FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #6,483 of 7,931
^
Plenty of recommendations already in this thread. I can recommend LMUE Silver Cable which fits perfectly although it's on the expensive side, imo. What I use every day however are Null Audio cables. Prices are good, build quality is excellent. They are extremely comfortable but the TF10 connector fit can be tight.

Jul 30, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #6,485 of 7,931
I just got my FLC 8S in red ... box came with a 2.5mm balance cord. The purchase was also to include an adapter to 3.5mm unbalanced. After an email to the seller the adapter is being sent out.

I also have an order coming next week for the FLC silver upgrade cable 3.5mm

In the mean time I really wanted to try them out and burn them in. I have a very old UE TF10 cable .. it appears to be a bit on the tight side ... I have it lightly attached just enough to hold, I haven't 'fully' seated the connection ... was this a wise thing to do?

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #6,486 of 7,931
I just got my FLC 8S in red ... box came with a 2.5mm balance cord. The purchase was also to include an adapter to 3.5mm unbalanced. After an email to the seller the adapter is being sent out.

I also have an order coming next week for the FLC silver upgrade cable 3.5mm

In the mean time I really wanted to try them out and burn them in. I have a very old UE TF10 cable .. it appears to be a bit on the tight side ... I have it lightly attached just enough to hold, I haven't 'fully' seated the connection ... was this a wise thing to do?

Be very careful with this. It's easy to "stretch" the socket so that you won't get a solid connection with the proper cable.

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #6,487 of 7,931
Thanks ... I did not force things ... burn in is going great

Red/modded black/gun metal

Modded black just has a tiny (micro) bit of foam from an old earphone inserted into the hole. Another board member gave me a heads up on this.

Using Westone small foam tips with the thin plastic nozzle tube removed

These sound pretty nice with the QP1R

Letting the new earphones burn in for a few battery cycles.

I'm pretty happy to have these along with UE CIEM 18 Pros...

Can't wait for the new cable to come to see what the isolation is like on the daily subway commute

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #6,488 of 7,931
I'm loving my FLC8S IEM with SGAudiohive replacement cable. The sound is spetacular, clear, detailed, smooth, extended, airy. I've previously owned the Dunu DN2000 but the FLC8S is better to my ears. Very nice IEM for a good price!

Aug 3, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #6,495 of 7,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back