FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #7,771 of 7,931
For this case, there are three solutions:
1, Send back to us to repair, we'll not charge for the repair, but will charge the shipping.
2, remove the filter inside of the other side(be careful not to damaged the speaker dyaphrame), use the clear plugs, then they will work as the gray plugs.
3, Don't nee to remove the filter inside of the other side, use gray plug for this side, and use clear plug of the other, for this way, in theory, there should be some imbalance between left and right, but the imbalance should small enough to be noticed.
Thank you for the reply Forrest! What address should use to send them back for repair? Also, do we just send the iem's and case back?

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #7,773 of 7,931
I'm guessing this address from their website
FLC Technology Co.Ltd.

Address:4F, No. 8, Shangyejie South Road Jianshazhou Village, Wanjiang District Dongguan City, Guangdong Prov., China

Post code:523039

TEL:+86-769-33602200

E-mail:Forrestwei@163.com

www.flctechnology.com
Thank you so much! That's a huge help.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #7,774 of 7,931
I have the same question about the FLC 8d - I purchased a pair with the 2.5mm balanced cable and I bought a 0.78mm 3.5mm unbalanced cable off amazon but it won't fit! The cable connectors are too large. Could someone tell me one that would fit? Or even an adaptor?

Also Forrest would it be possible to send in my FLC 8S? The left driver is a lot quieter than the right driver. I purchased it on Amazon though rather than from Lendmeurears. Thank you!

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #7,775 of 7,931
I am wondering what cables people use with the 8N / 8D for 4.4 mm balanced? My latest toy has a 4.4mm balanced (HiBy R5) connection. I am using a Cayin 4.4 to 2.5mm adaptor for use with my FLC 2.5mm balanced cable. It may be easier over time to just change out the cable.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #7,778 of 7,931
I am not sure if other IEMs would be upgrades or just different flavors. Sort of like Ice Cream; you might want two flavors in the cup.

There is a good blog from Crinnacle that has some good ideas. I saw some interesting dialog about a IEM with something like 5 drivers; on of which was electrostatic. Could be interesting. Old single single driver IEMs are hot again...I bought a super cheapo BLON for like $35 or so (plus cables) that has a very nice sound. There is also a Massdrop JVC unit that seemed interesting. Lately I am more sensitive to the idea of IEMs that are close to the Harman curve.

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #7,779 of 7,931
I also bought the Blon recently from all the hype but it hasn't really got much attention from me. It sounds well worth more than its price but the bass just feels suffocating to me for some reason.
I've been following Crinacle pretty closely too ever since I've been looking at an upgrade. Bought and return the sony ex800st based on his ranking. Really love it but I couldn't justify an Iem that I can't take outside the house due to no isolation. I've been eyeing the JVC unit and might pick it up if they go on Drop again.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #7,780 of 7,931
Are there anything worth upgrading to from the 8s under $500?

It's right at $500 retail, but I just got a used iBasso IT04 for less than I originally paid for the FLC 8S (in 2014), and to me it's a clear upgrade. Well, the FLC might have a more pleasant midrange, but the clarity, detail, and soundstage of the iBasso is excellent.

It may be a matter of taste, but I also think the Flares Pro 2 HD are superior. Amazing detail and soundstage depth. Again, at $529 MSRP, it's a bit higher than your stated budget, but IMO it would be worth keeping an eye out for a used set.

The FLC is still one of my favorite sets of all time, though. :ksc75smile:

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #7,781 of 7,931
I have been watching the iBasso IT-04 for a while. I was surprised that I could not find any sales for Black Friday. One of my guilty pleasures is the $100 IT-01. I use those when I want a low bass blast.

But there are plenty of $300 IEMs that look interesting per Crinnacle etc.; unfortunately I have not had a chance to hear them.

One of the things I like to do is look for IEMs with similar sound signature to the FLC line and then see if they might be an "upgrade".

Too bad Brooko no longer hangs here; he would have had a ton of suggestions.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #7,782 of 7,931
It's right at $500 retail, but I just got a used iBasso IT04 for less than I originally paid for the FLC 8S (in 2014), and to me it's a clear upgrade. Well, the FLC might have a more pleasant midrange, but the clarity, detail, and soundstage of the iBasso is excellent.

It may be a matter of taste, but I also think the Flares Pro 2 HD are superior. Amazing detail and soundstage depth. Again, at $529 MSRP, it's a bit higher than your stated budget, but IMO it would be worth keeping an eye out for a used set.

The FLC is still one of my favorite sets of all time, though. :ksc75smile:
I looked into them and they're both seems like great option to be upgrading to. I don't mind stretching my budget a bit as long as they're worth it. Not in a big hurry to upgrade anymore since I heard the Ex800st and realized that I'm not missing out much on detailing with the FLC 8S. Will probably try to look for something that has more fun tuning but with the same technicalities or better. Have either you or @originalsnuffy heard the S8f from Fearless? It seems to be a really good option for under $500 too. Really wish I have places around to audition all these IEMs

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #7,783 of 7,931
I looked into them and they're both seems like great option to be upgrading to. I don't mind stretching my budget a bit as long as they're worth it. Not in a big hurry to upgrade anymore since I heard the Ex800st and realized that I'm not missing out much on detailing with the FLC 8S. Will probably try to look for something that has more fun tuning but with the same technicalities or better. Have either you or @originalsnuffy heard the S8f from Fearless? It seems to be a really good option for under $500 too. Really wish I have places around to audition all these IEMs

Haven't heard it, but I've been interested. I agree it seems like a good option to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back