FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Sep 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #796 of 4,896
Quote:
TG334 are amazing phones. They are so great that I've also ordered its custom version MH334, will write up something on the difference between the two later.

Here's someone who owns both MH334 & TG334:

Quote:
I recently got a new  FitEar TO GO!334 universal IEM by Suyama.

FitEar TO GO!334 is a universal version of Suyama MH334 custom IEM. Though the universal version shares the same BA units to custom version, interestingly it is not merely add foam rubber tip to custom IEM but it is  completely redesigned as a universal IEM. So this is totaly different to  demo-custom-IEM-with-foam-tip for audition.

The units and cables are the same to MH334 which stand for 3-way 3-units 4-drivers. One driver for high, two for mid/low and one for low. Since BA unit sometimes have two drivers in one unit (ex. Knowles TWFK in Westone3 ), Suyama use this naming convention.
As for 334, three separate BA units are in the one shell and one of which is a big CI unit. This implementation is highly difficult especially for the universal IEM which must have fixed stem diameter. The highlight of this universal 334 is the three separate sound ports for each unit while retain a standard stem diameter.(actually it fits with comply T400)

To achieve the goal, Suyama employed a patent pending new sound port construction which contains a machined titanium tube as well as three separate bores in the stem. The titanium tube is used for high-freq driver and the placement of other BA units are also fine tued
This is why universal 334 is different to demo custom IEM.

Now I have actual unit on my hand and here is a sonic impression. As a owner of custom MH334 , I first thought it would never be the same sound quality since I am a custom-IEM believer :)  But to my surprise, I found the universal 334 sounded noticeably more clear while the sound signature is similar.

First I used my Fostex HP-P1 setup, iPod classic and Dirigent USB cable(crystal cable micro). With this setup, the universal 334 delivers articulate yet well detailed sound in the highs/mid and have well controlled bass in the low. The low is not humped nor bloated. It is fairly tight bass response with my setup. I think the overall sound signature could be similar to JH13 or UE reference, I mean not like JH16.
I'd say the most obvious advantage to those famed IEMs is remarkably wide and deep sound-staging. The spatial expansion is very huge and 3D like. I guess this is a benefit of the new port design but not sure.

I compared the universal 334 to JH13 with TWag. I think this is a close competition. I need further listening to finalize my comment.But at least the 334 excels in the sound-staging. This is obvious.

Comparing to AKG K3003 is another fun. Again the 334 is better in sound-staging while the bass is very different. As you can imagine, k3003 has plenty and strong bass while the universal 334 is right and fast bass. So it's a matter of preference.

The universal 334 (FitEar TO Go!334) will sold at MSRP 105000 yen and currently taking pre-order in Japan( at Fujiya-avic). FYI, AKG K3003 is MSRP 138000 yen here. FitEar TO Go!334 will be available in March.

The oversea market strategy is not determined but expected as this is a universal model. I will let you know when I get further info.

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #798 of 4,896
Cheers for that music_4321. Yep I know Sasaki-san too, a big thanks to him that Tokyo Head-Fiers get privileges to Fujiya shows. DonnyHifi is the other MH334 owner of whom I meet regularly & we compared my TG!334 & MH334 together. The difference in our opinions to Sasaki-san (no disrespect to him) is that we didn't find the TG!334 clearer than MH334 but just slightly more forward highs (due to titanium tubes?). But imaging leaned more towards the MH334's.

Different ears, different thoughts...

Edit: I'm meeting DonnyHifi again & will ask him to bring his MH334's again so we can go for another round.

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #799 of 4,896
Here's the product summary from FitEar official website (by google translate, god it's damn good) 
seems to me 335s are 344s with more base resolution/extension

Product Summary
Pursuit of sound with a high quality feel and presence
FitEar MH335DW is an adaptation of double woofer in order to base the FitEar MH334, improve the texture of low frequency.
The new driver configuration and network settings, while taking advantage of the excellent balance MH334 has, further realizing high resolution and low-frequency low-end extension.
Enjoy a sense of presence to the above, the rich sound quality ever.

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #800 of 4,896
The ES5 demo is warmer and bloomier than the custom IME though one other had a bright experience either due to tips, fit or source.  Some demos vary quite a bit and others like the UE's don't vary much at all.  Personally I find the treble of the ES5 just the right amount of non fatiguing shimmer and sparkle.  Any less would be too dark for me.  I've heard good things about the 334 but haven't heard them myself.  

334's treble doesn't sound as shining as ES5's, but personally I guess the reason being 334's mid-bass and mids are so good that outweigh the treble rather than anything wrong with the treble itself

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #801 of 4,896
Quote:
334's treble doesn't sound as shining as ES5's, but personally I guess the reason being 334's mid-bass and mids are so good that outweigh the treble rather than anything wrong with the treble itself

I have both and the 334's treble is definitely sparkier and better extended than that of the ES5.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #803 of 4,896
Quote:
The ES5 demo is warmer and bloomier than the custom IME though one other had a bright experience either due to tips, fit or source.  Some demos vary quite a bit and others like the UE's don't vary much at all.  Personally I find the treble of the ES5 just the right amount of non fatiguing shimmer and sparkle.  Any less would be too dark for me.  I've heard good things about the 334 but haven't heard them myself.  

I know currawong thinks the treble is spiky... I have heard much worse in that regard personally (that's usually what kills an IEM for me, painful treble-- the FX700 had it, W3, even the EX1000 a touch, but these don't by comparison even if a tiny amount). So I think it would be very interesting to see how they measure, if there are any 'knives of death' so to speak which would show up. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #804 of 4,896
Quote:

I know currawong thinks the treble is spiky... I have heard much worse in that regard personally (that's usually what kills an IEM for me, painful treble-- the FX700 had it, W3, even the EX1000 a touch, but these don't by comparison even if a tiny amount). So I think it would be very interesting to see how they measure, if there are any 'knives of death' so to speak which would show up. 

Well, I'm trying to get one to do just that.  Then I'll be able to compare notes w/ uelover about the ES5 vs the 334.  

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #805 of 4,896
Quote:

Well, I'm trying to get one to do just that.  Then I'll be able to compare notes w/ uelover about the ES5 vs the 334.  

So you are thinking of discarding the UERM, get the 334, just for comparison?
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #807 of 4,896
Quote:
I think hearing all 3 would be better first.  
wink_face.gif

Nice! I have been thinking about the UERM for almost a year now but I could never bring myself to buy it. Was almost on the verge of getting it and then there came the 334 and *poof!*, the funds I saved for the UERM were gone. =(

Latest updates: Sony hybrid tip as well as comply T500 foam tip will fit the 334!

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #808 of 4,896
Quote:

Nice! I have been thinking about the UERM for almost a year now but I could never bring myself to buy it. Was almost on the verge of getting it and then there came the 334 and *poof!*, the funds I saved for the UERM were gone. =(

Latest updates: Sony hybrid tip as well as comply T500 foam tip will fit the 334!

For me, the Sony hybrid tips are far and away the best in terms of comfort, and sound.

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #810 of 4,896
Quote:
I think hearing all 3 would be better first.  
wink_face.gif

Check out if there's any sonic differences. A few months back OnizukaJP put comply's on & it sounded less detailed than my TG!334 with stock tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back