FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Oct 10, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #646 of 768
Thanks. I always consider IEM from vocal clarity, sometimes a bit forward is okay. Bass is not my preference. I'll take audition the Dita on local store this weekend.

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #647 of 768
As a previous F111 owner, I have followed with much interest the evolution of this Parterre thread, hoping to some day try the Parterre. As luck would have it, I finally acquired a "like-new" Parterre and must say that they do, in fact, exceed my expectations.

After much listening and comparisons with my other IEM's, I have to say that the Parterre currently ranks as my overall favorite, due in no small part to the superb comfort. They literally disappear once seated in my ears while delivering a perfect seal. The accuracy of instrumental timbre, frequency balance and imaging are extremely lifelike. These are one of the few IEM's that I can say actually present an expansive, out-of-head soundstage.

Another huge plus for me is that they pair extremely well with my Tera-Player.

Needless to say, I am a very happy camper!

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #648 of 768
As a previous F111 owner, I have followed with much interest the evolution of this Parterre thread, hoping to some day try the Parterre. As luck would have it, I finally acquired a "like-new" Parterre and must say that they do, in fact, exceed my expectations.

After much listening and comparisons with my other IEM's, I have to say that the Parterre currently ranks as my overall favorite, due in no small part to the superb comfort. They literally disappear once seated in my ears while delivering a perfect seal. The accuracy of instrumental timbre, frequency balance and imaging are extremely lifelike. These are one of the few IEM's that I can say actually present an expansive, out-of-head soundstage.

So glad you found a set and love them!  I still have mine, and even with my K10's, can't seem to get myself to sell them.  They are that good!

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #649 of 768

Hey! Nice to see you are happy with the Parterre even with the LAB1... I found the Parterre a touch preferable to it as well. Definitely more out of the head as you note. I think the midrange is just a hair uninspired though, compared to the LAB & 2.5. Maybe just every so slightly thin and not as rich and meaty as the other two.... But otherwise, it's really amazing. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #650 of 768
Listening to the Parterre this evening I am more and more impressed with how well it takes to amping. It, and the LAB1, both are top of the heap of the BA only IEMs I've owned when it comes to being driven with one. I mean, the way it opens up in terms of spaciousness with my Rx MK3 is not a subtle thing, where it normally is with other BA IEMs. The clarity and instrument placement are seriously wowing me right now! 

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #653 of 768
Looking to buy this one but I'm still not sure if it'll fit me well. I had trouble with the TF10 but my Westone 4R, UM3X, DBA-02 fits me very well. Any idea if I'll encounter any problems with the Parterre?

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #654 of 768
Looking to buy this one but I'm still not sure if it'll fit me well. I had trouble with the TF10 but my Westone 4R, UM3X, DBA-02 fits me very well. Any idea if I'll encounter any problems with the Parterre?

The Parterre is one of the best-fitting phones I have owned. The selection of included tips should about achieve a good fit in about any ear. If the phones you list fit well, the Parterre should be no problem at all.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #655 of 768
A very comfortable iem, but might take some tip rolling to get the right combo of comfort and sound. I ended up liking the B&W tips best. A great iem.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #656 of 768
Thanks for the replies. Might get one after I save up a bit. Hope it's an improvement from my Westone 4r.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #657 of 768
Thanks for the replies. Might get one after I save up a bit. Hope it's an improvement from my Westone 4r.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I had the Westone 4R's and IMO the Parterre is, in all respects, the better IEM.

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #660 of 768
In what way compared to the W4R (which, IMO, has a slightly warm, non-sibilant, good all-rounder type of sound)?

Compared to the W4R that I owned, the Parterre has much more accurate imaging and sense of dimension. It can be described as almost holographic when compared to the W4R. I also found vocal and instrumental timbre to be more realistic. The soundstage is more distant than the W4R, as if sitting about 4 rows back during a performance.

Another thing that I really disliked about the W4R is that the nozzles had no lip to hold the tips in place and they often remained in my ears when I removed the phones. Very aggravating.

The stock cable that ships with the Parterre is much superior to that of the W4R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back