Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Sep 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #963 of 1,062
  Ok for real, this isn't just killing me, its killing the whole darned Head-Fi community.....

What the HECK IS THE WARBLER!?

I have spent hours scouring the Interwebs for said Warbler IEM and I have literally found zero info, zilch, nada, nista, niente, nekas, nenio.... NOTHING .

There is no way a product being reviewed as a TOTL IEM has such low (no) web presence. There is no way, that even a startup company making a TOTL IEM has no web presence. I cant see any reason for the elusiveness of said Warbler.... unless the technology is so new and so outstanding that said Warbler IEM company choses to remain anonymous and hidden from the prying eyes of copycats and re-engineers. 

I need, we need, we all NEED to know!!!!!

It's going to be released in a month they're still setting the company up :wink:

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #964 of 1,062
It's going to be released in a month they're still setting the company up :wink:

I see! Thanks.

To set up a company like this, how much capital does one need? I know that buying ba drivers isnt cheap, esp when ordering in the 1000s or 10s of thousands, then theres everything else needed.

What im really trying to ask is, can any tom dick and harry own a successful audio company in todays day and age...?

A new company seems to surface every week, with either a great product that everyone wants, or as a complete failure.

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #965 of 1,062
I see! Thanks.

To set up a company like this, how much capital does one need? I know that buying ba drivers isnt cheap, esp when ordering in the 1000s or 10s of thousands, then theres everything else needed.

What im really trying to ask is, can any tom dick and harry own a successful audio company in todays day and age...?

A new company seems to surface every week, with either a great product that everyone wants, or as a complete failure.

I'll hand this one over to @piotrus-g 

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #966 of 1,062
  I'll hand this one over to @piotrus-g 

Haha! Thanks.

Depends on what's your development speed, but you can pretty much start with as low as €1-2k and then upgrade from that (better equipement, different drivers etc). If you would want to trully start with all gear you will need along the way I'd say around €10-15k to set up fully working lab, with certified measuring rig, proper UV lights, materials, proper tools, at least 1000 300pcs of drivers etc. For 10-15k you'd have enough to produce for six months easily in my opinion (especially when your company is small at first).
It's really not that much one would imagine.

[EDIT]:xf_eek:k, I overestimated drivers cost. 1kpcs is like €8-10k in single drivers haha

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #968 of 1,062
  HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought 5 years of University of Toronto made me a Google Research Expert!!!! Literally, hours were spent last night searching hahahahahah.

You sir, have humbled me greatly.

Haha, you can get up from you knees! Although I have to say that it literally took me thirty seconds. I just googled "warbler iem" and it was like the third hit. I think the others led to flinkenick's profile and this thread.
biggrin.gif
 But I agree it's not a whole lot. (Even though I gotta admit that my formerly strong belief in the University of Toronto is shattered.
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #969 of 1,062
  Thanks for that honest and realistic assessment. It is a very good brief glimpse into the CIEM world.

+1

Besides the needed capital I guess passion for the game and a good ear / talent for tuning (probably a lot of practice too) are even more important
rolleyes.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #970 of 1,062
Haha, you can get up from you knees! Although I have to say that it literally took me thirty seconds. I just googled "warbler iem" and it was like the third hit. I think the others led to flinkenick's profile and this thread. :D  But I agree it's not a whole lot. (Even though I gotta admit that my formerly strong belief in the University of Toronto is shattered. :p

Nooo dont blame UofT for my idiocy!! Been out of school for way too many years to be effective anymore haha. Us Canadians focus our energy on staying warm opposed to maintaining intelligence lmao. :wink:

This was completely self inflicted haha.

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #971 of 1,062
Haha! Thanks.

Depends on what's your development speed, but you can pretty much start with as low as €1-2k and then upgrade from that (better equipement, different drivers etc). If you would want to trully start with all grear you will need along the way I'd say around €10-15k to set up fully working lab, with certified measuring rig, proper UV lights, materials, proper tools, at least 1000 300pcs of drivers etc. For 10-15k you'd have enough to produce for six months easily in my opinion (especially when your company is small at first).
It's really not that much one would imagine.

[EDIT]:xf_eek:k, I overestimated drivers cost. 1kpcs is like €8-10k in single drivers haha

Like... Legit 46second reply time haha.
Youre amazing, and thanks for the transparency.

I have for the last 3 years wanted to build an iem (or set of home speakers.. I wasnt always a headfier ya'know) for fun/hobby (I kind of look up to you Piotr, self made man doing what he loves for people who love what he does.... What a great feeling that must be!!).

I never thought Id say this, but its unfortunate that my career has hindered me doing what I (think) I'd love to do... then again, for a fool whos young dumb and full of c*m, im lucky to have a stable career.

Any way, I babbled off topic. Thank you Piotr and flinkenick!!

Sep 8, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #972 of 1,062
Like... Legit 46second reply time haha.
Youre amazing, and thanks for the transparency.

I have for the last 3 years wanted to build an iem (or set of home speakers.. I wasnt always a headfier ya'know) for fun/hobby (I kind of look up to you Piotr, self made man doing what he loves for people who love what he does.... What a great feeling that must be!!).

I never thought Id say this, but its unfortunate that my career has hindered me doing what I (think) I'd love to do... then again, for a fool whos young dumb and full of c*m, im lucky to have a stable career.

Any way, I babbled off topic. Thank you Piotr and flinkenick!!

Thank you all for kindly replies.

It's a good feeling you know, but it also comes with lots of downsides and if you are someone who needs stability and security runing your own business may be very tough to manage. But you know, if you are in position where you can start a business and spread meaningful ideas I'd say go for it and at least give it a try, failure is a step towards something better if you learn from it.

Sep 8, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #973 of 1,062
Thank you all for kindly replies.

It's a good feeling you know, but it also comes with lots of downsides and if you are someone who needs stability and security runing your own business may be very tough to manage. But you know, if you are in position where you can start a business and spread meaningful ideas I'd say go for it and at least give it a try, failure is a step towards something better if you learn from it.

Very well said, Piotr. Anyone in almost any industry has the ability to manifest brilliant concepts and ideas.

I feel like I (and many of my coworkers) have revolutionary ideas for improving the Water/Wastewater Treatment Industry.

But....

Putting these into fruition is the difficult part; which unfortunately "difficulty" or "failure" really hinders many people from following their passions and dreams.

At the end of the day not everyone can do it, though ask anyone if they could own a business doing what they love, they'd say YES.

"Failure is the pillar to success" -dad, all the time.

Cheers, Headfiers.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #975 of 1,062
I corrected list

Lime Ears Aether
Warbler "The Mysterious"
CustomArt Harmony 8.2
Alclair Studio 4
Vision Ears VE5
Hum Prestine Reference
Westone ES60
Hifiman RE1000
Campfire Audio Andromeda
Perfect Seal AR6
Jomo Audio 6R
Clear Tune Monitors CT500
64 Audio A6
Rhapsodio Galaxy Custom

Wow impressive colletction for review, really looking forward a lot and I am most inquisitive on ES60 it seems to me like great ciem from minimal reviews. Only shame that you do not have UERR and Empire Ears their Spartan, Athena, ZeusR, all seems to be super.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back