Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Oct 10, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #991 of 1,062
@ Mimoulie sorry i just realized it was Singaporean dollar :p

@ezekiel77@MikePortnoy can i ask for your advice, if i want to buy a new custom IEM under $1500. and i want custom IEM that has good sound quality and strong build quality. at the moment im using vsonic gr-07 when i commute and HD598 at home. im quite happy with my gear right now, but i just want to step it up a little bit.
At first Lear BD 4.2 have my attention, but after read a lot of product's reviews from this website i get more confuse... :frowning2:

ps: why when i try to post a reply it said your submission is held for moderation? 
you didn't ask me but I'll answer still. It is a big step up and maybe there are universal solutions you can try before going custom. Because going custom is a bigger risk if you don't like the sound or fit. You could first check good 500-1000 universals and they would already be a big step up, such as Andromeda, 846, Sirius, etc. You can also get the AAW500 or Lear in uni.

If you want a custom you have to define which sig you want. I have owned or tried a lot of high end stuff and the AAW500 really impressed me. It is a hybrid sound, so you have to know if that is what you want.

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #992 of 1,062
@mimouille thank you for ur reply. actually there is another reason why i want to have custom earphones.

in the past i had tried many earphones around 100$ like momentum, jvcfx90, gr01, vc1000. most of them have a problem after 1year. either broken cable of one of the speaker doesn't work.

earphones with detachable cable and strong build quality is expensive. thats why im thinking if im going to spend $1000 for iem,i might as well go for custom.

for sound sig i dont have anything in particular, i listen to jazz, pop music, something with good soundstage, clarity and bass. thanks

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #994 of 1,062
  @ Mimoulie sorry i just realized it was Singaporean dollar :p

@ezekiel77@MikePortnoy can i ask for your advice, if i want to buy a new custom IEM under $1500. and i want custom IEM that has good sound quality and strong build quality. at the moment im using vsonic gr-07 when i commute and HD598 at home. im quite happy with my gear right now, but i just want to step it up a little bit.
At first Lear BD 4.2 have my attention, but after read a lot of product's reviews from this website i get more confuse... :frowning2:

ps: why when i try to post a reply it said your submission is held for moderation? 

+1 for W500. It has a very likeable, mainstream tuning suitable for many genres.

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #995 of 1,062

+1 for W500. It has a very likeable, mainstream tuning suitable for many genres.

Probably I am amongst the minor that think this but an EDed FX850 to me has negligible difference to the W500.

I'd personally recommend Aether or A10 more.

The thing with "likeable" sounds whilst I enjoy them myself too is that they usually have a cap on SQ due to their specific sound sig. A10 has mids closest to what I heard from Stax set although other areas such as dynamics, soundstage etc are not as impressive as other possible options.

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #996 of 1,062

Probably I am amongst the minor that think this but an EDed FX850 to me has negligible difference to the W500.

I'd personally recommend Aether or A10 more.

The thing with "likeable" sounds whilst I enjoy them myself too is that they usually have a cap on SQ due to their specific sound sig. A10 has mids closest to what I heard from Stax set although other areas such as dynamics, soundstage etc are not as impressive as other possible options.

Aether is nice but clearly overhyped IMO...nothing to write home about. AAW500 has more speed, clarity and space.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #998 of 1,062
  Jelt-Any news on the start of the next Fit for a Bat? 

Slowly but surely getting there. It's been a long wait getting them all lined up, but I have to say that of those I've tested some have really impressed- we're talking in the same performance range as the SE5U!

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #999 of 1,062
  Slowly but surely getting there. It's been a long wait getting them all lined up, but I have to say that of those I've tested some have really impressed- we're talking in the same performance range as the SE5U!

Very interesting teaser! But, because of this the wait is even gonna feel longer
tongue.gif

Well, in the end I'm sure it will be worth the wait, as you already did such an impressive job with the first round!
beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #1,000 of 1,062

Quoting Geoffrey Zakarian: "Sign the d@mned painting!" :wink: 

In all seriousness, I can't wait to read it as I'm putting in an order for new CIEMs in the next month or so. Really looking forward to your reviews.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #1,001 of 1,062
thank you for not putting NT6 in round 2 , i would have a hard time not buying anything that you would think surpasses them 
tongue.gif
 (although them being in the same level as se5ult, i would be fine just sticking with them)

besides no more money to spent atm , last batch of available cash was spent on a EE Athena 

come on , bring on Round 2 
beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #1,002 of 1,062
Hi everyone, may i know how long normally you guys wait for custom IEM? because i tried to contact AAW and they tell me waiting time is 8 weeks.
Quote:

HI Jelt2359,
may i know, the IEM that have same performance as SE5U is under $1500 budget?

thanks

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,003 of 1,062
HI Jelt2359,

thanks

CIEM's generally take 4-8 weeks depending on the company and where you live relative to the company. Companies like EE and Noble even have a rush order option for a two-week turnaround time.

Oct 20, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,004 of 1,062
  Hi everyone, may i know how long normally you guys wait for custom IEM? because i tried to contact AAW and they tell me waiting time is 8 weeks.
Quote:

HI Jelt2359,

thanks

That's easy, the SE5 Reference - the ultimate's predecessor which is currently 
€ 1219 or 1333.65 US Dollar.
http://www.spiralear.com/en/products/se5-reference/

Oct 20, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,005 of 1,062
  That's easy, the SE5 Reference - the ultimate's predecessor which is currently 
€ 1219 or 1333.65 US Dollar.
http://www.spiralear.com/en/products/se5-reference/

or NT6 , of course 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back