seeker. jazz, funk, and electronic, mostly, but eclectic overall. will start with default (gray, gray, gunmetal) combo, even for electronic. it will probably be my fav, regards of your reviews and comments

well with 36 different combinations, you can find your desired sound!

If y'er as cray-cray as some head-fiers and count "no filters" as an option, you'll even get up to 80 possible tuning/filter combinations. 
blink.gif

Crazy-Smileys-82508.gif

crazy.gif

May 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #3,382 of 7,931
If y'er as cray cray as some head-fiers and count "no filters" as an option, you'll even get up to 80 possible tuning/filter combinations. :blink:  
Crazy-Smileys-82508.gif

crazy.gif

flc8s is flawless(excluding the cable, one of the worst I have ever seen)

May 2, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #3,383 of 7,931

If y'er as cray cray as some head-fiers and count "no filters" as an option, you'll even get up to 80 possible tuning/filter combinations. 
blink.gif

Crazy-Smileys-82508.gif

crazy.gif

Who you callin' Cray Cray
blink.gif

May 2, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #3,384 of 7,931
Crazy was meant in a good, audiophile and headphone-loving way. And I guess all of us are a little cray cray when it's about audio and headphones. 
allright.gif

I'm really wondering if anyone has seriously ever tried out all 80 theoretically possible filter combinations (when "no filter" is counted as option). Except for the blue MF/HF filters that I find too dark in the treble for my taste, I have tried all regular filter combinations (which makes about 29, including the two two combinations with the blue filters I tried).

May 2, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #3,386 of 7,931
  Crazy was meant in a good, audiophile and headphone-loving way. And I guess all of us are a little cray cray when it's about audio and headphones. 
allright.gif

I'm really wondering if anyone has seriously ever tried out all 80 theoretically possible filter combinations (when "no filter" is counted as option). Except for the blue MF/HF filters that I find too dark in the treble for my taste, I have tried all regular filter combinations (which makes about 29, including the two two combinations with the blue filters I tried).

Oh I knew that, my initial reply was going to be..................(I'll let you decide)

1. Guilty as charged

2. Cray Cray and loving it

3. Cray Cray is as Cray Cray does

4. If the Cray Cray fits

5. One Cray Cray over the Coo Coo's Nest

6. To Cray Cray or not to Cray Cray

7. Takes a Cray Cray to know a Cray Cray

or my favorite............

8. All my buddies are just a Cray Cray away
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #3,388 of 7,931
May 2, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #3,389 of 7,931

i'm neutralo seeker. jazz, funk, and electronic, mostly, but eclectic overall. will start with default (gray, clear/gray, gunmetal) combo, even for electronic. it will probably be my fav, regards of your reviews and comments

Actually the default nozzle is now the gold rather than the gunmetal, that's what will be on the 8S when you receive it.  It has a little more mid to upper mid emphasis that really makes the 8S special.  Gunmetal isn't bad, just not quite as detailed in the mids, IMO.

May 2, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #3,390 of 7,931
flc8s is flawless(excluding the cable, one of the worst I have ever seen)

While I will agree the cable isn't flawless, I really don't mind it, other than having to unwind and untangle it everytime I take the 8S out of its can.  I seem to have the memory wire adjusted just right, so I get a secure comfortable fit and I don't find the microphonics as troublesome as some people do, I don't use them for active uses though.  The original FLC8 (non-S) is a nice option, soft and supple, no microphonics and no memory wire.  (I must be one of the few in the world who prefer memory wire, I think some people don't take enough time experimenting and adjusting to get the right fit, using it as it comes in the package it won't fit anybody well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back