FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Jul 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #573 of 902
Ahh, exchange. I hope all works out well. 

I hope you can help me...I have just ordered the fitear F111 and want to know where I can get replacement tips from?....do the ortofon silicone tips fit?
I ordered them from musicaacoustics and was wondering about their typical lead times...on the website it said out of stock but it also says that manufacturers like fitears get stocked quickly...what is your experience of this?

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #574 of 902
Quote:
I hope you can help me...I have just ordered the fitear F111 and want to know where I can get replacement tips from?....do the ortofon silicone tips fit?
I ordered them from musicaacoustics and was wondering about their typical lead times...on the website it said out of stock but it also says that manufacturers like fitears get stocked quickly...what is your experience of this?

I imagine Ortofon tips should be fine. I use Sony Hybrids and they fit fine; if I remember correctly, Ortofon tips are only slightly wider than the Hybrids so they should work.

Can't help with the second question though.

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #576 of 902
Quote:

I use the ortofon on TG334 and Parterre (which has the same flange size as the 111). It is a great fit. As for musica's relationship with FitEar and lead times, I have no idea. I know that Dimitri jumps for great big ticket items like the 111 and ToGo so he may have them in soon. Why not ask him in email?

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #577 of 902
Quote:

The Ortofon tips will fit, but their sizes are a bit on the "smaller" side.
So a size M Ortofon tips will be smaller than a similar size Heir, UE, V-Moda, stock FitEar tips etc and the L size will be somewhere in between of M to L size for the other "standard size" tips.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #578 of 902
Quote:

The Ortofon tips will fit, but their sizes are a bit on the "smaller" side.
So a size M Ortofon tips will be smaller than a similar size Heir, UE, V-Moda, stock FitEar tips etc and the L size will be somewhere in between of M to L size for the other "standard size" tips.

Since most L-sized tips are too small for me, I guess it rules out Ortofon tips for me. I was wondering about that, with all the praise heaped upon them. 
size]

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #580 of 902
I definitely preferred the 111.  If you're crazy, we both belong in an institution.

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #583 of 902
Quote:
I definitely preferred the 111.  If you're crazy, we both belong in an institution.

We must be "special" lol.

Quote:
Ah, but that's only because none of you has tried the FI-BA-SS! (or FI-BA-SB, for that matter)

Never had a chance to try one myself :/
Quote:
Do you prefer 111 only for the fit? I am considering selling my 334 because of fit issues and considering 111.

334 fits very nicely. I just prefer 111's sound signature over 334's. Sometimes less is better!

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #584 of 902
Ah, but that's only because none of you has tried the FI-BA-SS! (or FI-BA-SB, for that matter)

I had the A1! It had audible distortion. I really liked the FR, but it sounded smoothed over, like a net was catching some of the detail.

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #585 of 902
I would say the 111's fit is dangerous. It can definitely be plugged into larger ears very easily. I also think it is fairly easy to get a good seal. However, I ended up plugging the 111 too far down my ear canal and I was in pain for two weeks. It was scary.

I'm getting the 111 again but I will use Ortofon tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back