FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #856 of 4,896
Quote:
My 334 is going to be shipped by 20th, 5:00PM.

I chose USPS for shipping but for some reason ALO shipped via FedEx. One thing I like about USPS is that I can just pay custom duty @ Canada Post with debit (got my credit card). Does anyone have experience with FedEx international priority? Do they accept cash for custom and tax?

I believe you'll just be charged tax with that service. Not sure on whether they'll require that paid on delivery or not though as I don't have a lot of dealings with FedEx but typically they bill after the fact so you get the bill in the mail a few weeks later.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #857 of 4,896
Quote:
I believe you'll just be charged tax with that service. Not sure on whether they'll require that paid on delivery or not though as I don't have a lot of dealings with FedEx but typically they bill after the fact so you get the bill in the mail a few weeks later.

Ah thanks for the help. Really appreciate it. Will go to bank and see what kind of options I have to pay tomorrow. Tomorrow couldn't come sooner.

Good news.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting FedEx.

The amount for duties and taxes is 113.59 you can pay by cash, check or credit card at time of delivery. The drivers do not carry change as the amount in cash has to be exact and you have the option to pay by credit card over the phone at 1-800-463-3339 as well.

Edward
Federal Express Canada Ltd

I am located in Nova Scotia and duty/tax was 113.59. Hope this will give potential Canadian owners rough idea. Not to mention they accept cash. Can't argue with that.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #858 of 4,896
Quote:

I am located in Nova Scotia and duty/tax was 113.59. Hope this will give potential Canadian owners rough idea. Not to mention they accept cash. Can't argue with that.

Cool, another Head-Fier from the Maritimes! We have 3 long-time members here in Charlottetown with a few other friends who have a keen interest as well. We've had a couple of small meets with members from the Maritime provinces but we haven't had one in a few years now.

Taxes will be different from province to province, here on PEI we only pay GST coming across the border from the US. That is until HST goes into effect next year when we'll have to pay an extra 9%. :frowning2:

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #861 of 4,896
Quote:

Cool, another Head-Fier from the Maritimes! We have 3 long-time members here in Charlottetown with a few other friends who have a keen interest as well. We've had a couple of small meets with members from the Maritime provinces but we haven't had one in a few years now.

Taxes will be different from province to province, here on PEI we only pay GST coming across the border from the US. That is until HST goes into effect next year when we'll have to pay an extra 9%. :frowning2:

Oh ho ho, small world!

Ah, that's cool how you guy only pay GST even though it's only until this year.

I don't think I know any head-fi members personally, but that's definitely cool how you guys have your own group.

Can't wait to post 334 impression when it gets here tomorrow.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #862 of 4,896
Quote:

Yeah, for the K3003, EQ up the 3-4 kHz region about 3-4 dB (or to whatever level sounds right) and you'll see what I mean.

I have a friend who has the ALO SXC for the FitEar, but it's terminated with the RSA Kobiconn-style balanced connector, so I haven't had a chance to try it out. I actually think the high extension of the 334 is fine, it's just not as present as that of the K3003.

ok Thanks for the info. I just finished reading Cnet review by Steve and I had the impression that the treble level is really good..

."Drums' impact and power trump the JH 3A's, the texture of the beats is palpable and the cymbals' shimmer sounds remarkably clear"

"I next compared the 334 with my $1,099 JH 13 custom-molded to my ears headphone, and that was a much closer contest, but the 334's clarity and brilliance shone through. The 334's stereo imaging was also more expansive than the JH 13's. The JH 13 is no slouch, and it has a warmer, richer tonal balance. The detailing is quite good, but the 334 is better."

So here I am trying to figure out if my set is defective. I am going to do this with fit ear 334 with reference to some of the phones by comparing their treble level only. (not mid or bass) PLease let me know if you think this is not right;

HD800, TH900, Ultrasone ed8/ Signature Pro, AT w1K/3K, Denon D2K-7K, Sony Ex1000, K3003i (ref & High boost level)LCD-3/ LCD-2, HD598  all has better treble extension than Fitear 334? Fitear 334 treble is on par of very similar to HD650 treble level and fitear 334 is brighter than Shure PT500/535.  Pls let me know if anyone think otherwise, I find the fitear lack some serious treble extension here but I may be getting a defective set. If everyone agrees with this ranking, then I will need to adjust to the terms used here , Transparant, electstatic, clarity, brilliance = to this level of treble. I am still new to Hifi even after 20 years into it. I am learning everyday ..LOL - Thanks folks.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #863 of 4,896
As much as I love the transparent sound, I feel like Fit Ear need to work on ergonomics. The 334's stick out of my ears, the tubes are large and uncomfortable when inserting. In the end, the only parts touching me is the tip that sits in my ear and the memory cable that supports the rest of the headphone. The rest of the IEM suspended outside of my ear canal. I make do but for the price I feel I shouldn't have to.

The cable is ridiculously microphonic. I don't mind too much most of the time but it'd be nice (for the price) for them to get a less microphonic cable that's more flexible and packs easier.

I like the Pelican case, though. Some hybrid tips would have been nice to include.

tl;dr: great sound but need work on comfort/ergonomic side of things (especially for the asking price)

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #865 of 4,896
Well, I hear you. Certainly the ergonomics are not what we are used to re: W4, um3x & SM3. The cable is merely ok, the phones are big and heavy. But my god the sound... I never thought I would have an iem that was better than a full sized phone. To my ears these are better than my denon d7000 & HD650. Is it my imagination? Don't think so...And from my iPhone 4s. Best hi-fi purchase ever. They sound like my Quad system. I will never sell these.

PS. Thanks to Shotgunshane, Joker, tomscy2000 for the advice.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #866 of 4,896
Ok I decided to flip the brightness switch on my headroom ultra amp and also download the jet audio for my andriod phone, turn on treble booster and now this is what I call music... Lol. Anyway I just pull the trigger on Ken's silver cable.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #867 of 4,896
Man the 334's are sweet. I almost prefer them over my hd650's to almost any recording, except those cuts who really suits a giant space.
What an iem, gotta post a pic of my rig just to brag. I feel slightly euphoric after using this for six hours so far today.... 

Must have that silver-cable... Well, guess I'll have to sell off my best kidney on ebay to get there now 
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #868 of 4,896
Just received Fitear To Go! 334 and here are things I like.

1. Good fitting
  2. Good cables for those who wear glasses
  3. Clothing Clip
  4. Sound Signature

Whenever I listened to IEMs that's "neutral" or "balanced", I can't help but to say it felt cold/bright/metallic and I usually got headache from long sessions. If I had to put in in words, the sound signature was neutral, non-colored & plain. Everything sounds really subtle and gentle.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #869 of 4,896
Quote:
Man the 334's are sweet. I almost prefer them over my hd650's to almost any recording, except those cuts who really suits a giant space.
What an iem, gotta post a pic of my rig just to brag. I feel slightly euphoric after using this for six hours so far today.... 

Must have that silver-cable... Well, guess I'll have to sell off my best kidney on ebay to get there now 
wink.gif

Great looking rig altogether! What tips do you like the best so far?

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #870 of 4,896
Quote:
Great looking rig altogether! What tips do you like the best so far?

Thank you for the kind words.
I seem to have such big ear canals that only those white ones on the pic gives me a good seal out of the ones included. Also they make the iem's stick out alot like in the pic I posted earlier in this thread, but who cares with this level of bliss. I have ordered a set of comply foam tips that I will try out. I find those very comfortable om my w4r's (that now will be my to go inside a motorcyclehelmet pair..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back