FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #841 of 902
Yeah cables are tricky. I have the er4pt with s adapter and I don't find the f111 to be anything like it I mean it kinda sounds like a er4s but seems more refined I listen closely but I can't really find a match that says they are in the same gene pool...I donno

How different are the f111 to the 334's since you've owned both? I guess the sd3's would be somewhere in the middle. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #842 of 902
omg night and day my man night and day. honestly there is no comparing the 2 they dont exist in the same ballpark.i dont even know if the s3d would be in the same ballbark the tg334 are a monster. BIG sound,everything is refinded so everything is lush, lows rumble,mids are silky smooth, highs are silky smooth with sparkle, wide soundstage,in your face imaging....i really wish i wouldnt have sold mine. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #843 of 902
  omg night and day my man night and day. honestly there is no comparing the 2 they dont exist in the same ballpark.i dont even know if the s3d would be in the same ballbark the tg334 are a monster. BIG sound,everything is refinded so everything is lush, lows rumble,mids are silky smooth, highs are silky smooth with sparkle, wide soundstage,in your face imaging....i really wish i wouldnt have sold mine. 

lol I take it you were disappointed realising the f111 didn't sound much like mini 334's
bigsmile_face.gif
. I remember demoing the 334's last year and just found the sound to be unreal, night and day even compared to the 846..pretty much what you said. If fitears released a model at half the price of the 334's and offered 70% of the sound performance, I'll be first in line. That's what I hope the sd3's are. I wish somebody would do an in depth comparison of the 334 and sd3's.   

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #844 of 902
  lol I take it you were disappointed realising the f111 didn't sound much like mini 334's
bigsmile_face.gif
. I remember demoing the 334's last year and just found the sound to be unreal, night and day even compared to the 846..pretty much what you said. If fitears released a model at half the price of the 334's and offered 70% of the sound performance, I'll be first in line. That's what I hope the sd3's are. I wish somebody would do an in depth comparison of the 334 and sd3's.   

Well i am a huge fan for the er4s and the F111 is supposed to be alot like or even better than the er4s, and needless to say its not. it lacks accuracy, it lacks isolations, it imo was a failure imo when it comes to comparing the er4s to the F111, as far as as thetics the F111 is pretty, the titanium is pretty, but pretty doesnt sound good.

and at one point i had both the F111 and the TG334 and the TG334 had the 000 cable, and needless to say i have heard nothing else that can touch that as far as the elegance, lush and pure smoothness that it puts out.

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #849 of 902
Me too. Excellent soundstage, trebs and mids. Bass really punchy and speed, not like the 334. There are two completely differents things. Personnally, I like both. 

Next step: Fitear Fitear and TG 335...

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #850 of 902
  Me too. Excellent soundstage, trebs and mids. Bass really punchy and speed, not like the 334. There are two completely differents things. Personnally, I like both. 

Next step: Fitear Fitear and TG 335...

Yup, it's quite impressive to see how FitEar can offer a range of IEM with different signatures / approaches.

I hope you'll enjoy your F111 and you won't leave the FitEar team again: Big Brother Suayama is watching you mate.

H.

Sep 1, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #851 of 902
Anyone tried these with Spinfit eartips?

I have a feeling that people's experience with these tips should be more consistence compared to other tips (tips flexibility and all).

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #852 of 902
Spinfits would be a terrible idea for the F111. It's a horn design on the F111 nozzle, which means it gets larger as it gets closer to the opening. This is how the F111 achieves its treble response, while maintaining its bass levels. Spinfit tips swivel mechanism reduces the bore of their tips by approximately 30% near the opening, therefore creating an inverse horn. Effectively undoing the tech that gives the F111 it's designed response. Not only would treble quantity suffer but extension would be cut back as well. IMO spinfits are a no, no for any horn designed nozzle.

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #853 of 902
OK, then. Thanks for the heads up! 

I have these once and I agree that they do sound amazing.. BUT only with perfect fit/tips which I personally find very hard to achieve.

I managed to get the fit right once and I kept them for a while because of that. I just knew that these have the potential to be great.

Sadly, that was not to be and I had to let them go.

The ER4-S, on the other hand, is much easier to achieve the perfect fit, just stab your ears till it bleeds. Ouch.

But I'm willing to give it one more chance if anyone can recommend me some tips that would give more consistence results, especially in terms of clarity/details.

I would REALLY appreciate it. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #855 of 902
Thanks!

I'll try that when I managed to fetch a pair of the F111, again.

I will be in Japan for a week. I hope they still have some in Fujiya.

If not, I may go with Final Audio Heaven VII with spinfit eartips instead.

From the reviews, this one seems like the closest thing to F111 (cold side of neutral).

Yes, I know there are Etys, but their insertion is hard to get used to, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back