FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #6,436 of 7,931
Thanks for info. I will wait for it. Quite regret that this brand has no dealer in my country.

Is there any recommended store to test out FLC8S?, I mean in Singapore or Hong Kong. I might find some time to go test once I traveled there.

Singapore? Look no further than Lend Me Ur Ears.

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #6,437 of 7,931
I've had my FLC8S going on over a year now. Love them. Strangely enough I've never bothered swapping out the default filters. That is about to change. Thanks to recommendations here and in the DX200 thread I'm going to try different combinations now. I also want to try the FLC8S with a balanced cable with the DX200 as well. Instead of "hot-swapping" cables and filters (especially since the TF10 pin connectors on the Null Audio cables are tight) I decided on a compromise. I ordered another set of FLC8S but this time in RED! I was debating with going with another set of Shure (SE535 or SE846) or Westone (W40) but these FLC8S with the right tips and cable are too good. Besides, I always dreamed of having a left blue and red right ear monitor.

Call me crazy! :wink:

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #6,439 of 7,931
Have anyone tried Grey/black for sub only, no bass filter and nozzle? using spiral dot medium here and i like the airy sound more :)

I'm hearing distortions with filters on.....

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #6,441 of 7,931
Anyone have tried the flc8s with aune m1s? How does it sound? What's the best filter combination for it? Planning to get one in two months.

I am currently listening to that combination. My favored FLC8S filter trio is black/red/gunmetal. I had to tone down the treble from the gold filter, and like the bass. The M1s drives the FLC's quite well, no problem in volume. And even though the Aune has a more neutral sound (to me), the FLC warms the sound up quite nicely. Good solid bass reach, mids are present, but more laid back than other IEM/headphones I own (which is odd, because typically the FLC is quite forward in their mids, to me). Not bad mind you, just different. Bono's vocals on Peace On Earth are very intimate and inviting. This is a good sound.

Coming from my Grado's though, the sound stage is smaller. Playing twenty one pilots Not Today the sound opens up a bit. Still intimate, but not as much as the U2 song. This is a set up I could use for mowing, workouts, walking, cleaning the house, etc...I would call this a solid rich, full sound with slightly less detail than other set ups. It is a good combination, which I could happily get used to hearing. Dave Holland's Hands song reaffirms this nicely as does Car Radio by TWP.

Hope this helps.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #6,442 of 7,931
I am currently listening to that combination. My favored FLC8S filter trio is black/red/gunmetal. I had to tone down the treble from the gold filter, and like the bass. The M1s drives the FLC's quite well, no problem in volume. And even though the Aune has a more neutral sound (to me), the FLC warms the sound up quite nicely. Good solid bass reach, mids are present, but more laid back than other IEM/headphones I own (which is odd, because typically the FLC is quite forward in their mids, to me). Not bad mind you, just different. Bono's vocals on Peace On Earth are very intimate and inviting. This is a good sound.

Coming from my Grado's though, the sound stage is smaller. Playing twenty one pilots Not Today the sound opens up a bit. Still intimate, but not as much as the U2 song. This is a set up I could use for mowing, workouts, walking, cleaning the house, etc...I would call this a solid rich, full sound with slightly less detail than other set ups. It is a good combination, which I could happily get used to hearing. Dave Holland's Hands song reaffirms this nicely as does Car Radio by TWP.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for this! For midcentric, the grey-grey-gold is good for it?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #6,443 of 7,931
Anyone have tried the flc8s with aune m1s? How does it sound? What's the best filter combination for it? Planning to get one in two months.

Power is plenty. Low-Gain is more than sufficient for anyone. I also bought myself a 2.5mm balanced cable from VE, making use of the extra power (110mW @ 32Ω vs. 180mW @ 32Ω).
Unless you cannot live with all the features of most modern DAPs, the M1 should suit you just fine. It's a really great DAP for high-sensitvity, low-impedance IEMs like the FLC8s and similar.
My personal go-to filter combo is mostly Clear-Clear-Gray, which is what I'd consider the most tonally mature signature. (It's quite close to the Harman-Target)

Jul 6, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #6,444 of 7,931
Power is plenty. Low-Gain is more than sufficient for anyone. I also bought myself a 2.5mm balanced cable from VE, making use of the extra power (110mW @ 32Ω vs. 180mW @ 32Ω).
Unless you cannot live with all the features of most modern DAPs, the M1 should suit you just fine. It's a really great DAP for high-sensitvity, low-impedance IEMs like the FLC8s and similar.
My personal go-to filter combo is mostly Clear-Clear-Gray, which is what I'd consider the most tonally mature signature. (It's quite close to the Harman-Target)

Thanks! I have the m1s but I use high gain for most of my earbuds and iem :joy:. I will get the flc8s maybe on holiday season or hoping it would be sooner. My ears are already itching for it. Will enjoy first the SE before jumping to balanced when I got one in the future.

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #6,445 of 7,931
The red set of FLC8S arrived today. I must say they look really nice in person. I slapped on the LMUE Crystal Silver SE cable for now to start burning the phones in while waiting for my Null Audio Lune balanced cable to arrive. I'll keep the default filters (Gold, Grey, Blue) in for now but on my blues I finally went Green, Grey, Red which seem to be pretty awesome with the DX200.

Jul 7, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #6,447 of 7,931
^
Top right of the thread there's a Subscribe to this Thread link. If you are already subscribed it will say "Unsubscribe from Thread".

Jul 9, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #6,448 of 7,931
I am currently thinking about getting a headphone to compliment my FLC8s. I still adore the FLC8s' sound signature on red-grey-gold, but I cannot wear them for too long. Unfortunately, my tinnitus becomes way more noticeable due to the vacuum isolation an IEM offers. Noise Cancellation is something I still value a lot so ANC would be a nice feature. Does anyone have recommendations which pair will fit best? The MDR-1000X seems to a good contender. However, I am open to other headphones, maybe even non-ANC, as well. The most important thing is that is compliments MY FLC8S and is suited for long listening sessions.

Jul 9, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #6,449 of 7,931
I am currently thinking about getting a headphone to compliment my FLC8s. I still adore the FLC8s' sound signature on red-grey-gold, but I cannot wear them for too long. Unfortunately, my tinnitus becomes way more noticeable due to the vacuum isolation an IEM offers. Noise Cancellation is something I still value a lot so ANC would be a nice feature. Does anyone have recommendations which pair will fit best? The MDR-1000X seems to a good contender. However, I am open to other headphones, maybe even non-ANC, as well. The most important thing is that is compliments MY FLC8S and is suited for long listening sessions.
I used to have this combo. I also had this vacuum problem. Later I changed it to black-clear-grey. It has more airier sound and has more soundstage. It is very comfortable and you will be habituated with this signature more you use it. I don't have any closed back headphone but I think sennheiser hd600, which I have has similar sound wthout the sub-bass extention.

Jul 9, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #6,450 of 7,931
I used to have this combo. I also had this vacuum problem. Later I changed it to black-clear-grey. It has more airier sound and has more soundstage. It is very comfortable and you will be habituated with this signature more you use it. I don't have any closed back headphone but I think sennheiser hd600, which I have has similar sound wthout the sub-bass extention.
Awesome! I will try this right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back