FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 6, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #3,511 of 7,931
Loving the FLC8S after daily use over the last few days since getting them. The Crystal Silver cable makes a nice difference as far as microphonics (next to none) and memory wire (less stiff) goes. Still on the default grey/grey/gold setup and am fine with it. Will try red/grey/gold that everyone raves about over the weekend.

What I am struggling with is the ear tips themselves. Because of the wider iem nozzle (as compared to my W3 & W4) the tips tend to fit awkwardly in my ear canal, especially right ear. I tried Crystal Tips which are quite nice but not as "sticky" as Comply which causes the tips to eventually unseal/slip over time. I went back to the stock clear/white silicon tips and tried all sizes. Mediums are best but not as comfortable as Crystals and also tend to pull out of the canal over time. I have Spiral Dots on the way to try as well. What I would like is to find Comply and/or silicon double or triple flange sleeves that fit the wide-bore nozzle. The ones that I possess are for the Westones/Shure SE 535 and are narrow stem.

Point me in the right direction to suitable tips, FLC8mates.

In my experience when the tip slides out of the ear or you lose seal over time, the tip is too big and you need to go down a size. With a tip that is slightly too large, you can get a good seal at first, but as it continues to expand, it pushes itself out. That's why I use a small Crystal for my left ear and a medium for my right. My left canal is slightly narrower than my right. The medium would work well initially in both ears, but after an hour or so it would push itself loose in the left. Many people have differently sized ear canals. Try downsizing when you have this problem.

May 6, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #3,512 of 7,931
^
For the price of an MP3 track it's worth a try. Thanks for the tip (pun intended).

^^
Yes, I'm going with different sizes in each ear now until I find something better. Thanks!

May 7, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #3,513 of 7,931
  I prefer an FLC9 
tongue.gif

If I am right with Forrest's naming scheme for his in-ears, this would however mean that the in-ear you'd prefer would have 4.5 drivers in each earpiece which wouldn't make that much sense, at least not to me. 
biggrin.gif

Forget what I wrote, it was nonsense.

May 7, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #3,514 of 7,931
If I am right with Forrest's naming scheme for his in-ears, this would however mean that the in-ear you'd prefer would have 4.5 drivers in each earpiece which wouldn't make that much sense, at least not to me. :D

Hm but the FLC8S doesn't have quad drivers inside in the first place? He has other iems too, but in Taobao. If he's going by serial number then yes FLC9 please~

May 7, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #3,515 of 7,931

If I am right with Forrest's naming scheme for his in-ears, this would however mean that the in-ear you'd prefer would have 4.5 drivers in each earpiece which wouldn't make that much sense, at least not to me. 
biggrin.gif

Hm but the FLC8S doesn't have quad drivers inside in the first place? He has other iems too, but in Taobao. If he's going by serial number then yes FLC9 please~

Argh, dang it, you're right, buddy. 
redface.gif

It's morning here and my brain isn't running with its full capacity yet.

May 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #3,516 of 7,931
Purchased the FLC8S a few weeks ago and am genuinely loving the sound they can produce. Being a big fan of the vsonic gr07 bass editions that I've used for the past year, the impact, clarity, and spaciousness of the flc8s is a step up from those, and puts a ridiculous grin on my face.

Thank you, Forest!

However...

@Flcforrestwei: I'm considering getting a Null Audio Arete cable made with a remote control and mic, as the stock cable with the flc8s is, imo, terrible. At the very least, I'm going to remove the memory wire portion. The most important mechanical quality that is lacking in the stock cable is suppleness. Take a look at the cable with the vsonic gr07 bass edition: that should be the target to shoot for in terms of suppleness and comfort.

May 7, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #3,517 of 7,931
I wish there was a filter between the gray and the white LF...with the mojo, it feels like the gray becomes a little obtrusive, but the white sounds thin for sure. I can appreciate the red gray gray, but then you give up that mids on gold and sounds a bit sibilant. There is no middle ground 
frown.gif
 I've settled on red gray gold that @audio123 praises so much. You win ^^ The mojo has a slight emphasis on mid-bass, so the gray LF can sound a bit too much when paired together, but it sounds most balanced. The gold filter with mojo is a must 
biggrin.gif
 Maybe the micro idsd is a better pairing since the neutral and a bit of treble emphasis could have made magic.

May 7, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #3,518 of 7,931
  I wish there was a filter between the gray and the white LF...with the mojo, it feels like the gray becomes a little obtrusive, but the white sounds thin for sure. I can appreciate the red gray gray, but then you give up that mids on gold and sounds a bit sibilant. There is no middle ground 
frown.gif
 I've settled on red gray gold that @audio123 praises so much. You win ^^ The mojo has a slight emphasis on mid-bass, so the gray LF can sound a bit too much when paired together, but it sounds most balanced. The gold filter with mojo is a must 
biggrin.gif
 Maybe the micro idsd is a better pairing since the neutral and a bit of treble emphasis could have made magic.

definitely red grey gold with a slight boost in the upper mids and the weakened mid bass slam, definitely one of the best combinations for the flc8s. btw it sounds similar to andromeda
eek.gif

May 7, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #3,520 of 7,931
Can someone compare flc8s with pinnacle p1?

i have both. basically flc8s is very mid centric while p1 is cold and distant from the mids. i thought the details on both are excellent but p1 excels in the treble department. soundstage around the same. for an all rounder iem, flc8s. if u r treble head, p1

May 7, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #3,521 of 7,931
P1 known for treble? Whaaaaa?
Flc8s is not bad really in the treble department. I'm just not convinced too much with the bass tuning.

Very agile but lacks in quantity. Strangely enough the clear and grey add ons provide the most natural sounding bass in my experience.

May 7, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #3,522 of 7,931
P1 known for treble? Whaaaaa?
Flc8s is not bad really in the treble department. I'm just not convinced too much with the bass tuning.

Very agile but lacks in quantity. Strangely enough the clear and grey add ons provide the most natural sounding bass in my experience.

better than the flc8s in treble

beerchug.gif

May 7, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #3,523 of 7,931
This is now my favorite rig... Dragonfly Red and FLC8S Red! Stunning looks and even more stunning sound. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't get enough of the beautiful smooth sound flowing from this combo... Honestly, the FLC8S is everything I look for in an end-game IEM and I can safely say it has stopped my search for something better - simply because I believe there aren't anything better! (and easy on the wallet too!)

Fantastic job creating this IEM, @Flcforrestwei
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #3,524 of 7,931
  This is now my favorite rig... Dragonfly Red and FLC8S Red! Stunning looks and even more stunning sound. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't get enough of the beautiful smooth sound flowing from this combo... Honestly, the FLC8S is everything I look for in an end-game IEM and I can safely say it has stopped my search for something better - simply because I believe there aren't anything better! (and easy on the wallet too!)

Fantastic job creating this IEM, @Flcforrestwei
beerchug.gif

i am digging the overall red. nice picture bro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back