FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 1, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #3,346 of 7,931
Much better~ ^^ should sound pretty balanced. I find red gray gunmetal is somewhat vshaped especially for subbass and a tad bit for treble. Mids seem a little distant.

willowbrook: Yes, Primacy's lesser 8-10k presence made me think blue filter at first, but after going back and forth I had to bump up to the gunmetal filter. It's still not a perfect match but pretty darn close.

I don't find red-gray-gold v-shaped. Red-black-green fits that description more closely to my ears.

May 2, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #3,347 of 7,931
  M8uch better except the bass.

That's great...the bass is probably better as well because the 900's bass is muddy, though fun.

Shenzenaudio has them discounted till 3rd may. 310$ shipped.

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/forrest-flc8s-iems-hifi-triple-driver-hybrid-2ba-dynamic-in-ear-earphones.html

...And red version is ordered. Happy to join the club. Can't wait!
basshead.gif

May 2, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #3,349 of 7,931
That's great...the bass is probably better as well because the 900's bass is muddy, though fun.

...And red version is ordered. Happy to join the club. Can't wait! :basshead:
try red grey gold first and you will not change!!!

May 2, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #3,351 of 7,931
Yes, I switched through a couple different configs trying to replicate Oriveti Primacy and am happy to return to red-gray-gold. It's definitely my favorite.
:beerchug:
yes indeed. Flc8s is competing with the likes of Kumitate and Tralucent for the top spot for hybrid iems

May 2, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #3,352 of 7,931
yes indeed. Flc8s is competing with the likes of Kumitate and Tralucent for the top spot for hybrid iems

Can't wait to try Kumitate soon-ish. I was hoping they'd be here for the Portland meet, but no such luck. Will have a shot at Tralucent from a HF buddy soon, too. It'll be nice to compare with FLC8S.

May 2, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #3,353 of 7,931
Can't wait to try Kumitate soon-ish. I was hoping they'd be here for the Portland meet, but no such luck. Will have a shot at Tralucent from a HF buddy soon, too. It'll be nice to compare with FLC8S.
definitely but the mids of flc8s is intriguingly nice

May 2, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #3,355 of 7,931
try red grey gold first and you will not change!!!

Sure thing! What kind of signature does this present? I need something that will open my phone up, y'know? It needs air, more stage. If that don't work I'll have some fun trying different combos up.
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #3,356 of 7,931
Sure thing! What kind of signature does this present? I need something that will open my phone up, y'know? It needs air, more stage. If that don't work I'll have some fun trying different combos up. :D
the mids are magical with this combination

May 2, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #3,358 of 7,931
May 2, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #3,359 of 7,931
Since FLC8s is beginning to get the recognition it deserves, if anyone is doubting the FLC8s for just hype, FLC8s is responsible for leading me to a direction of portable. I sold my whole desktop setup (full burson H10, HE-560, SMSL M8), so I can listen to this in peace without all those gears rotting away. For me, having a full sized cans over my head and leaking sound to others wasn't worth it for the it for the improvement...How comfortable is it to have something in your ears with excellent detail and clarity. Of course full sized cans are something on a different scale, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy to FLC8s after becoming used to full sized cans. You don't like it? switch filters to find your sweet spot. This thing gave me chills when I listened to it with full burson H10, and I hope chord mojo will provide me similar experience. There is a slight difference between properly amped and direct off generic source, but that slight difference is the magic :) 

May 2, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #3,360 of 7,931
You can't hate FLC8S. 36 sound combinations and high resolution. Competing with TOTL iems like SE846,UERM,CE6P. FLC8S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back