FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #1,861 of 7,931
Got to listen to the dn2000j today, and next thing I know, I'm in the Canadian flc8s tour train...

My ears are bound to melt half way through this year... And that's a good thing! Everyone's impressions just makes my ears drool (though I'm not sure if that's a good thing...)

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1,862 of 7,931
Got to listen to the dn2000j today, and next thing I know, I'm in the Canadian flc8s tour train...

My ears are bound to melt half way through this year... And that's a good thing! Everyone's impressions just makes my ears drool (though I'm not sure if that's a good thing...)

BAM!!!

Your ears just exploded :L3000:

You're welcome :wink_face:

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #1,864 of 7,931

Quote:
BAM!!!

Your ears just exploded
L3000.gif

You're welcome
wink_face.gif

WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!??! LOL

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,865 of 7,931

2 of the best IEM's around IMO. I have them both too although one is for sale. Firstworldproblems

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #1,869 of 7,931
  2 of the best IEM's around IMO. I have them both too although one is for sale. Firstworldproblems

yeah, the dn2000j is not bad actually . I didn't bite because I already have the dn2000 which has the "meatier" low end. 
That said, the 2000j hybrid is pretty much the king of refined highs in my book, with a competently fast and adequate midbass to boot! Wish I had more time with them. I was pretty much impressed with the titans 3 and 5 with their magnificient mids, but I regress since this is the FLCs thread.

I'm definitely curious in auditioning these ones with utmost attention, wanting to compare them to my dn2ks thoroughly since Joker spoke so well of them. The tuning capability is probably worth the admission alone (I don't EQ no more), and would to see how much they stack up in resolution, speed, and timbre.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,871 of 7,931
Hmm... Just got the DN2KJ in today for testing...
evil_smiley.gif

that's awesome. they aren't as grating as others portrayed them I do find the sibilant tsssssssss makes some vocal tracks sound hilarious lol... but the open and effortless clarity is definitely the premium reward that one gets after giving these a try.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,872 of 7,931
I find no difference in resolution/refinement, I just think DN2KJ is tuned differently with hot treble, not for everyone. But they are in the same category. I just prefer FLC8S tuning, more impactful bass, maybe soundstage width and the endless sound customizations. Also think that FLC8S sounds a bit more realistic and coherent.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #1,873 of 7,931
I find no difference in resolution/refinement, I just think DN2KJ is tuned differently with hot treble, not for everyone. But they are in the same category. I just prefer FLC8S tuning, more impactful bass, maybe soundstage width and the endless sound customizations. Also think that FLC8S sounds a bit more realistic and coherent.

Good to know - thanks Paulus. More reason for me to look forward in trying these out. I think the diversity of reviewers coming to enjoy this highly tunable hybrid got me intrigued!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back