FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #32 of 7,931
I do hear a slight difference between FLC 8 and 8S. The 8S sounded a little brighter resulting in thinner vocal range and slightly lesser bass impact. But all could be due to the new cable..

Brighter? Ah... thanks for the comparisons. I can rest easy with the old FLC8.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #33 of 7,931
3-person mini-meet in Portland tonight. Brought FLC 8S in stock configuration along with a lot of other IEM - some of which were twice the price.

So, one of the guys was a pretty experienced IEM guy. The other was a headphone guy - owns no IEM. IEM guy was a treble head. HP guy was a bass + mid head. Both agreed that hands-down the FLC 8S were the best!

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #34 of 7,931
3-person mini-meet in Portland tonight. Brought FLC 8S in stock configuration along with a lot of other IEM - some of which were twice the price.

So, one of the guys was a pretty experienced IEM guy. The other was a headphone guy - owns no IEM. IEM guy was a treble head. HP guy was a bass + mid head. Both agreed that hands-down the FLC 8S were the best!

hmmmmm... Need to find out how my unit is going. Can't wait to try it!

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #35 of 7,931

Mind sharing some of the IEMs tested? For reference and... to save time. 
biggrin.gif

Beauty of the FLC8 is they can adapt to any sound preference, even though stock is already very very good.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #37 of 7,931
Can those of use that have the original FLC8 purchase this new cable separately as an upgrade?

I love these IEM's but now I'm craving even moar... everything.  Makes me want some SE846 real bad because of their bass profile.

I just can't be satisfied.  I have the sickness...

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #38 of 7,931
Can those of use that have the original FLC8 purchase this new cable separately as an upgrade?

I love these IEM's but now I'm craving even moar... everything.  Makes me want some SE846 real bad because of their bass profile.

Good question. TEOSJ?

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #39 of 7,931

I enquired from lendmeurears before and was told that you'll be able to purchase the new upgrade cable separately. For me the new cable doesn't seem to have the same satisfying bass pound as the old cable..

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #41 of 7,931
^^^ Brainwavz S3 & S5, Dunu Titan 3 & 5, FLC 8S, Heir 3Ai-S & 4Ai-S, RHA T20, UE TF10. Might be a few others I'm forgetting.

Both guys got a big grin when they slipped FLC 8S in a pushed play
biggrin.gif

Titan 3 and 5 are out already?

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #43 of 7,931

^^^ Brainwavz S3 & S5, Dunu Titan 3 & 5, FLC 8S, Heir 3Ai-S & 4Ai-S, RHA T20, UE TF10. Might be a few others I'm forgetting.

Both guys got a big grin when they slipped FLC 8S in a pushed play
biggrin.gif

Titan 3 and 5 are out already?

I received pre-release pairs for review and will be setting up a US & Canada Impressions & Review Tour once my review drops, which should be very soon!

@xaddictionx: Did you let Forrest know?

Nope haha.

He's a really nice guy and would probably appreciate the feedback!

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #44 of 7,931

I received pre-release pairs for review and will be setting up a US & Canada Impressions & Review Tour once my review drops, which should be very soon!

Looking forward to that. If they set up an Asian tour I'd sign up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back