FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #842 of 4,896
Quote:
The 400 will fit however I was advised by palesofwhite
to go with the 500s. They fit perfectly, you did right.

Cheers mate! Tomorrow the fedex man beats Santa in my book.
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #843 of 4,896
Sep 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #846 of 4,896
Quote:
The AKG K3003 is made in Austria. In the UK it costs £1,000 ($1624 USD at today's exchange rate) and €1,200 ($1,564 USD) in the rest of the European Union, that's $200 - $300 more expensive than the TG334. If you live in Japan, the TG334 costs 98,000 Yen ($1,245 USD).

Interestingly enough, some European shops didn't follow AKG's increase of the K3003's MSRP to €1200. For example Colette, who were first in Europe to carry them, maintained their €1000 price tag as long as they had the K3003 in stock. Most Italian shops I've seen sell them for €1000 as well, and there's even one who "dumps" them for €890. Maybe someone translated purrin's "review" to Italian... just joking, I honestly have no idea why they're cheaper there than everywhere else.

(Sorry for the somewhat OT post, just thought it was worth noting, since you mentioned UK and the rest of Europe)

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #847 of 4,896
Quote:

Interestingly enough, some European shops didn't follow AKG's increase of the K3003's MSRP to €1200. For example Colette, who were first in Europe to carry them, maintained their €1000 price tag as long as they had the K3003 in stock. Most Italian shops I've seen sell them for €1000 as well, and there's even one who "dumps" them for €890. Maybe someone translated purrin's "review" to Italian... just joking, I honestly have no idea why they're cheaper there than everywhere else.

(Sorry for the somewhat OT post, just thought it was worth noting, since you mentioned UK and the rest of Europe)

any idea if the Italian shop shipping to states? If so I am definitely getting this for 890euros.
if not, anyone from Italy here?
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #848 of 4,896
My 334 is going to be shipped by 20th, 5:00PM.

I chose USPS for shipping but for some reason ALO shipped via FedEx. One thing I like about USPS is that I can just pay custom duty @ Canada Post with debit (got my credit card). Does anyone have experience with FedEx international priority? Do they accept cash for custom and tax?

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #849 of 4,896
Hey Folks,

I did an A/B shoot out between AKG 3003i (high boost filter) and Fit ear 334 to go. I want to check if I have a defective set as this is what I have observed (apology for poor description on sound)

1) The treble of Fit ear 334 is not as extended as Akg 3003i (High boost). Can someone verify this, as people here has commented that they were almost electrostatic or transparent (I thought it will sound pretty awsome on the high). but It sounded warm to my ears. The warmness is similar to LCD-3 level instead of TH900 level (which I expect).

2) The bass level is better than the AKG3003, I would say more quantity on both mid and tie on the subbass. Some had commented that AKG 3003i has more sub bass perhaps the fitear 334 mid bass is more prononce than it sub hence sounded like its has less in the sub. The sub bass in the fit ear is every bit as good as AKG 3003i.

3) The soundstage of Fitear to go sounded taller .., way taller than AKG 3003i but the AKG sounded wider, less center focus. Fitear sounded like near field speaker.

4) Fitear is louder on the same voume than AKG.

5) I swop the tip of Fitear to AKG and got a slighlty boosted treble.. very slight but its noticeable.

6) I went to best buy and test the isolation with Bose. There is a bose demo station that simulate airplane noise. Pls note this is just a isolation test and not a sound quality test. I put on a bose and turn down volume to see if I can still hear the airplane noise. I am surprise that the new Bose isolate the noise very very well. I then put on fitear and did the same test, the airplane noise is 20% higher than Bose. I am alittle surprise as I expect it to cut the noise way better than Bose. But then Bose has improved the Noise cacellation of ther phones recently.

7) As usual, all eating, chewing, speaking are heard in the head really loud, similar as using a finger shutting ear.

8) I do like the fitear as it looks really good. Its very big yet comfortable. It stick out of my ear while Shure and AKG stay more in the ear and could lie down to side of pillow. I can't do that with fitear or it will hurt a bit. I also try that with a seat of my car and it I turn to on my side, it touches the seat thus creating vibration noise.

9) I have use Comply foam T400 and it fit. There is no way I will use it as it reduce the clarity very much. Way too much and it sounded like the roll off of the Shure 535 level. Same for AKG, the comply foam suck away quite alot of treble frequency.

10) The wire is super microphonic. Give a slight tab at the headphone jack and I could hear it really clear. Same for cloth brushing against wire, I could hear it. Its very slight but obvious enough to notice during music quiet passage.

In Summary, I think I prefer the fitear over the AKG 3003 (high boost filter)for its bass level, emotional, tuneful with a pretty good bass texture. It sounded natural. I bought the fitear because I wasn't too impress with the AKG 3003i bass level (the bass boost filter is a joke) it completely dull the music, way too warm, lack clarity..  I would say the fitear sounded more like LCD-3 type of sound, warm, good bass level, romantic vocal (pretty strong mid focus). This is straight out of the box and not even burn in but I doubt burning in can increase the treble level. Did anyone find the fitear warm? For me, the reference level is as follow; HD650, LCD-2/LCd-3, A900x are warm (warmest is Shure 535). HD800/TH900, AKG 3003i (high boost filter) and Sony EX1000 has good high (which I like). Can anyone do some comparison. I just want to be sure I did not have defective set. Thanks all

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #851 of 4,896
Quote:

1) The treble of Fit ear 334 is not as extended as Akg 3003i (High boost). Can someone verify this, as people here has commented that they were almost electrostatic or transparent (I thought it will sound pretty awsome on the high). but It sounded warm to my ears. The warmness is similar to LCD-3 level instead of TH900 level (which I expect).

3) The soundstage of Fitear to go sounded taller .., way taller than AKG 3003i but the AKG sounded wider, less center focus. Fitear sounded like near field speaker.

5) I swop the tip of Fitear to AKG and got a slighlty boosted treble.. very slight but its noticeable.

(1) Yes. It's a driver choice difference. The high driver of the 334 does not have the same extension as that of the K3003, which is Knowles' best driver for treble extension.

(2) Yes. This is due to the limitations of the TWFK. It is a dual driver of peaks and valleys; voices are unable to sound as tall. EQ out the peaks and valleys, and you'll find that vocals sound a lot taller.

(3) Yes. I can't remember exactly, but the FitEar should have tips of a wider diameter than AKG's. That means that if you swap the FitEar tips onto the K3003, you'll get a slight horn effect, which will reinforce the high frequencies.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #852 of 4,896
Quote:

(1) Yes. It's a driver choice difference. The high driver of the 334 does not have the same extension as that of the K3003, which is Knowles' best driver for treble extension.

(2) Yes. This is due to the limitations of the TWFK. It is a dual driver of peaks and valleys; voices are unable to sound as tall. EQ out the peaks and valleys, and you'll find that vocals sound a lot taller.

(3) Yes. I can't remember exactly, but the FitEar should have tips of a wider diameter than AKG's. That means that if you swap the FitEar tips onto the K3003, you'll get a slight horn effect, which will reinforce the high frequencies.

I see... so it's the limitation of a particular driver, yeah make sense. Good point on the EQ portion, I may try it to see how it affect the sound. Frankly, the taller sound make the fitear sound more "surround" like in a majestic hall with high celing. That tall sound combine with a powerful mid vocal make the sound really really grand,  quite a special quality. I am still playing with all sort if tip and if anyone have any recommendation on boosting the treble a little bit, I would love to try it. I am thinking of getting the silver cable from ALO - in a last attempt to boost the treble slightly. Has anyone try it and does it boost the treble a little?

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #854 of 4,896
Quote:
 I see... so it's the limitation of a particular driver, yeah make sense. Good point on the EQ portion, I may try it to see how it affect the sound. Frankly, the taller sound make the fitear sound more "surround" like in a majestic hall with high celing. That tall sound combine with a powerful mid vocal make the sound really really grand,  quite a special quality. I am still playing with all sort if tip and if anyone have any recommendation on boosting the treble a little bit, I would love to try it. I am thinking of getting the silver cable from ALO - in a last attempt to boost the treble slightly. Has anyone try it and does it boost the treble a little?

Yeah, for the K3003, EQ up the 3-4 kHz region about 3-4 dB (or to whatever level sounds right) and you'll see what I mean.

I have a friend who has the ALO SXC for the FitEar, but it's terminated with the RSA Kobiconn-style balanced connector, so I haven't had a chance to try it out. I actually think the high extension of the 334 is fine, it's just not as present as that of the K3003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back