FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Mar 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #2,476 of 4,896
Quote:
Quote:
So, would I save more money when I just get the 334 now then get an amp later???

IMO, get the 334s if you like what you read about it's sound sig and a amp/DAC could (and should) come when you can swing it. 

I so agree, phones first then amps and dacs. I am traveling this week and are rocking the 334s, they are seriously so good I forget to miss my lcds back home. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #2,478 of 4,896
Quote:
I so agree, phones first then amps and dacs. I am traveling this week and are rocking the 334s, they are seriously so good I forget to miss my lcds back home. 

I dont know if its just me. , i can tell differences between phones but its really hard to for me to distinguish between different sources/amps.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,481 of 4,896
Any information about when is the delivery process is back to normal?

I've seen stocks over at e-earphone in Tokyo but they're all reserved already

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,483 of 4,896
Quote:
Any information about when is the delivery process is back to normal?

Quote:
I've seen stocks over at e-earphone in Tokyo but they're all reserved already

Yeah, the current batch is all sold out at both e-earphone and Fujiya-Avic. There are waiting list for the next batch already; it's highly unlikely that the delivery process will ever go back to normal (normal as in you can order it anytime and it'll be in stock for delivery), especially due to the overwhelmingly high demands and FitEar's limited production capability.

Quote:
Is there anything out there on production numbers of these?  Are we talking hundreds or thousands in the wild?

My wild guess is around 500-600~ units worldwide.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #2,485 of 4,896
Good grief, that cable looks so clunky and humongous, and for $350? I think I'll pass. The BTG cable is so much more tailored to the aesthetic of the 334, and for less than a third the cost.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #2,486 of 4,896
Quote:
Good grief, that cable looks so clunky and humongous, and for $350? I think I'll pass. The BTG cable is so much more tailored to the aesthetic of the 334, and for less than a third the cost.

It does look rather unwieldy, but the question I have is how does it compare sonically to the 000 cable, which it is price competitive with?  The 000 probably does push my limits of ergonomics though.

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #2,487 of 4,896
Quote:

It does look rather unwieldy, but the question I have is how does it compare sonically to the 000 cable, which it is price competitive with?  The 000 probably does push my limits of ergonomics though.

I thought the 000 cable came up short sonically of the ALO and BTG, which it shouldn't considering the steep price.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #2,488 of 4,896
Quote:

I thought the 000 cable came up short sonically of the ALO and BTG, which it shouldn't considering the steep price.

Hmm... from what I recall searching this thread the 000 came out preferred in most comparisons to other cables (at least the ALO and 001) w/ the caveat that the bass can be a bit bloaty.  That's interesting, I might give the BTG a shot (or certainly pick up one used).  For me the 000 earns its keep vs. the 001.

EDIT: Shotgunshane care to weigh on this some more?  It didn't seem from your report that it made a significant difference sonically, but maybe your impression has changed now you'd have it for awhile.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #2,489 of 4,896
Quote:

Hmm... from what I recall searching this thread the 000 came out preferred in most comparisons to other cables (at least the ALO and 001) w/ the caveat that the bass can be a bit bloaty.  That's interesting, I might give the BTG a shot (or certainly pick up one used).  For me the 000 earns its keep vs. the 001.

EDIT: Shotgunshane care to weigh on this some more?  It didn't seem from your report that it made a significant difference sonically, but maybe your impression has changed now you'd have it for awhile.

Ha, well, not to me. In direct comparisons, I liked the ALO better sonically. It was more alive, spacious, and had more sparkle to the treble. Seems to me others thought the 000 had a better combination of solid detail while staying mellow in character. Personally I liked the better sparkle and bigger space of the ALO, on sonics alone.

OTOH, the BTG cable is much closer to the ALO sonically, while maybe taking off a bit of edge, while being worlds more ergonomic. I like it best of all. And you can't argue with the price.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2,490 of 4,896
Quote:

Ha, well, not to me. In direct comparisons, I liked the ALO better sonically. It was more alive, spacious, and had more sparkle to the treble. Seems to me others thought the 000 had a better combination of solid detail while staying mellow in character. Personally I liked the better sparkle and bigger space of the ALO, on sonics alone.

OTOH, the BTG cable is much closer to the ALO sonically, while maybe taking off a bit of edge, while being worlds more ergonomic. I like it best of all. And you can't argue with the price.

I didn't get to try the cables off the TG!334 but I did try with the MH335DW (so therefore possibly different synergies if one is a believer). I could hardly hear a difference between the BTG Starlight with the 000 even and for ergonomic reasons (if the BTG Starlight connector is slightly modified) would be a more comfortable cable than the 000.

The ALO cable "brightened" the MH335DW signature somewhat but I felt I didn't get as much detail as I did with the 000's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back