FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 30, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #3,331 of 7,931
Yeah I so agree with this statement - the flc8s is a mid centric hybrid in disguise... Refined in other areas ofcourse!

Definitely agree with that statement. I keep coming back to the FLC when ever I use other IEM.. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #3,332 of 7,931
Definitely agree with that statement. I keep coming back to the FLC when ever I use other IEM.. :rolleyes:
have tried many flagships ciems but there is something abt the mids of flc8s that I am digging

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #3,334 of 7,931
I still yearn for more mids but I still can't find one that I can replace my FLC :frowning2:
yes today I tried the new Campfire flagship, Andromeda and the mids is not close to the FLC8S at all. Really have to say Flcforrestwei did an excellent job.

Apr 30, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #3,335 of 7,931
Hi. I'm comparing the FLC8s to the DN-2000J and from reading various posts it seems most who've heard both greatly prefer the FLC8s. So seeing as I'm in the market for a new IEM for my phone, I might as well get the best at this price point right? Problem is it's over the price I wanted to spend on an IEM I'll only use when I'm on the go, and that's not counting the cable upgrade after. So I'm realizing maybe these could also be used as a replacement for my ULTRASONE PRO 900 that I use with my RoCoo P portable player, which has a built-in amp and is compact with a great sound. If so I could sell the 900 to help my funds.

Do you think it could replace the 900? From reading praise, I'm thinking...yes? The 900 is bass-centric headphone that doesn't really do anything else special other than kick hard. I enjoy it a lot but hearing about the FLC8s's mid focus, liquid vocals, and 3d soundstage is making my anxy to try it as that's more my kind of sound. Plus, the red version would match my red phone!
evil_smiley.gif

I bought my 900 back in 2012 when it was all the rage so it's older technology. Has time made it so an IEM with a similar price can be the same quality as a full-size headphone? Thanks for any help.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #3,336 of 7,931
  Hi. I'm comparing the FLC8s to the DN-2000J and from reading various posts it seems most who've heard both greatly prefer the FLC8s. So seeing as I'm in the market for a new IEM for my phone, I might as well get the best at this price point right? Problem is it's over the price I wanted to spend on an IEM I'll only use when I'm on the go, and that's not counting the cable upgrade after. So I'm realizing maybe these could also be used as a replacement for my ULTRASONE PRO 900 that I use with my RoCoo P portable player, which has a built-in amp and is compact with a great sound. If so I could sell the 900 to help my funds.

Do you think it could replace the 900? From reading praise, I'm thinking...yes? The 900 is bass-centric headphone that doesn't really do anything else special other than kick hard. I enjoy it a lot but hearing about the FLC8s's mid focus, liquid vocals, and 3d soundstage is making my anxy to try it as that's more my kind of sound. Plus, the red version would match my red phone!
evil_smiley.gif

I bought my 900 back in 2012 when it was all the rage so it's older technology. Has time made it so an IEM with a similar price can be the same quality as a full-size headphone? Thanks for any help.

M8uch better except the bass.

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #3,337 of 7,931
For the mids department, FLC8S is at the top of their game

May 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3,338 of 7,931
I am still undecided between the FLC8S and the Dunu 2kj or 2k2.

According to one review the nozzle size is 5.5mm, does anyone have calipers they can use to measure the size of medium tips when fitted to the nozzle?

When measuring I need to know if the tips will measure less than 7.5mm when gently squeezed between the calipers.

note my right ear canal is only 7.5mm x 13mm so anything that can't be squeezed down to 7.5mm will pop out or put too much pressure on my second bend.

I usually use medium tips so that they seal against the 13mm length of my oval canals.

For example, the ue900 tips only squeeze down to 7.9mm making it awkward to keep a good seal.

May 1, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #3,340 of 7,931
Aw meng, FLC8S crisis today. I was swapping filters to see which config most closely equates to Oriveti Primacy when one of the ULF gaskets worked its way inside the shell. Luckily it was just inside, and I was able to eventually tease it out and set back in place. What a PITA!!!

Oh yeah, if you want to know what Oriveti Primacy basically sounds like, use gray-gray-blue gray-gray-gunmetal and EQ down the 8-10k region a few dB. I would rather have red-gray-gold sound sig. If so, I'd buy a pair to get the nice, smaller (and more ergonomic) metal shells, MMCX connectors, and more supple cable.

If you're listening Flcforrestwei, I'm waiting (rather impatiently, admittedly) for your next creation with less fiddly tuning components.

And if you'd like to make a fixed-tuning IEM with red-gray-gold sound signature, small black metal shells, and such. Well, I'd bet you've got several customers locked in right here on this thread :wink:

BTW Flcforrestwei, I'll be showcasing FLC8S + Lotoo DAPs at the Portland, OR Head-Fi meet next Saturday.
:beerchug:

May 1, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #3,341 of 7,931
Aw meng, FLC8S crisis today. I was swapping filters to see which config most closely equates to Oriveti Primacy when one of the ULF gaskets worked its way inside the shell. Luckily it was just inside, and I was able to eventually tease it out and set back in place. What a PITA!!!

beerchug.gif

I Lost my red filter on the bus last 2 month.. Jesus, lucky there is spare filter provided..
frown.gif

"If you're listening @Flcforrestwei, I'm waiting (rather impatiently, admittedly) for your next creation with less fiddly tuning components."
YES YES!
ksc75smile.gif

May 1, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #3,342 of 7,931

Oh yeah, if you want to know what Oriveti Primacy basically sounds like, use gray-gray-blue. Not my fave config. I much rather would've seen red-gray-gold sound sig. If so, I'd buy a pair to get the nice, smaller (and more ergonomic) metal shells, MMCX connectors, and more supple cable.

If you're listening Flcforrestwei, I'm waiting (rather impatiently, admittedly) for your next creation with less fiddly tuning components.

And if you'd like to make a fixed-tuning IEM with red-gray-gold sound signature, small black metal shells, and such. Well, I'd bet you've got several customers locked in right here on this thread :wink:

BTW Flcforrestwei, I'll be showcasing FLC8S + Lotoo DAPs at the Portland, OR Head-Fi meet next Saturday.
:beerchug:

Gray gray blue...hmm doesn't sound too good.

May 1, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #3,344 of 7,931
  I Lost my red filter on the bus last 2 month.. Jesus, lucky there is spare filter provided..
frown.gif

"If you're listening @Flcforrestwei, I'm waiting (rather impatiently, admittedly) for your next creation with less fiddly tuning components."
YES YES!
ksc75smile.gif

Same here, faithfully they will be here in a couple days from LMUE. Basshead phase.

May 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #3,345 of 7,931
Scratch that. I just went through the filters again, and it's more like gray-gray-gunmetal but with less 8-10k presence. I'm going to go correct my original post now.

Much better~ ^^ should sound pretty balanced. I find red gray gunmetal is somewhat vshaped especially for subbass and a tad bit for treble. Mids seem a little distant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back