FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #6,391 of 7,931
Got these in last week. Really impressed, especially the mids. Been rocking the red/grey/gold combo with the stock and spinfit tips. I got some MEE audio tips and found the triple flange to be the most comfortable, but the sound is different! Now I'm using the black/black/blue combo because its too harsh otherwise. Mids are no longer amazing too...

I really wish they made tune-able customs. Those would be my end game!

FLC8S CUSTOM
BPL012__08437.1465556425.1280.1280.JPG

Apr 28, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #6,393 of 7,931
Apr 30, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #6,396 of 7,931
hi guys... how's the metallic coating of the flc8s on your everyday use?

Pretty much flawless, I'd say. I have been stressing them for quite a bit (gym, etc.), but they are not showing any signs of deterioration.

I would concur. If one would ever take a $300 IEM to the gym, this would be an excellent candidate. And I too, take mine on runs. Pretty good unit for workouts!

May 1, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #6,398 of 7,931
so the connector part on my ear bud has become damaged/loose like it did on my old triple fi 10s...is this repairable at all? they stay in , but, the cable falls out when i remove them from my ear....is this easily fixable or no?

May 2, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #6,399 of 7,931
As a recent GR07 BE owner, I can say that they have the same neutral sound.
But the flc8s is more refined (highs, mids and lows) and has bigger soundstage.

I love the Gold, Grey, Red tuning for that big bass punch on my prog rock playlist.

May 5, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #6,401 of 7,931
Hey my dudes. Proud new owner of the FLC8s.

Have one problem though. Am using the smallest, soft gray tips that come stock with the FLC8s. I find within the hour, my inner ear canals get really irritated.

I actually need to take them out and get some Q-tips and dig them into my ears. Not because they are dirty, just for some sweet relief by using them to scratch the inside of my ear.

Tried comply foam tips 400 - both the isolating ones and the comfort ones. Yes, I could wear them hours on end, but they significantly affected the sound of the FLC8s quite negatively. Everything sounds more muffled and bleh.

I've seen people recommend the JVC Spiral Dots and the Spinfits. But I throw it out to you again - anyone recommend tips that keep / boost the sound performance of the FLC8s but also are comfortable to wear hours on end?

May 5, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #6,402 of 7,931
hmm. the right angle jack on my flc8s seems a bit bent. I bought it from LMUE, it says that the warranty is carried out by manufacturer via seller. On their webpage, there doesn't seem to be any information on sending my flc8s back for repairs.

Or should i just contact Forrest Wei?

Can anyone who has had their flc8s undergone repairs provide any helpful information? thanks.

May 8, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #6,403 of 7,931
If someone has doubts about buying JVC Spiral Dots for FLC 8S, please don't. Excellent synergy - ML size in my case. They stick good in ears, adding IMO more bass than standard tips.

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #6,404 of 7,931
hmm. the right angle jack on my flc8s seems a bit bent. I bought it from LMUE, it says that the warranty is carried out by manufacturer via seller. On their webpage, there doesn't seem to be any information on sending my flc8s back for repairs.

Or should i just contact Forrest Wei?

Can anyone who has had their flc8s undergone repairs provide any helpful information? thanks.

You can probably email him or @ him in a post here. I've only read good things on repairs from Forrest

If someone has doubts about buying JVC Spiral Dots for FLC 8S, please don't. Excellent synergy - ML size in my case. They stick good in ears, adding IMO more bass than standard tips.

Did you ever try any Complys with wax guard? Are there any other tips with wax guards?

May 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #6,405 of 7,931
Hey my dudes. Proud new owner of the FLC8s.

Have one problem though. Am using the smallest, soft gray tips that come stock with the FLC8s. I find within the hour, my inner ear canals get really irritated.

I actually need to take them out and get some Q-tips and dig them into my ears. Not because they are dirty, just for some sweet relief by using them to scratch the inside of my ear.

Tried comply foam tips 400 - both the isolating ones and the comfort ones. Yes, I could wear them hours on end, but they significantly affected the sound of the FLC8s quite negatively. Everything sounds more muffled and bleh.

I've seen people recommend the JVC Spiral Dots and the Spinfits. But I throw it out to you again - anyone recommend tips that keep / boost the sound performance of the FLC8s but also are comfortable to wear hours on end?

Have you tried reversing comply tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back