FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #6,361 of 7,931
  Bass thump is frequency related - not the type of driver.  And yes, they definitely can.

they both have a earwax filter, right?
the curves are more or less customs (as far as I could see on their site), it looks like they dont have any

edit:
Brooko, is it possible to provice a FR graph with FLC8s (red, black, gold), A4 (Black back, bluenozzle, ES2, A83 combined?

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #6,362 of 7,931
Yep sure

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #6,363 of 7,931
  Yep sure

Thank you!!
The Alclair curves also in the Graph please 
L3000.gif

and do the curves have waxfilter?

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #6,364 of 7,931

Thank you!!
The Alclair curves also in the Graph please 
L3000.gif

and do the curves have waxfilter?

You do realise that each time I close the program I have to spend time rebuilding the entire graph right?  No the Curves don't have a wax filter - but they fit the Shure Olives which have one in-built into the tips

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #6,365 of 7,931

Curve is green

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #6,366 of 7,931
Did anybody ever truly compare the Vegas or Dorados?
Can anyone speak about the AAW W500's vs the FLC8s?

Thanks!

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #6,367 of 7,931

You do realise that each time I close the program I have to spend time rebuilding the entire graph right?  No the Curves don't have a wax filter - but they fit the Shure Olives which have one in-built into the tips

Oh sorry! :s
I dont know anything about how you measure them, I thought the plotted curve could be saved as a project file, not that you had to enter the values manually each time.

But still, thank you very very much! 
L3000.gif

I would owe you back, if I could (so if theres anything I could help out 
redface.gif
 )

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #6,368 of 7,931

Curve is green

Thank you!!
Looks very much like Curve is the winner for me.
Maybe the ES2, but most likely the Curve!

You are awesome brooko!

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #6,369 of 7,931

Oh sorry! :s
I dont know anything about how you measure them, I thought the plotted curve could be saved as a project file, not that you had to enter the values manually each time.

That can be done of course, however opening Arta, then every individual of the saved measurement files, then aligning/leveling each of them at 1 kHz, and then exporting the overlaid graph screenshot/image (and priorly writing a legend for each colour) does take some time and is a bit annoying.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #6,370 of 7,931

That can be done of course, however opening Arta, then every individual of the saved measurement files, then aligning/leveling each of them at 1 kHz, and then exporting the overlaid graph screenshot/image (and priorly writing a legend for each colour) does take some time and is a bit annoying.

Jeah I thought you could do multi layering, like in photoshop have multiple layers overlapping 
silly me, sorry 
L3000.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #6,372 of 7,931
Apr 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #6,373 of 7,931
  [...]

No the Curves don't have a wax filter - but they fit the Shure Olives which have one in-built into the tips

googled around a bit, the Olives (or atleast the Shure EABKF1, which seems to be the newest version or name) are for 3.0mm, and Alclair recommended me 4.3mm

Hi Tom,

The inner diameter of the tip needs to be around 4.3mm. Here is the Compy tips that we ship with:

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/t-200/

[...]

Andy
ANDY SWANSON
Alclair Audio
Handcrafted In-Ear Monitors
http://alclair.com
800-933-9899

I know you can stretch them, but is that good for the tips?
Or should I rather get the Tx-200 (which also have earwax tips)

Which do you like more?

ps: Olives are washable? :xf_eek:oo

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #6,374 of 7,931
Prefer the Olives - they are wider, more durable and fit me better. And they fit like a glove.  Comply pretty good too - just not as durable.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #6,375 of 7,931
Hi guys, I've been a silent reader and happy user of FLC 8s since the upgrade from FLC 8

But recently, disaster happened
I tried aftermarket cable and left unit stuck
I pulled too hard and broke my left unit
To make it worse, I bought the item overseas and it's not on warranty anymore
Is there any way to contact FLC technology? Tried looking at their website but can't find email information

Best thing I can do is inmail Forrest through linked but it will be really expensive to subscribe linkedin premium

Thanks in advance folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back