FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Oct 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #961 of 4,896
Quote:
Do you like it more than the GR07?
biggrin.gif

Ha, funny.

It's actually the first iem I've heard that is a total upgrade over the GR07 in EVERY single way. I'll post impressions later.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #964 of 4,896
Until I can form somehting concree, here's the conversation I had with the owner after getting them:

eke2k6
Today at 7:40 pm

Holy ****

Today at 8:07 pm

Hey,
Glad you got them ok. 

So you're reacting to the first listen?? Just wait till you find the perfect tips...  

eke2k6
Today at 8:17 pm

Yup! 

I actually had to fiddle around with tips for a while. The thing is, they're completely sealed. These types of iems create massive pressure on my ear drums, so I had to switch to the GR07 stock tips since they don't have that kind of suction seal. I know they're slightly smaller than the bore, but thats the price of admission.

The tonal balance is eerily similar b/w the 07 and 334, but that's where the comparison ends.  
biggrin.gif

It's comical how much they destroy the 07 soundstage-wise.

Today at 8:36 pm

Yeah, the soundstage is ridiculously more massive.. as is the price though! Like 6-7X the GR07's price. To me, the 334's midrange makes it on the GR07 seem somewhat recessed... not that it's overly forward with the 334's either. It's just the mids on the 334's are simply incredible! So full and lifelike in tone. 

Also, I find the bass quite similar, with the GR07's having a touch more dynamic impact. How's the size working out? They tend to wiggle back out on me over time, sometimes. 

Today at 8:45 pm

Exactly! The mids are tangible enough to make me want to reach out and touch the vocals. The only thing I miss going from the GR07 to the 334 is the snare snap. I'll try to eq up 7khz to see if that helps any.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #965 of 4,896
"Exactly! The mids are tangible enough to make me want to reach out and touch the vocals. The only thing I miss going from the GR07 to the 334 is the snare snap. I'll try to eq up 7khz to see if that helps any."

I was listening to them today and I thought I can really hear the snare drum. I think the song was "If I needed someone" G.H. live in Japan w E.C.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #969 of 4,896
Now that I just manage to get USB audio out of my andriod phone. Anyone care to chime in any portable dac/amp that has great treble energy & will have ZERO hiss with fitear 334. As I listen very softly, I can't afford the portable amp to hiss at all. It must be absoultely silent (pitch black) and preferable a very analytical and cold amp... in short as far away from tube like romantic lush sound amp. I need thin and cold amp & with harsh high for fitear 334. Any suggestion?

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #974 of 4,896
Right now I'm using Galaxy S3 -> UD100 -> Pico Slim -> 334. This is a great compact portable rig as long as you don't mind two things dangling off your phone.

The UD100 is a nice transparent DAC, although it does run down my phone battery a lot faster than listening from the headphone jack does.

The slim is a pretty good match for the sound signature you're looking for. I wouldn't go as far as to say the highs are harsh, but they do pair well with the 334. The Slim is not 100% hiss free, but the hiss only starts around 50% of max volume, and that is pretty loud with most sources. If you listen at low volumes I would consider it pitch black, but if you're incredibly sensitive to this I would audition before buying.

The 2Stepdance is even better in terms of hiss when used on high gain mode (music volume is louder in this mode, but hiss levels do not change vs. low gain). This amp has a smoother top end though, so probably not quite what you're looking for.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #975 of 4,896
Quote:
Right now I'm using Galaxy S3 -> UD100 -> Pico Slim -> 334. This is a great compact portable rig as long as you don't mind two things dangling off your phone.

The UD100 is a nice transparent DAC, although it does run down my phone battery a lot faster than listening from the headphone jack does.

The slim is a pretty good match for the sound signature you're looking for. I wouldn't go as far as to say the highs are harsh, but they do pair well with the 334. The Slim is not 100% hiss free, but the hiss only starts around 50% of max volume, and that is pretty loud with most sources. If you listen at low volumes I would consider it pitch black, but if you're incredibly sensitive to this I would audition before buying.

The 2Stepdance is even better in terms of hiss when used on high gain mode (music volume is louder in this mode, but hiss levels do not change vs. low gain). This amp has a smoother top end though, so probably not quite what you're looking for.

Hi Gibraltar.  Pix please. When I go on the UD100 website it appears this is a USB DAC. Am I not navigating to the correct area? Link please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back