FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jul 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #392 of 4,896
Quote:
That is slowly no longer true. It seems starting with their TG!334 universals, I know of at least one US distributor (already mentioned), and another upcoming Indonesian distributor. In today's portable headphone show by Fujiya, there may be another AsiaPac distributor from Singapore. Let's see how that goes.

I think that's why the TG!111 was announced too. Seems FitEar's finding a new international market with their universals.

Edit: sorry for no pix on the TG!111 yet. I've been busy since the show ended today. Also I think the TG!111 probably deserves its own thread rather than piggybacking off the TG!334 thread. Also as to shsh's question, I'd go by what GKanai said - the TG!111 really is a line of it's own...it's signature is different enough that one can't say that the TG!334 is the upper end model, and the TG!111 is the lower end model (even though price-wise/# driver-wise it seems to allude to that way of thinking). The TG!111 is just suited for a particular genre whereas the TG!334 to another. If anyone remembers my review of the TG!334 many pages back, I mentioned that I felt it didn't suit electronic music, as an example, (say the Jean Michel Jarre, YMO, Kitaro, etc.). That's my personal opinion anyway.

Yes, it looks like FitEar is taking advantage of opportunity here, which is a good thing. They deserve more recognition. With that being said, I don't know if the 111 needs its own thread. There are few enough TG334 owners as it stands, and judging from the volume that FitEar is putting out, there aren't going to be that many more. I don't think the thread will be too cluttered. I can just rename it to accomodate the entire TO GO! line. By the way, how much are the TG111 selling for?

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #394 of 4,896
Quote:

Yes, it looks like FitEar is taking advantage of opportunity here, which is a good thing. They deserve more recognition. With that being said, I don't know if the 111 needs its own thread. There are few enough TG334 owners as it stands, and judging from the volume that FitEar is putting out, there aren't going to be that many more. I don't think the thread will be too cluttered. I can just rename it to accomodate the entire TO GO! line. By the way, how much are the TG111 selling for?

Hmmm...that could do...a general TO GO! line. Good idea. Go for it.

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #395 of 4,896
Quote:
Thanks Vitor!  

By the way, does anybody know the price in euro for MH335DW?

You can find the MH335DW pricing here :-

http://fitear.jp/music/product/mh335dw.html

But I think you're gonna be hard pressed trying to get the MH335DW from overseas. As far as I know, with their customs they don't really take impressions from overseas - not like Unique Melody, Ultimate Ears or Westones. That's why FitEar has a name in Japan only 'cos they primarily started with customs for professionals and local customers.

Their TO GO! line seems to be their way of breaking into the international market.

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #396 of 4,896
Quote:

You can find the MH335DW pricing here :-

http://fitear.jp/music/product/mh335dw.html

But I think you're gonna be hard pressed trying to get the MH335DW from overseas. As far as I know, with their customs they don't really take impressions from overseas - not like Unique Melody, Ultimate Ears or Westones. That's why FitEar has a name in Japan only 'cos they primarily started with customs for professionals and local customers.

Their TO GO! line seems to be their way of breaking into the international market.

Yes.. it seems like there's no way. I've tried. A ticket down to Tokyo is the only solution for now.

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #397 of 4,896
Sorry all, I've been somewhat swamped so these are the very quick pix I have of the 111's and later next to the 334's. There are 2x111's below, the demo's and GKanai's 111's. The grubby 334's with loads of fingerprints are mine.

Unfortunately GKanai had to run for another a prior engagement after his purchase otherwise I would have loved to have snapped some actual in-ear shots as a size comparison.

G'night folks :wink:.

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #398 of 4,896
Quote:

Looking forward to that!

If it's not too inconvenient, it'd be great if you could also find time to compare it against the ER4S/P/B... they seem like direct competitors with analogous (well, essentially identical) sound signatures.

The FitEar guys did say that they respected the ER4S a lot and the new 111 is something of a FitEar homage to that model. Unfortunately I don't have an ER4S to compare my 111 to...

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #399 of 4,896
Quote:

Looking forward to that!

If it's not too inconvenient, it'd be great if you could also find time to compare it against the ER4S/P/B... they seem like direct competitors with analogous (well, essentially identical) sound signatures.

The FitEar guys did say that they respected the ER4S a lot and the new 111 is something of a FitEar homage to that model. Unfortunately I don't have an ER4S to compare my 111 to...

To add to this; I talked to the FitEar folks at the show and they did say that the 111's were designed more along the lines for acoustic music. Given that last statement though the 111's had no problems with handling reggae or hip-hop types of music. The bass was there and bass type club music sounded great. The soundstage is still wide and deep, maybe not as 3D or encompassing as the 334's. The details I felt were still there, and acoustic music, jazz sounded great.

Retail pricing should be somewhere around 39,000 JPY but let's wait and see what Fujiya AVIC comes back with on their website.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #400 of 4,896
Quote:

Looking forward to that!

To add to this; I talked to the FitEar folks at the show and they did say that the 111's were designed more along the lines for acoustic music. Given that last statement though the 111's had no problems with handling reggae or hip-hop types of music. The bass was there and bass type club music sounded great. The soundstage is still wide and deep, maybe not as 3D or encompassing as the 334's. The details I felt were still there, and acoustic music, jazz sounded great.

Retail pricing should be somewhere around 39,000 JPY but let's wait and see what Fujiya AVIC comes back with on their website.

One more thing to add. FitEar did mention that the 111's were designed to be listened to at a lower volume.

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #402 of 4,896
Quote:
  To add to this; I talked to the FitEar folks at the show and they did say that the 111's were designed more along the lines for acoustic music. Given that last statement though the 111's had no problems with handling reggae or hip-hop types of music. The bass was there and bass type club music sounded great. The soundstage is still wide and deep, maybe not as 3D or encompassing as the 334's. The details I felt were still there, and acoustic music, jazz sounded great Retail pricing should be somewhere around 39,000 JPY but let's wait and see what Fujiya AVIC comes back with on their website.

Thanks for the information! I assume that the 111 can be driven from portable sources without amplification with no problem at all?

The price is a bit steep for what is essentially an uber-comfortable ER4S, but I suppose that it'd be around the same price if someone bought a brand new ER4S and reshelled it into a custom (though Chinese ER4 custom clones do come a bit cheaper, more affordable than actual ER4s actually) and that won't get you the mesmerizing Suyama build quality and titanium tubing.

The 111 is indeed very intriguing, but I wonder if anyone asked them whether they were coming out with a TO GO! 333...

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #403 of 4,896
Quote:

Thanks for the information! I assume that the 111 can be driven from portable sources without amplification with no problem at all?

The price is a bit steep for what is essentially an uber-comfortable ER4S, but I suppose that it'd be around the same price if someone bought a brand new ER4S and reshelled it into a custom (though Chinese ER4 custom clones do come a bit cheaper, more affordable than actual ER4s actually) and that won't get you the mesmerizing Suyama build quality and titanium tubing.

The 111 is indeed very intriguing, but I wonder if anyone asked them whether they were coming out with a TO GO! 333...

Ti tube on the 111? Same BA as the ER4?

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #404 of 4,896
Quote:
Has anyone in Japan got the chance to find out why cable 000 is a lot more expensive than the 001 that comes with our 334s?

It's been asked before by DonnyHifi back in May when he bought it from them. Apparently it's a "secret" that they'd rather not reveal. I bought the 000 cable yesterday and intend to ship it to ALO for them to balance it. I can ask Ken when he butchers the cable to find out what it's made out of. One thing though the gauge of the cable is thicker, and braided differently.

Quote:

Damn!! That's one thing we didn't try! Was to run the 111 straight out of the phone. But my guess is that it's easily driven...I tried it via my VAmp/Go-DAP and I didn't have to turn up the volume so much there. Again it's a guess until GKanai reports on his 111.

I did ask FitEar if they made their own BA's ('cos Ortofon and some other JP companies actually do!) but Suyama-san said he uses Knowles. They aren't TWFKs but some mids. Unfortunately I didn't catch him which ones though. What does the ER4S use?

About the 333's, I didn't nor do I know if other Head-fiers did. However (as mentioned by Onizukajp or GKanai? Or not mentioned yet?), the TG!111's are apparently on a "test sell" and if successful they'll continue making more but if not, they may stop. In other words, I don't think they'd even consider the 333's if the 111's weren't successful - at their current pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back