FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #6,451 of 7,931
I used to have this combo. I also had this vacuum problem. Later I changed it to black-clear-grey. It has more airier sound and has more soundstage. It is very comfortable and you will be habituated with this signature more you use it. I don't have any closed back headphone but I think sennheiser hd600, which I have has similar sound wthout the sub-bass extention.
Sorry, I am a bit confused. Could you specify which filters you mean. Maybe like INNER-OUTTER-TUBE?

Jul 9, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #6,453 of 7,931
I used to have this combo. I also had this vacuum problem. Later I changed it to black-clear-grey. It has more airier sound and has more soundstage. It is very comfortable and you will be habituated with this signature more you use it. I don't have any closed back headphone but I think sennheiser hd600, which I have has similar sound wthout the sub-bass extention.

I think you could try the Fostex TH-610 or TH-X00 (mahogany or ebony). They might fit to what you're looking for (except for the upper bass that might be a bit too strong).

Jul 9, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #6,454 of 7,931
I think you could try the Fostex TH-610 or TH-X00 (mahogany or ebony). They might fit to what you're looking for (except for the upper bass that might be a bit too strong).
Although I am not buying any headphone right now, I am really intrigued by their massdrop price. I heard that EMU teak is little better and have removable cable. Also I don't like closed-back headphone due to their soundstage. Although HD600 does not much larger soundstage, I like their overall sound. Now on topic what do think about a headphone of similar sound of FLC8S and which filter combination do you like most? By the way I like your reviews very much.

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #6,455 of 7,931
Although I am not buying any headphone right now, I am really intrigued by their massdrop price. I heard that EMU teak is little better and have removable cable. Also I don't like closed-back headphone due to their soundstage. Although HD600 does not much larger soundstage, I like their overall sound. Now on topic what do think about a headphone of similar sound of FLC8S and which filter combination do you like most? By the way I like your reviews very much.

Oops, I meant to quote @readandshine. :D

The TH-X00 is no fully closed headphone - it has a small air gap/vent. The soundstage is fairly open and large.

And yeah, it (or the Ebony or TH-610 that are probably a bit smoother in the highs) would be my recommendation for red-grey-gold fans because of the great sub-bass - however it is also more impactful and bassier in the upper bass/lower fundamental range, so more comparable to a red-black-gold combination.

Thanks by the way. :)

I personally like grey-clear-gunmetal the most, followed by red-grey-gold, and am using the blue and green midrange/treble filter the least often.

Jul 9, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #6,457 of 7,931
bought the AK t8ie mkii...flc gasket/lost filters issue gave me an excuse to try something else :wink:
....so we'll see how i like this baby against the flc.
might also sell mojo/ipod 6 touch brick for an ibasso dx200....
has anyone heard both(mojo against ibasso dx200)?
thanks

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #6,458 of 7,931
Hey all, I had a question for anyone who has dealt with the repair/replace/warranty process. I've had my FLC8S for about 6 months and the right driver suddenly sounds very muddy. I've tried swapping filters, taking all the filters off, and the right driver consistently sounds more bassy and less clear than the left driver (kind of like it's underwater). If I had to guess, I'd say one of the BA modules inside is broken or disconnected.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I bought this pair from Shenzhen Audio but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go through them or contact the FLC folks directly... Super disappointing because I definitely love these earphones — they were ridiculously clear and lush.

Jul 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #6,461 of 7,931
well i keep losing those shiny platic filters (ULF)...due to spongy gasket...have sent off to lend me your ears
for a replacement of some gaskets and 2 pairs of ulf....20 shiipped...what a rip off!.

anyway am using the clear ulf filters, gray and gray...not too bad at all, actually

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #6,462 of 7,931
Hey all, I had a question for anyone who has dealt with the repair/replace/warranty process. I've had my FLC8S for about 6 months and the right driver suddenly sounds very muddy. I've tried swapping filters, taking all the filters off, and the right driver consistently sounds more bassy and less clear than the left driver (kind of like it's underwater). If I had to guess, I'd say one of the BA modules inside is broken or disconnected.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I bought this pair from Shenzhen Audio but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go through them or contact the FLC folks directly... Super disappointing because I definitely love these earphones — they were ridiculously clear and lush.

Heya sts66, I think Shenzhen audio provides a one year warranty, you can open a support ticket on their site. If check with them first.

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #6,464 of 7,931
Jul 20, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #6,465 of 7,931
Yes it's 2.5mm TRRS balanced. Mine, received some days ago, are like in the photo but with no memory cable at the two ends. Sound is clear and detailed.

It is the same with the stock cable just different termination? Thank you for the answer. Just ordered flc8s and this cable is on my list.

Is it bad if it doesn't have memory wire? Noob question.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back