Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Sep 28, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #451 of 1,062
That actually isn't as ridiculous as it sounds...

https://instagram.com/p/11jxSEwGpF/ 
tongue.gif

@jelt2359, thank you for such a comprehensive shootout. It really is a massive achievement. When you step back and take it in as a whole, it becomes clear that all of the monitors included in the shootout are incredibly good.

So I guess people have never been to bars, clubs, or concerts then? I'm not trying to be combative, but I'm sure at some at some point everyone will be exposed to music that is too loud. I am all in for protecting hearing. Can't argue against that 

Sep 29, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #455 of 1,062
Thank you Jason, was a delight following the course of the shootout. Enjoy your rest before taking up the torch for Fit for a Bat 2 hahaha 
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #456 of 1,062
Nr 1 & 2 reviews are still not published over here are they? Or am I missing out on something and are they written in (at least for me) invisible ink?
confused.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #458 of 1,062
Sep 29, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #459 of 1,062
Well Jason my deepest respect for this series, which I think can only be described as a pinnacle of review writing and an inspiration to all aspiring writers (as myself).

It's one thing to give a bland, analytic description of an iem but it's something else to write such a narrative.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #460 of 1,062
  Well Jason my deepest respect for this series, which I think can only be described as a pinnacle of review writing and an inspiration to all aspiring writers (as myself).

It's one thing to give a bland, analytic description of an iem but it's something else to write such a narrative.

Yep...fully agree on that
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #461 of 1,062
Hi Mimouille,

Love your Frozen Coke vs White Wine analogy.
Hahaha Great stuff :)

I have or have had several ciems : Miracles, NT6, Roxannes, SE5 Reference, MH335DW and hear a few others. Some I really love, but in terms of getting the perfect mix of fidelity and musicality, none touch the SE5 Ultimate IMHO. I have tons of fun with my 846, but when I pop the Ult...man it's like switching from a nice frozen coke (really nice) to a great vintage of fresh white wine.

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #462 of 1,062

The only thing that could've made this better is if he had all designs the same, and performed the reviews not knowing which model was which. Then the review could be free of all the marketing and such. But otherwise these reviews are spectacular! Thanks!

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #463 of 1,062
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why Spiral Ears requires a closed mouth impression?

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #464 of 1,062
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why Spiral Ears requires a closed mouth impression?

Since most people won't have their mouths open with their CIEMs, it's logical to have closed mouth impressions in general. Open mouth is usually recommended cos artists ( main market ) need to sing. For acrylic it's usually okay to use open mouth impressions for closed mouth usage as acrylic is surprisingly quite forgiving in terms of minor changes in ear canal. It won't hurt much. But silicon is rather abrasive and can be painful with fit changes hence I'm guessing that's why Spiral Ears recommends closed mouth impressions so that it doesn't cause much pain when using the ciems

My thoughts

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #465 of 1,062
Updated with IEMs ranked #2 (link) and #1 (link). Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back