FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #7,757 of 7,931
Hi guys, any idea where I can get replacement filters for my FLC8s? tried to contact FLC Technologies and Lend Me Your Ears but haven't gotten a reply from either of them yet...

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #7,758 of 7,931
can i know if flc8 is a vented iem or closed?

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #7,761 of 7,931
It's not vented in the sense of it being "open backed," but it has venting like every other IEM with a dynamic driver. The filter system interacts with the vents to affect the sound signature acoustically.
Ahh thanks for the info. Finding something that has venting for open sound to complement my M9!

Nov 16, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #7,762 of 7,931
So this happend when i change the LF filter(grey to black) for my set(had it since 2016 June) and notice the difference between ears. Had a check and this is what it is.
20191116_172800.jpg
20191116_172652.jpg

It appears that one has a hole and the other is covered. Any solution for me? Warranty is long gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #7,763 of 7,931
So this happend when i change the LF filter(grey to black) for my set(had it since 2016 June) and notice the difference between ears. Had a check and this is what it is.

It appears that one has a hole and the other is covered. Any solution for me? Warranty is long gone

I have similar experience with the FLC8n, also while changing the LF filter I noticed something in the hole. While slightly shaking with the IE I could remove it and it was some small piece of fleece or like that. Was asking Flcforrestwei here on the board about it but unfortunately received none answer from him.

10342111.jpg

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #7,764 of 7,931
The exact same thing happened to my FLC8n too :frowning2: There's a small adhesive/stick-on filter directly under the LF filter plug and it seems it has a tendency to come away. I could just about see mine, but couldn't reach it to repair it myself and sent my pair back to Lendmeurears. They're not super-quick in terms of response times, but they did replace it without any hassle (took about a month). If you're out of warranty, that sucks, because this is going to create a channel imbalance. This is what my FLC8n sounded like when that filter came off the left bud:

flc8n.png

My suggestion would be 1) to ask @Flcforrestwei nicely, or, if that fails, 2) take out that filter from the other bud and try to stuff some acoustic damping foam in the holes of both earbuds before re-inserting the LF filters. If that fails too (or you don't like the resulting sound), the FLC8d is awesome (probably the most under-rated IEM on headfi, IMHO) and doesn't have ULF or LF filters, so you won't have this issue. FLC8d is very nicely tuned as is down there in the bass and sub-bass.

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #7,765 of 7,931
Yep, same exact thing happened to my pair of Flc8n last night. It sucks because I love the sound of these, but am out of warranty as well and have no idea how to go about getting my pair fixed.

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #7,766 of 7,931
I thought about just getting the flc8d, but unfortunately I must be one of the odd ones because I prefer mine using the gray, or clear low filters, lol. The red is too much bass for me, and even the gray/black is a little to much sometimes, so it's repair of bust for me I'm afraid.

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #7,767 of 7,931
For this case, there are three solutions:
1, Send back to us to repair, we'll not charge for the repair, but will charge the shipping.
2, remove the filter inside of the other side(be careful not to damaged the speaker dyaphrame), use the clear plugs, then they will work as the gray plugs.
3, Don't nee to remove the filter inside of the other side, use gray plug for this side, and use clear plug of the other, for this way, in theory, there should be some imbalance between left and right, but the imbalance should small enough to be noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back