FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #1,891 of 7,931
@Waqar tried to resist for a few weeks but he was not strong enough. He bought the Pinnacle P1. I strongly believe he can't resist FLC8S too.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #1,893 of 7,931
  how bad is the Isolation on these ? I'm so close to pulling the trigger. But i'd mostly be using them out and about and on public transit.

Sorry to disappoint.There is nothing bad on FLC8S. It too good! Cheers
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #1,895 of 7,931
  argh ! i couldn't resist. I just ordered the last pair on amazon. Time to sell my other headphones.....cosmic ears 6ECPs , bose qc15s and triple fi 10s..

sell your tf10 and qc15. With ce6p and flc8s
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,896 of 7,931
  how bad is the Isolation on these ? I'm so close to pulling the trigger. But i'd mostly be using them out and about and on public transit.

I think the sound isolation is actually pretty good on them especially if you get them firmly seated in your ears (which you have to do to take full advantage of the bass).  I was sitting at work listening to The Dark Knight Rises OST, not all that loud mind you, and a fire alarm went off, and I didn't hear it (I only noticed it because of the blinding blinking light that is 15 ft away from me)!!!!!!  So once I saw the flashing light, I then purposely listened for alarm and could hear it, but it was still pretty quiet.  

Z
Grey-Black-Gold

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,897 of 7,931

I think the sound isolation is actually pretty good on them especially if you get them firmly seated in your ears (which you have to do to take full advantage of the bass).  I was sitting at work listening to The Dark Knight Rises OST, not all that loud mind you, and a fire alarm went off, and I didn't hear it (I only noticed it because of the blinding blinking light that is 15 ft away from me)!!!!!!  So once I saw the flashing light, I then purposely listened for alarm and could hear it, but it was still pretty quiet.  

Z
Grey-Black-Gold

RED-GREY-GOLD!

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #1,898 of 7,931
@Waqar
 tried to resist for a few weeks but he was not strong enough. He bought the Pinnacle P1. I strongly believe he can't resist FLC8S too.:tongue_smile:

I am tempted, like really tempted. It is soo flexible and ljokerl gave it a high score on SQ. Ill try too sell some stuff first hmm. But the problem is then there are gonna Come some better stuff that looks more tempting and then I also need that one. Well its a plot for a never ending story. This forum is my wallets cryptonite:)

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #1,900 of 7,931

You are never done too many poison in this audiophile world

I don't know.  With my full-size stereo (not headphones), I got to the point where I had  the sound and set up I wanted and was satisfied with. CAL Audio, Bryston, REL, and Dynaudio, with Kimber Select and I was and am satisfied.  Haven't upgraded anything in over 10 years.  I'm sure there's  bigger  and better out there, but I'm satisfied to stay with what I have.  I think I'm reaching the same point with my headphone and IEM gear.

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #1,901 of 7,931
TEAM FLC just keeps growing!!!

NEWS FLASH: I've gotten word that the CIEM version will be available outside of China soon. I'll be getting a demo pair and (hopefully) a balanced silver cable to test out in the next week or two. Exciting times to be an FLC fan!
beerchug.gif

LOL, you probably just put a hold on some FLC8S purchases, might bring the price down
beyersmile.png

I think one of the big draws with the FLC8S is the tremendous value it offers even at full price.  You start getting into customs and balanced silver cables and the price is going to jump significantly.  Will the improvements justify the increase in cost?  I'm not too interested in customs and can't really take advantage of balanced cables, and not sold on the value aspect of silver cables, so I think I'm pretty happy to stay where I am.  Starting to sound like a jump into Summit-Fi.  I'm sure they will sound terrific though

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #1,903 of 7,931
We shall soon find out @dlayman. I see them targeting a different market segment, not as competition for FLC8S.

Yes I would agree with that.  I always thought Phonak's attempt to make that jump was hindered by how good their entry level Audeo PFE was.  The 232 was better but not at such an extreme jump in price.  The FLC8 is so good it will be hard to make a drastic improvement on it as well.   Of course with the Phonak the price went up by 400% over their initial offering.  The jump in price here hopefully won't be that extreme, and you would be getting a model more differentiated than the 232 was from the original PFE.  I don't doubt at all the FLC can come up with a fantastic product, and of course there are those that only consider customs or are willing to pay a premium for it.

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #1,904 of 7,931
The same with me, but perhaps a little less, I have my yamaha rx463, with hardrives, my laptop, my Cambridge sound works satellites, gigaworks,7.1, but only use 5.1 and dedicate the other two satellites for section b on the av, and when we'll tuned I'm happy at a good listening level. Now one thing I've noticed I have my cowon plenue d, but my xduoox3 makes the flc8s bass just go crazy, xduoox3 really did a good job,

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #1,905 of 7,931
The same with me, but perhaps a little less, I have my yamaha rx463, with hardrives, my laptop, my Cambridge sound works satellites, gigaworks,7.1, but only use 5.1 and dedicate the other two satellites for section b on the av, and when we'll tuned I'm happy at a good listening level. Now one thing I've noticed I have my cowon plenue d, but my xduoox3 makes the flc8s bass just go crazy, xduoox3 really did a good job,

Is there any EQ for the xduoo x3 already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back