FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #871 of 4,896
Man the 334's are sweet. I almost prefer them over my hd650's to almost any recording, except those cuts who really suits a giant space.
What an iem, gotta post a pic of my rig just to brag. I feel slightly euphoric after using this for six hours so far today.... 

Must have that silver-cable... Well, guess I'll have to sell off my best kidney on ebay to get there now :wink:

That is some seriously pumped rIg. Looks good.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #872 of 4,896
Thanks man. Sounds every bit as good as it looks, right now Gilligan Welch's The Harrow and the Harvest is passing through it, and seriously, if there ever was an "eargasm", this must be it.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #873 of 4,896
This is all the bigger I like to go for anything portable! But yeah, I bet that's a powerhouse rig....

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #875 of 4,896
ALOT!! The DAC probably is just as important, it is not a matter of volume, but sonics. On and off the rig above is like day and night with the same music-files.

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #877 of 4,896
Quote:
If you have amp then use it. If you don't then that's fine too. 334 doesn't necessary need amping.

A Bugatti Veyron does not need to go to a track either, but if you're not planning to take it there, maybe a Fiat has better value. (just my opinion)
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #878 of 4,896
I think you misunderstood my post.

I was simply stating that if you have an amp then use it. But you don't need to buy a new amp to enjoy 334. I am assuming that most people on this thread has decent source to power 334.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #879 of 4,896
I quite agree.

Still I find it strange buying so expensive iem's if you're not gonna feed them right. Not saying that you can't tell the difference between the w4r's and the 334's straight out of an ipod nano, that's a given for sure. Not having colour tv does not mean you can't see the shows! 
wink.gif

My twag-cabled w4r's sounds better off this rig than a pair of 334's straight out of an ipod, unquestionable.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #881 of 4,896
had some brief listening to my friend's pair last week. perhaps I had too much expectation after reading all of the impressions on head-fi but they were not that jaw dropping. at some point, I think the Miracle outperforms the tg334. And it was exactly as tomscy and others pointed out that the treble extension on the tg334 is not that excellent compared to TWFK based IEM, very ed29689-ish. I built some ed-based iems before so it took me no time to spot the familiarities.

another shortcoming of the tg334 is their bassy nature. coming out of my iqube v2 the bass was just next to overwhelming, quality wise I had no problem at all, except for the fact that they lean more towards the upper bass rather than the sub, and I was taken by surprise a bit since the 3300 has one of the best lows I ever heard among BAs, with bass being full with no bias towards any partial spectrum. However it is understandable if the ci serves as sub bass here instead of the 3300.

I will see if the Objective 2 can be a good match for these.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #882 of 4,896
I just spent 4 hours on one flight and another hour
on a second these being the maiden voyages. The sq is great best I ever heard.
Isolation was good, I'd say 80% using the med stock tips that came on them.
I converted 200 songs from CDs to ALAC to start.
What a diff from what I'm use too.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #883 of 4,896
had some brief listening to my friend's pair last week. perhaps I had too much expectation after reading all of the impressions on head-fi but they were not that jaw dropping. at some point, I think the Miracle outperforms the tg334. And it was exactly as tomscy and others pointed out that the treble extension on the tg334 is not that excellent compared to TWFK based IEM, very ed29689-ish. I built some ed-based iems before so it took me no time to spot the familiarities.

another shortcoming of the tg334 is their bassy nature. coming out of my iqube v2 the bass was just next to overwhelming, quality wise I had no problem at all, except for the fact that they lean more towards the upper bass rather than the sub, and I was taken by surprise a bit since the 3300 has one of the best lows I ever heard among BAs, with bass being full with no bias towards any partial spectrum. However it is understandable if the ci serves as sub bass here instead of the 3300.

I will see if the Objective 2 can be a good match for these.

X2

Treble extension a little lacking,i still cant get pass that, I just learn that people call it very smooth. I thought it meant good high without harsh or peak but its actually a little roll off if u ask me to term it. For fun terms, I will use the word creamy to describe tg334 in one word. For people who wants reference to a full size headphone, I think the tonality sound similar to LCD-3 than hd650 due to the powerful bass. Sound stage can feel like out of head experience for me. But LCD-3 has much better treble extension for sure but tg334 have more mid bass.. Maybe a little too much sometimes.. Still ok.

By the way that silver cable plays very little difference in adding treble. I can hardly hear much difference.

For people who are in the same school of thought as ultrasone sig pro , th900, denon d2k-7k, this phone sound completely diff. But people who like hd650, LCD-2/3, the tg334 may be the ultimate traveling companion.

All in my own limited opinion.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #884 of 4,896
Less treble and more bass than LCD3?  Count me out.  I'll have to have a listen to know for sure of course.

@cooper

How's the 334 treble compare to the ES5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back