FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Aug 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #706 of 902
Sorry for so many concurrent posts, but a few more updates on the f111 impressions.

First, for me personally, thus far, these are my favorite IEM.  Again today, although I primarily only listened to the f111, I compared my pfe112 with them.  I keep trying to convince myself the pfe112 is pretty much as good as the f111 if I use eq, and while they really are very close and maybe even better in some ways, the f111 always strikes me as more realistic and speaker like when I switch back to them.  The odd thing I've been finding is that they have more body and warmth no matter what eq you use.  I completely bumped up the treble trying to make them sound like the pfe (which I think have more "capable" treble in some ways) but no matter what eq I use the pfe come across as more open and bright even when eqing the treble to be a similar flatness.

So I would say these are the most open and bright iems.  In fact, after listening to any other iem these seem like they are warmer with more body when I switch back to them.  However, they bring out more details and have better everything else.  So, it sort of makes up for the treble.  And they don't sound like they're lacking "any" treble when they're fit perfectly for me.  I've been having a lot more consistent luck with the vsonic bi-flanges today.  Pretty much every time today I've got a great fit/sound.  All other phones, including the er4s sound like they have to have more treble to sound more speaker like.  It's as if they sound muffled if the treble isn't very flat.  The f111 sound just as speaker like without sounding as "bright".  It's like the treble is smoother as less fatiguing in comparison.  But they are different.  I can understand why someone would think they aren't as bright even with a perfect fit, but if you give it time and get used to the sound I think you'll find they don't sound any less bright than they should with the perfect fit (critical).  I think the treble they do have is higher quality than most (like the er4s in a way) so they don't need to be overly bright to pull out details.

Just to give you an idea of how flat they sound to me (despite having more body)...  I eq the er4s by adding 3-5db in the sub bass range less than 50hz.  I sometimes boost 7.5khz by 1.5db, but I don't find that necessary at all.  That's it.  The er4s is pretty damn amazing with frequency response in my opinion.  The pfe I cut to treble spikes by 06db and -4db or something like that.  The bass on the pfe is perfect.  The pfe bass is almost insanely smooth and perfect to me.  Sometimes I still boost the entire sub bass region equally to make the whole thing sound warmer, but not always.  With the right treble cuts they are extremely flat.  In fact, I prefer them over the er4s, because they are as flat but with better soundstage, comfort, etc.  I probably wouldn't have the er4s if they weren't so good with isolation and "smoother" sounding.  I can never pick between the two.  I said I would buy the pfe again (sold them originally and bought them again when they went out of business) and sell the one I didn't like as much.  That was like 6 months ago. ha.  I haven't been able to part with either and probably never will.

Anyway, back on topic...  To make the pfe perfectly flat "to me", I boost the treble at 11khz +1db and everything above 15hz 1.5db.  That's it.  I was boosting the sub bass similar to the er4s, but I stopped and with the bi-flanges I get better sub bass.  Maybe not perfect, but if I end up adding any it would probably only be 1db or so below 50hz.  That's it.  1-1.5db at what is already pretty high frequencies and they sound perfectly flat to me.  In FACT, sometimes I even think some songs are a little bright in the 11khz or so area, but I'm thinking it's the recordings as most sound fine.  So, I think people will find them warm and less bright sounding.  But if you try to simply enjoy the music I think you'll find they sound every bit as detailed and even more realistic than most earphones (any iv'e heard).  I'm sure some will disagree, and I really think some won't even achieve the right fit to get this level of details.  Unfortunately, I think these are going to be like the er4s, where a lot of people think they have NO bass because they don't fit them deep enough.  I think people are going to find these muffled or warm, because they don't fit them properly or maybe even "can't".  I recommend not giving up.

Luckily, the first time I ever listened to them (as gnarlsagan can attest to from my excitement in the tour private message group) I happened to luckily fit them perfectly and they sounded awesome.  After that, it took me a long time to find a good fit to get that sound again.  Luckily I had heard them at their best so I knew I should keep trying and alas, I've pretty much come to be able to get that sound all the time.  Now if I could find a way to get the money to buy them. haha :wink:

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #707 of 902
Today I finally decided to do something about the fit issue I have with the F111. I had a pair of spare biflange that came with the asg-2 and decided to use them on the F111. I pushed the bi-flange so that the titanium tip is just a mm away from the tip of the bi-flange tip. I got this idea from alo audio website and it worked on the cardas ear speakers while I had them (RIP).

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #708 of 902
@audiobewbi, I used UE TF10 Single Flange Eartips, for my Fitear 111 & Cardas EM5813 (its work for rock music, 5813 treble rised, Jerry Harvey is a genius, cancell to sell it).

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #710 of 902
Wow F111 sound so different when inserted deep inside ear there is a great improvement in sound, much crisper sound with bass that can actually have an impact!

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #711 of 902
Oh my gosh!  Darnit!!!!  Despite seeming unlikely, I pushed them in really deep with the vsonic bi flange.  More deep than I thought they'd go, but they went, and they're incredible!  They're practically perfect.  The treble got even more prominent and the bass is more punchy.  They become less "mid centric".  I would say they're as close to perfect as they're going to get.  Now I just need a tip like the ety triple flange to make deep insertion easier.  Wow.  I'm talking crisp while still being extremely balanced.

I had good treble with my previous "perfect" fit, but this just brought the whole treble up a little in a smooth way.  In fact, they sound even more er4s now but with the better everything else :wink: hehe.  They even isolate noticeably better this way.  I find no need for eq.  I'll give you an idea of what they sound like to me.

With a pretty good fit I would use this EQ to make them sound flat.  Similar to the er4s, but they seem to have a little less in the 2-3khz and highest treble.  But you can see they're pretty much near the goal. 

With the deepest fit I have yet achieved, I get this EQ sound without EQ.  So the change is almost exactly what I was boosting.  But the isolation improves too.  You can see how much fit matters with these.  With a normal fit you would commonly use with this type of tip, this would be how they sound to me if I used EQ to simulate what they sound like compared to flat.

So you can see again how much fit affects the sound.  You can also see why they sound a bit warmer and more full bodied with all that tendency towards the low end.  But as you can see from the simulated EQ, they are also very smooth in their response even when warm. So, the details still come through strongly and things sound very coherent and put together realistically, albeit just a bit warmer and less airy.  But just take that tip and stick it in really deep...

(I hear a "that's what she said" coming anytime now.)

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #712 of 902
Quote:
I pushed them in really deep with the vsonic bi flange.  More deep than I thought they'd go, but they went, and they're incredible!  They're practically perfect. 

I can achieve this only with the vsonic bi flange and the stock frosted bi flange.  No other tips come close to the depth or sound.  I'd say the frosted tips fit more comfortably by a small margin and sound a bit smoother overall, but just a very small amount.  This might have to do with the fact the the stock tips have a hole the size of the horn opening.  The vsonic (assuming it's those tips) have a smaller hole and might be occluding some of the frequencies or at least shaping them somehow...

UPDATE:  I take that back.  It's very hard to consistently get the stock bi flange to fit if ever, because they are wider and don't seem to go as deep.  The vsonic are it.  Perfect flatness when very deep.  I think i'm almost around the second bend, but I'm not sure.  My etys would probably go one more small flange deep, so I'm at least close...  but MAN do they sound freaking awesome with ZEEERO eq.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #713 of 902
I can achieve this only with the vsonic bi flange and the stock frosted bi flange.  No other tips come close to the depth or sound.  I'd say the frosted tips fit more comfortably by a small margin and sound a bit smoother overall, but just a very small amount.  This might have to do with the fact the the stock tips have a hole the size of the horn opening.  The vsonic (assuming it's those tips) have a smaller hole and might be occluding some of the frequencies or at least shaping them somehow...

UPDATE:  I take that back.  It's very hard to consistently get the stock bi flange to fit if ever, because they are wider and don't seem to go as deep.  The vsonic are it.  Perfect flatness when very deep.  I think i'm almost around the second bend, but I'm not sure.  My etys would probably go one more small flange deep, so I'm at least close...  but MAN do they sound freaking awesome with ZEEERO eq.

Lol did you just quote yourself? Awesome impressions man.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #714 of 902
Lol did you just quote yourself? Awesome impressions man.

I wanted to add that I'm looking forward to spending more time with all the tips. There are so many combinations, and they vary so much in sound and consistency. Your input here has been very helpful.

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #715 of 902
Quote:
I wanted to add that I'm looking forward to spending more time with all the tips. There are so many combinations, and they vary so much in sound and consistency. Your input here has been very helpful.

Quote:

Yeah me too.. I am loving the sound but so far it's only the stock tips that work for me..
They seal really well but i would love to get deeper insertion and to hear the sonics you are talking about.. 

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #720 of 902
Reception through the right channel deteriorated over the past week....I don't remember ever snagging it although I do wind it around my DAP. I was told by musica acoustics that the cables for a tg334 will not work with the f111..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back