FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #948 of 4,896
Quote:
I am keen on the DACport 1Ω mod.

I'm quite keen on the upcoming CEntrance HiFi-M8. I'm not sure what price range it's going to be in yet but it's feature set makes it the most versatile portable DAC/Amp I've come across.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #949 of 4,896
I don't recall writing a quick impression of the FitEar 000 optional upgrade cable, of which I had balanced. As such I thought I'd share my quick notes now. My 000 cable was actually purchased back in early July from a Fujiya Portable Show, and Ken of ALO was courteous enough to balance it for me whilst I was getting my Rx Mk3 gain retuned/lowered. The result of the TG!334 cable upgrade to the 000 balanced cable is as follows.

During the balancing of the 000 cable (i.e the snipping of the SE plug), it was determined that the 000 was made of silver cables. Information about its to purity, number of strands, and gauge, on the other hand was not given to me.

A brief overall summary is that the 000 balanced basically was more like a fine-tune of an already very good sounding IEM/Amp combination (where the amp in this case is the ALO Rx Mk3; I did test with the RSA SR-71B too but that's for a different thread). In general I really couldn't say it was an improvement over the stock cable for all tracks and across multiple genre I listened to but really just different and eventually it's up to the listener's sonic preferences.

Here are some quick notes I jotted whilst doing the comparison.

Anne Murray's The Best...So Far
- difference isn't do much of an improvement but rather emphasis on various portions of the frequency spectrum
- the standard cable is more mids & treble focused whereas the balanced 000 pulled it back a bit and felt more neutral.
- for high treble tracks, the balanced cable does tame sibilance a little & provide a little more clarity.
- Bass appears to be slightly more extended but marginally.
- cant tell much difference in soundstage.

Vivaldi 4 Seasons
- SE actually sounded louder than balanced (this was unexpected!?)
- instruments also sounded more congested with the standard cable whereas with the balanced 000 cable, instruments seemed to have more room to breath
- the balanced cable seems to be a more "tame" version of the standard cable

TRON Legacy Soundtrack
- the mid & treble focus of the SE actually worked well with this music whereas the balanced sounds too tame

It is quite a bit of money spent to just squeeze out that little bit of performance. Although I do use my 000 balanced quite a bit, I find myself using the standard SE cable in equal amount of time too. This is primarily more for the convenience (that I can use my TG!334 straight off the iBasso DX100). Any sonic loss from balanced to SE is, to my ears, minor and easily forgotten. Having said that, when I'm sitting at a cafe, I may as well use the balanced cable for extended periods.

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #951 of 4,896
I just posted this on the Miracle App. thread.

Right now I want to say Miracles 10/10 vs 334s 9.5/10
I want to say this but I'll wait to spend more time with both. 
wink.gif

Man, do I feel fortunate, foolish, and inadequate. I must be the luckiest guy on the planet. What? No, I did not forget to take my meds. LOL

I got focused on a song the other day while checking out the Miracles, Rush "Fly By Night" remastered. I've listened to it with the Miracles many times since Thursday. I've been hearing it in my head for a few days and finally HAD to try with the 334s. Here's the inadequate part......the 334s do a fantastic job with it as well. I'm not sure I can say which is better!

I know this: For flying on Airplanes it will be the Miracles 1001% because of the ability to block out ALL outside sound when in and music playing, and almost all when just inserted.
                  For using in public places, not in Airplanes, it has to be the 334s so that some sound can get thru.
The rest of the time?????????

My poor UM3X's are relegated to 'just in case' status. LOL At lest that's the case at this point in time 
basshead.gif

I'll add here, that I am listening with the 334s and see no need to switch!

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #952 of 4,896
I just posted this on the Miracle App. thread.

Man, do I feel fortunate, foolish, and inadequate. I must be the luckiest guy on the planet. What? No, I did not forget to take my meds. LOL

I got focused on a song the other day while checking out the Miracles, Rush "Fly By Night" remastered. I've listened to it with the Miracles many times since Thursday. I've been hearing it in my head for a few days and finally HAD to try with the 334s. Here's the inadequate part......the 334s do a fantastic job with it as well. I'm not sure I can say which is better!

I know this: For flying on Airplanes it will be the Miracles 1001% because of the ability to block out ALL outside sound when in and music playing, and almost all when just inserted.
                  For using in public places, not in Airplanes, it has to be the 334s so that some sound can get thru.
The rest of the time?????????

My poor UM3X's are relegated to 'just in case' status. LOL At lest that's the case at this point in time :basshead:

I'll add here, that I am listening with the 334s and see no need to switch!

What are the differences in sound signature?

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #953 of 4,896
Quote:
What are the differences in sound signature?

I don't mean to keep quoting back and forth between the two threads, but I cannot answer your question any better than what I posted on the Miracle thread yesterday.

"For me to give you my impressions of sound for these two would be ridiculous when we have the Joker, Shigzeo, and a whole host of other experienced audiophiles describing what they hear."

I will need to really concentrate A/Bing the two, to post my humble opinions. I am new to all this and still finding my way.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #958 of 4,896
Quote:

Do we know anything about it, except that it comes with a pretty anime girl?

Probably there will be a special edition custom tailored for the president of this company with transparent cables.

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #959 of 4,896
I had to literally fight myself to stop listening long enough to take this picture, but here goes:

I have  the TG 334 on loan, thanks to one very generous person who would rather not be named.

First impressions: Does anyone know if it's legal to put a kidney up for auction on ebay? Also, where in North America can I go to perform such an excision with the least chance of infection? What's the going rate for one nowadays? Would it be enough to get me my own TG334? If not, is there any literature on the subject of a human being able to survive without either kidney? Could I still lead a full, productive life?

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #960 of 4,896
I had to literally fight myself to stop listening long enough to take this picture, but here goes:

I have  the TG 334 on loan, thanks to one very generous person who would rather not be named.

First impressions: Does anyone know if it's legal to put a kidney up for auction on ebay? Also, where in North America can I go to perform such an excision with the least chance of infection? What's the going rate for one nowadays? Would it be enough to get me my own TG334? If not, is there any literature on the subject of a human being able to survive without either kidney? Could I still lead a full, productive life?

Do you like it more than the GR07? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back