FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
May 29, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #616 of 768
FYI: There's a new notice out on unauthorised sellers of TG!334 and Parterres :-

http://www.fitear.jp/music/news/notice.html

"Recently, we have discovered unscrupulous and unauthorised retailers selling used FitEar products as new; others have labelled and sold Parterre as the TO GO! 334. These acts breach the trust of both FitEar and its customers. Please beware that FitEar items purchased from unauthorised resellers will receive neither service or support from FitEar."

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #617 of 768
Hey there, recently got my Parterres, and after a burn in period of around 120 hours, I've got to say, they sound really impressive. 

My only gripe here is the slightly recessed vocals and the slighty-more-than-average sub bass. ( Although switching to silver cables helped to relieve the latter )

Any amp recommendations/pairings to improve the situation? 

Thanks

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #618 of 768
  Hey there, recently got my Parterres, and after a burn in period of around 120 hours, I've got to say, they sound really impressive. 

My only gripe here is the slightly recessed vocals and the slighty-more-than-average sub bass. ( Although switching to silver cables helped to relieve the latter )

Thanks

Vocals and bass are very well covered with my Vorzuge Pure II.  Sound is cohesive top to bottom.

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #619 of 768
  Vocals and bass are very well covered with my Vorzuge Pure II.  Sound is cohesive top to bottom.

ooh boy. that's a start, but I don't think I have the ability to fork out this much right after the Parterre left a hole in my wallet. I was hoping for something along the 350USD range? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #620 of 768
  ooh boy. that's a start, but I don't think I have the ability to fork out this much right after the Parterre left a hole in my wallet. I was hoping for something along the 350USD range? 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean, the Parterre is not cheap but it sounds better the longer you listen to it!  What is your source?  Do you lean towards liking an analytical sound or maybe a darker sound?

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #621 of 768
Mostly using my iPod, computer, currently driven by my iBasso D2+ Boa. 

I would actually want to add a bit more to the mid-highs, make the output sound cleaner and more "sparkly" in a sense. The looming sub bass that's present as of now irks me a little. Maybe not really analytical, but "brighter", in a sense.

But yea, these earphones really grow on you the longer you listen to them 
beyersmile.png

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #622 of 768
  Mostly using my iPod, computer, currently driven by my iBasso D2+ Boa. 

I would actually want to add a bit more to the mid-highs, make the output sound cleaner and more "sparkly" in a sense. The looming sub bass that's present as of now irks me a little. Maybe not really analytical, but "brighter", in a sense.

But yea, these earphones really grow on you the longer you listen to them 
beyersmile.png

I auditioned an Apex Glacier, not with the Parterre's unfortunately, but might be worth a try. Upper levels are fantastic.  I think you can find used in the $350 to $400 range.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #623 of 768

Thanks

why not just EQ down the bass part? I always buy IEMs with too much bass because it's much better to remove something than to try adding what's missing(you never know why it's missing, bad ringing, distortion, crossover ...). and any kind of distortion or ringing that might be added by the EQ(if it's really the worst EQ on earth) will not really matter in the low frequencies. when it could be nasty in the medium. anyway all this to say EQ down in the bass is almost never a problem. just remove 1 or 2db and see how it goes.

also the parterre has one nice quality, it sounds good(if you like that signature) on almost anything that's not above 10ohm and doesn't really ask for the perfect source, not hard to drive, not too sensitive(hiss is not a major issue like most other fitears) .
of course you can desire the best, but finding such an IEM that you can use on the go with any poor dap is a genuine ease of use and comfort.

anyway, I remember the apex to sound slightly calm on bass, but I tried only my jh13 at the time, and they "lose" the bass when the impedance goes up, so I never knew if the amp had slightly rolled off bass or maybe an impedance above 1ohm? you might want to find someone with the combo to be sure. but I wouldn't call the apex bright or sparkly, it sounded just very transparent(except the bass part).

Jun 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #624 of 768
Hello, I'm new here, I'm currently using fitear 111, and still considering to change it for parterre/334, do you guys think the upgrade will be worth enough? I do like my 111, but I'm still looking for a better one,so how is parterre compared to 111, is the characteristic drastically changed? I'm really interested in parterre, as it is easier for me to find one rather than 334, it's sold out anywhere (I live in Japan). 

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #625 of 768
  Hello, I'm new here, I'm currently using fitear 111, and still considering to change it for parterre/334, do you guys think the upgrade will be worth enough? I do like my 111, but I'm still looking for a better one,so how is parterre compared to 111, is the characteristic drastically changed? I'm really interested in parterre, as it is easier for me to find one rather than 334, it's sold out anywhere (I live in Japan). 

Hey there, welcome to Head-Fi!  Sorry I don't have the 111's to compare, but didn't want your first post to go unanswered!  I do know that the Parterre has been a beautiful universal iem to me.  Clarity without being clinical.  Tight bass, wonderful mids, non sibilant treble.  Anyway, hope someone responds to your question.  Keep posting.

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #626 of 768
  Hey there, welcome to Head-Fi!  Sorry I don't have the 111's to compare, but didn't want your first post to go unanswered!  I do know that the Parterre has been a beautiful universal iem to me.  Clarity without being clinical.  Tight bass, wonderful mids, non sibilant treble.  Anyway, hope someone responds to your question.  Keep posting.

Thanks a lot for your reply, that really helps me out. I had been using several IEMs like tf10,ue900,se535le,jh16,etc up until now, do you think it has any similarities with other IEM? I would love to hear your opinion :) 

Thanks

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #627 of 768
  Thanks a lot for your reply, that really helps me out. I had been using several IEMs like tf10,ue900,se535le,jh16,etc up until now, do you think it has any similarities with other IEM? I would love to hear your opinion :) 

Thanks

I don't have extensive experience with iem's, up to this point the best iem's I had were the Westone 4 and Final Audio Design Heaven S.  So this is the first top tier iem I have owned.  All I can say is that it sounds like a top tier compared to the others I owned (though you pay the price).  Instrument placement, coherence, and instrument tone are very natural and there is no overpowering of the bass, mids, or upper ends, over the others.  Not bass heavy at all, though it's there when the music calls for it.

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #628 of 768
  I don't have extensive experience with iem's, up to this point the best iem's I had were the Westone 4 and Final Audio Design Heaven S.  So this is the first top tier iem I have owned.  All I can say is that it sounds like a top tier compared to the others I owned (though you pay the price).  Instrument placement, coherence, and instrument tone are very natural and there is no overpowering of the bass, mids, or upper ends, over the others.  Not bass heavy at all, though it's there when the music calls for it.

alright then, I'll be looking for this parterre, hope so there's no new fitear in a while, too bad I can't do any audition here since I'm living in a small village.

Thanks for your response :)

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #629 of 768
If any of you Parterre owners are interested in selling them shoot me a PM and we can talk price. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back