FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #7,801 of 7,931
Interesting writeup. The resistance affecting the sound makes sense, given how sensitive these iems are. I asked Null Audio support and they said Lune cable was 0.4Ω, which I guess explains the difference in sound I hear between it and the stock cable. Are extremely low resistance (i.e. <0.2Ω) cables harder to come by or more expensive? Why don't cable manufacturers advertise cable resistance? Seems like an important spec to know.
i agree. very few manufacturers provide cable resistance; some manufacturers give conductor thickness (so you can get an approximated idea of resistance), but sometimes this info is not true.
that's why i started to build that database of cables, including various measurements (check my signature).
i ordered the list by resistance per meter of one signal. but first sections of comments, pics, and links, are ordered by my preference, because i noticed sound differences when comparing cables despite of their resistance.
you can surf on these sections to find some links and to get approximated idea of their price. you'll see there are cables below 150mΩ which cost less than $15. but after my experience, i'd go for more expensive and more quality cables while staying below 200mΩ, and keeping price proportion with the cost of the iems/headphones you are going to pair with.
to know my recommendations from the list, just surf on comments, pics, and links sections in order, till you find some cables into your budget.

Mar 24, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #7,802 of 7,931
I really like my FLC8s for evryday use.
But I lost two (one gray, one red) of the plugs.

penon audio have FLC 8S TUNING PLUGS in stock.
But it's a bit too much. I don't need the whole packaging. Only a few spare plugs.
You know where I could find these ?

thanks !
c*

PS: maybe also a place where I could buy a replacement cable

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #7,803 of 7,931
It has been a while, but I used to order individual tuning plugs from LMUE. You have to email them and let them know exactly what you want. I even used to send photos of what was needed. It was something like $2.50 for a set of two. So two red ULF would be $2.50 for example. I lost a bunch of those with my first pair; but when that pair was replaced under warranty the second pair must have had better manufacturing tolerances. The plugs stayed in much better.

Apr 15, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #7,807 of 7,931
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched on the thread, but the results were 20 pages of posts containing the word 'cable'. Has anyone here used the rubber cable that is sold on lendmeurears.com? I have the blue cable from the FLC8s and it's very stiff and springy (retains the shape) and I would like to use the iems with something more soft, supple and with less memory if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think that I found the anwser to my own question here

The stock cable of the original FLC8 is non-braided with no memory wire. Just your typical rubber IEM cable, very supple and ergonomic. Only way to purchase would be to contact Lendmeurears directly. I got mine for about $35.

Anyway, if anyone else has an opinion about this, I would like to hear it.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #7,808 of 7,931
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched on the thread, but the results were 20 pages of posts containing the word 'cable'. Has anyone here used the rubber cable that is sold on lendmeurears.com? I have the blue cable from the FLC8s and it's very stiff and springy (retains the shape) and I would like to use the iems with something more soft, supple and with less memory if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think that I found the anwser to my own question here

Anyway, if anyone else has an opinion about this, I would like to hear it.

I agree the original stock cable is more supple than the springy blue one that comes with the FLC8S.

This one is a good option, too, and ergonomically better than the original stock cable (IMHO) if you don't mind memory wire.

Apr 19, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #7,809 of 7,931
After owning a pair of flc8 customs for about a year, i can honestly say they are such a joy to own. If you ever thought about going for customs or just want to give up on finding the perfect eartips, i highly recommend flc8 customs to be your first pair. They did a really good job with mine!! They only cost me about $800 SGD to make if i recall as there was a sale.

The bass on these are amazing! And straight out of my laptop they sound so good since the low impedance means they are very sensitive. The sub-bass is THUNDEROUS and you can almost feel it rumble in your chest at times. Mid-bass may be a little light but I'm not complaining since iIve adjusted them that way. Mids are clear and the highs can be adjusted to your preference but they are alright imo, nothing outstanding. I'm not going to comment much more about the sound since i dont think im very qualified but if you have always been curious about customs these are a great pair to start your journey!! I honestly don't think i can go back to universals anymore. Playing them out of your phone is alright but these do benefit from power!

Only cons i would point out is the isolation isn't as good as other customs.This is mainly due to the filtering system and the dynamic drivers needing to breath. So i would say they isolate as well as any other IEM. And the stock crystal cable it came with was terrible. Insulation was 'shedding' while the wires at the connectors frayed to a point where the music would cut off. BUT LMUE kindly offered a replacement cable, the black one with normal rubber insulation. Its extremely supple and has given me no issues! Lastly, there is some hiss when it comes to really powerful sources so beware, but once the music starts, its just so good.

May 1, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #7,811 of 7,931
Will there be any update to the FLC8N soon? I dig the sound but dislike the colour.
isn't it the D or something? I'm still confused about all the letters...

May 5, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #7,812 of 7,931
Hi all! I've absolutely LOVED listening to my FLC8s (red/grey/gunmetal) for the past two years. But now I'm thinking of upgrading to something newer. Has anyone found a sub-$400 IEM that sounds significantly better than the now, kind of old FLC8s? I feel like something must have come out in the last couple years that'd be a real upgrade, but digging through the forums is getting really confusing.

I totally trust FLC with my ears...like I said I've adored the 8s. But it looks like the 8n/d aren't a huge upgrade (also already kind of old) and I haven't seen anything about the FLC9 in the last year. From my research so far it's looking like my options are the LZ A6, the Toneking T88k, Moondrop Blessing 2 (although it looks like it might be way less comfortable than the FLC8s) the FiiO FH7, or maybe the IMR R2 Aten or some other newer IMR product. I don't really need filter switching (never play with the ones on my 8s)...it just seems like a lot of the best IEM in this price point that people have compared to the 8s seem to have that feature.

To be honest, I don't know much about sound signatures per se...only that I love the FLC8s on the red/grey/gunmetal tunning. Any advice would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks!

May 6, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #7,813 of 7,931
Hi all! I've absolutely LOVED listening to my FLC8s (red/grey/gunmetal) for the past two years. But now I'm thinking of upgrading to something newer. Has anyone found a sub-$400 IEM that sounds significantly better than the now, kind of old FLC8s? I feel like something must have come out in the last couple years that'd be a real upgrade, but digging through the forums is getting really confusing.

I totally trust FLC with my ears...like I said I've adored the 8s. But it looks like the 8n/d aren't a huge upgrade (also already kind of old) and I haven't seen anything about the FLC9 in the last year. From my research so far it's looking like my options are the LZ A6, the Toneking T88k, Moondrop Blessing 2 (although it looks like it might be way less comfortable than the FLC8s) the FiiO FH7, or maybe the IMR R2 Aten or some other newer IMR product. I don't really need filter switching (never play with the ones on my 8s)...it just seems like a lot of the best IEM in this price point that people have compared to the 8s seem to have that feature.

To be honest, I don't know much about sound signatures per se...only that I love the FLC8s on the red/grey/gunmetal tunning. Any advice would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks!

For me personally, I'd say my Flares Pro 2 HD & iBasso IT04 are "better." You could probably find them used for around that much (or less for the Flares).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back